• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The DeeperBlue.net Gun Building Extravaganza - The Build

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Bob?... You cant give it a dudes name! It should be something like Xena princess warrior or Venus, or Marge!rofl

I quite like Bob! Perhaps we can start a new poll just to name the gun?

I'm naming MY GUN George! No poll needed to name MY gun! Jeez!

How about Sir Wince-a lot :martial:martial
Got to be a good name for a Speargun
And Chris my uncles pet dog is called George so I’m buggered if you’re calling MY speargun George.

Podge, I'm naming my gun in honor of Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck. Now go sit next to Pastor and watch them build my gun!

(The point of interest is at the 2 minute mark)
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnrLK78ZFLE]YouTube - abominable rabbit- bugs bunny[/ame]

In fact I did start a thread at one time asking about naming guns, I also posted the same thread on Medfish.
I don't think there was much response on db but quite a few Medfish dudes were prepared to revel the name of their gun!
Personally I would never reveal the names of my guns to anyone superficial!!
If you guys read science fantasy you will understand the significance of that statement?

I never have named my guns. So far I've only had production guns though, maybe a custom that I really like I would name??

I was looking around at custom guns over the weekend. I like the way sea-sniper did one of their muzzles, with the holes drilled down through and a cord tied off

I like what Hamilton did with their guns too.

Something with a combo of these two designs would be awesome.

Last edited:
Unfortunately THE GITS have gone AWOL. We are trying to get the project back on track but we are dependent on THE GITS at the moment.

I'll post more when I know more.

That stinks. It was going so great! I'm sure he will surface soon

I quite like Bob! Perhaps we can start a new poll just to name the gun?

That's not bad as an idea. This would be the final poll cause THE GITS almost back and working on the gun (this is the news, ho ho ho!!!). We should name it before it's complete
My presently owned guns are named Pino (Mares Medisten), Pippo (Comanche 60) Rastaman (Gabbiano 77), Choofy (Viper 75), Scuppetta (Monoscoca 100), Negus (Gabbiano Snake 120). The 106 I sold was named Alberto.
If I win the GITS's gun I wish it could be called Stevie Wonder, but I'll accept the response of the poll in any case....

If I win the GITS's gun I wish it could be called Stevie Wonder, but I'll accept the response of the poll in any case....

Or how about Stevie Nicks as she a bit better looking then ANY of the other Stevie’s that I know…

Reactions: spaghetti
Well the reason behind Stevie Wonder is...ehm, is that it's still a "blind" project that can't be seen so far...:t
and it's gonna be a wonder

Reactions: podge
Well the reason behind Stevie Wonder is...ehm, is that it's still a "blind" project that can't be seen so far...:t
and it's gonna be a wonder

And the my reasoning is that Stevie Nicks is mighty fine looking just like my new speargun will be and she’s got a powerful voice just like my new speargun will have a bit of power.
Uuummm Stevie won’t be long now baby and you’ll be all mine.:inlove:inlove

Have you seen Stevie Wonder's house? Neither has he. bah dumb dumb. Sorry, old joke, I saw the shot....

Name it Bruce
Supposedly the mechanical shark from Jaws was named Bruce after Speilbergs Lawyer. The shark in Finding Nemo...Bruce.

And there goes Podge claiming my gun again....

I think "Fox" would be cool? I have never named a gun in my life!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…