• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The calendary of the Skandalopetra games for the 2010!!!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Patrick Musimu announced he is going to attempt doing a 150m Skandalopetra dive. Seeing how long the 107m dive of Herbert was, it looks like Patrick would need close to 6 minutes for the 150m. Or do you think that he could descend considerably faster with a bigger stone, and being pulled out at a faster rate too?

I guess counter-ballast or motor driven pulling are not permitted at Skandalopetra, so the ascend speed may be quite a lmiting factor. BTW, do you have some safety backup in place for the case the 'pullers' get too tired, slow, or lazy in the middle? Or that they decide to strike and requesting higher reward? :)

Reactions: foxfish
beautiful disciplin!

glad o have you on deeperblue Nikolas!

i would love to try this but unfortunatly i leave crete on the 22nd June so going to miss it.

is there anywhere in crete i can meet with some freedivers?

DD

is there anywhere in crete i can meet with some freedivers?
Ahem, wasn't the deal that you spend quality (translate: non-freediving) time with the missus in Crete and then you freedive when you get to Dahab???

Bahahaha you're going to get killed :D :D :D

Reactions: foxfish
Seeing how long the 107m dive of Herbert was, it looks like Patrick would need close to 6 minutes for the 150m.
Not quite. As far as I remember, last year Herbert did this as a fun dive, and he let go of the rope on the last part of the ascent and even made air bubbles...

EDIT: I found the video http://www.evolutionchannel.tv/ under H. Nitsch, the first one

Ahem, wasn't the deal that you spend quality (translate: non-freediving) time with the missus in Crete and then you freedive when you get to Dahab???

Bahahaha you're going to get killed :D :D :D

..... maybe........

Maybe some quality time with missus on a private beach; first some sun beading, snorkelling, and when returning to the beach pre pair the BBQ dinner (maybe with some fresh fish!) serve dinner add a nice bottle of the local wine, olives, bread, and I'm confident you'll have some monofin training exercises afterwards :D :D :D.

Kars! i like your thinking!

sounds good particularly the Monofin echnique traing after ;)

always did say that diving with monofin is like sex in water.

hahahahahahahahahahaha

DD

Well, it's not a real secret, sex sells, but you can ask the ladies here, maybe they have some more suggestions for your private beach day?

Oh yeah, this thread is about skandalopetra-games, so practice some decent with a flat rock and no suit + nose clip trying to relax through the thermoclines. Herbert did mentioned those and I know it's challenging to relax while your body is being hit by such cold water shock.

hmmm i reallu am liking the sound and ethos behind this Skandalopetra diving, friend of mine has a stone he made so may have to give it a go.

thanks Kars, all you LAdy Divers out there are welcome to chime in with any suggestions ;).

back on topic though, is there anybody in crete to dive with.... for Skandelopetra of course...

DD

We have the opportunity to use differents methods to take up the athletes, the traditional, the mechanical, the semi-mechanical e.t.c., dipend from the plan of the diving and we decide on local, during the training!!!! Anyway we have a strong and expirient team for all the games!!!
The games are open to everyone!
The participation to all the events (Athletic, social, culture, scientific e.t.c.) are free of charges!!!
It' s necessary to present only the Medical certification (You can to optained from the our doctors)

with a flat rock and no suit + nose clip trying to relax
Looking at the video more carefully, I see that Herbert did have a nose clip on the SKA record dive. Are there any rules about that? Did the traditional sponge divers have some kind of nose clip?

Very True Fondueset!

I think the regulations allow a noseclip, but no suit nor mask.
Have they already find out that people with more body fat have an advantage?

It would be a very cool discipline, where a diver with two helpers form a team, going for the greatest depth. The faster the top men can pull the deeper the diver can go. And without suits and masks it looks very good on TV!

Though the Olympic games location could be a difficulty!

Score!! They'd have to build 200 meter deep pools we could take over after the olympics!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT