• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The DeeperBlue.net Gun Building Extravaganza - The Build

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
If i won the gun i would call it 'The Shaft' because it would spend its life being poked around inside lots of dark holes and would be repeatedly fired off at the slightest smell or glimpse of anything fishy.

"young dumb and full of ......."

Cheers Ian

Last edited:
Reactions: podge
If i won the gun i would call it 'The Shaft' because it would spend its life being poked around inside lots of dark holes and would be repeatedly fired off at the slightest smell or glimpse of anything fishy.

"young dumb and full of ......."

Cheers Ian

roflroflroflrofl

Trying to keep the thread fresh here....Podge and Pastor want to see my gun finished!

Name it Fred (Flintstone), gun so good, even a caveman could use it!

I have been given some fresh hope that the gun build will be back in action soon but no hard dates - so fingers crossed.

Looking forward to reading some more myself, I take it the Gits has been busy with other commitments for a while? Fingers crossed that it wont be long now :friday

Reactions: podge
Looking forward to reading some more myself, I take it the Gits has been busy with other commitments for a while? Fingers crossed that it wont be long now :friday

In Gits we trust :)

I wonder what the Gits would think of this muzzle, with wings to stabilize muzzle-whip...what was the Gits's word about muzzles then?
foto19.jpg

I have had some news from the Gits, he has said that we will need to make some decisions on the finale gun shape very soon!
I think Gits needs to know how we want the barrel (or stock) to look ie - elliptical, round, wings etc?
We need to get this info to him as quickly as possible as he will have a window in which to work on our gun in the next few weeks.
I realise this is not an easy decision but we need to decide on something so any input would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pastor
I think elliptical's good for the barrel. I'm not sure about wings. I've never had a gun that had them. Do they make a lot of difference?

Do you need wings on a single band gun? I still think that sharks tail profile is the one to have.
Can we migrate this discussion over to the correct thread so we don't clutter the Gits thread more than we have already :)

I'd like it to be ellyptical, with tiny muzzle wings.
If I'm not mistaken we're talking of a single band 90cm euro bandgun, right?
Well if so a single band 90 is mainly a gun for agguato, the peek-a-boo hunting to fish suddenly appearing from behind a boulder, or briefly side spotted as they're leaping into a bush of weed.
This is why I think we should not make a "bulky" gun: it's a single band 90, not the gun you customarily use for long powerful shots. The gun for me has to be very manouverable, very fast tracking, and an ellyptical shape will cut the water better than any other shape.
As for wings, on a relatively slim gun the tiny muzzle wings will help to prevent muzzle whip from recoil, especially if the user decides to "pepper" the gun with stronger bands.
Just my input: I think it makes sense.

Reactions: foxfish
Also, weighting the gun. It will have to be weighted for primarily fresh water, since that what I do most :D

*Walks in room*

*Turns on the light*

HELLO...HELLo...HELlo...HEllo...Hello...hello....

*Turn off the light*

*Walks out of the room*

:D :D :D

Well I think it is just thee and me Chris. I've been feeling a bit guilty about trying to designing MY gun. Shame some of the deeperblue hunting mentors and team leaders don't get involved to try and pick things up a bit.

Well I think it is just thee and me Chris. I've been feeling a bit guilty about trying to designing MY gun. Shame some of the deeperblue hunting mentors and team leaders don't get involved to try and pick things up a bit.

hey.. Ive been dropping in now and then... just havnt had anything to say.

Who are the hunting mentors? :confused:

Reactions: Pastor
Just read the thread (well most of it). Nice project, I wonder if he needs someone
to test it in some nice tropical Canadian waters?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT