• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The DeeperBlue.net Gun Building Extravaganza - The Build

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I was wondering the very same thing too. What will MY new gun look like? What will it's muzzle look like also?

Staff/judges (whatever) If it's being made in Europe then think of the difference in the carbon footprint between sending it to rainy Illinois and the sunny Welsh Riviera rofl

One up on the pair of you as I’ll pay the postage when I WIN MY NEW GUN.:):):)

Looking beautiful! Sorry I've been away! - Had to adapt to newer (MUCH BETTER!!!) job! I'm working human hours, and not spending 20+ hours a week in traffic! Now, all I need is a new speargun...;)

Maybe the winner will be announced at DEMA??? The gun could be displayed for all to see. Then it would not have to be shipped as far to get it to me! Why are people trying to claim my gun??

Hey guys, we will be in action again very shortly, people have had summer commitments & summer holidays etc.
However things are still happening behind the scenes so just watch this space?

Indeed - i've spoken to the GITS and things will be hotting up once again in the next few days!

OK we have a basic barrel fitted with a top quality trigger, spear & track, the top of the barrel has been shaped but we need to decide on the finale shape.
This is obviously causing us some problems as although there are several suggestions on this thread no one is jumping up & down with excitement because we have discovered a new amazing revolutionary design! However as that is unlikely to happen anyway, we do need a decision, so can we as a group, suggest some shapes for a poll to take place?
To be honest I find this quite difficult as my guns seem to develop as I go along, not built to an exacting plan but shaped by inspiration that can only be found when I have a piece of wood in my hand!
I would be disappointed if the finished gun did not balance perfectly in the water & on that basis & from my own experience, I would not suggest a very light (thin) muzzle.

...I would not suggest a very light (thin) muzzle.
Why? I've been using a speargun with a 25mm diameter barrel all season and love it. [BTW Foxfish, Did you hear about the Horse Whisperer author with mushroom poisoning on the news today?]

I think my family name "Fallu" is extinct in the islands (but quite alive in Canada and Australia) - still, if you meet any Fallus, they would be undoubtedly relatives.

Hi sorry for a late reply to this. There is a local surname here " Falla" which it's possible could have been corrupted at some stage in moving across the pond! I've done some family history research, and if you have the names of any Guernsey ancestors, and approx. dates of birth, I could look into it for you. ( p.s. nice project!:))

Cheers

Seeing Foxfish's birthday reminded me of gun building which reminded me of our gun project here. What's going on with it? Any new progress??

The project got me excited about building a gun. I have never won a raffle or "draw of the hat" type contest in my entire life so Ive accepted the fact that I probably wont win this one. Thats not to say I cant have a fancy custom gun of my own!

Already got the stock laminated, it has set for a month, straightened it, squared it and ordered my trigger and handle from Josh over at Neptonics systems.

Pretty excited about getting it finished.

Its going to be a 90 too but a rail gun, not enclosed track.

Still would like to see the progress of this build though... any word?

Your gun sounds like it will be a good one, lets see some pics?
The gun build will restart sometime soon but the builder has an overload of other work at the moment!

Nothing has been determined yet. The idea was to follow the gun build, then they would choose the lucky person that gets to hug it and hold it and pet it and squeeze it and name it George! (ref. to old cartoon)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT