• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The Deeperblue.net Gun Building Extravaganza

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Which gun would you like to see built

• Total voters

Pastor

Supporter
Supporter
Mar 17, 2004
There has been much talk on the forums recently on the subject of gun manufacture along with some superb examples of work by members. So, it has been suggested that we run a gun building extravaganza here on deeperblue.net. There is more!! we want you, the forum members of deeperblue.net, to help us along the way. We will be asking for ideas and general input for what may well end up being you own custom speargun.

This is the format of the exercise:
  1. The objective is to build a wooden or wood based gun to show piece standards.
  2. The type of gun to be built will be chosen in the poll above.
  3. Other features such as the materials, handle position, trigger type etc. etc can be discussed in this thread. From the information received suitable materials will be chosen and purchased (obviously some choices may be restricted by availability).
  4. A new thread will then be opened and will feature the step by step cataloguing of the guns manufacture. Simple enough but here's the good bit: You the members will be able to contribute ideas and make decisions regarding the guns finer details and design. Again this will be within the bounds of sensibility and practicality but remember the aim is to build a gun like no other. An ambitious goal but the result will depend on you.
  5. Finally you will be given the chance to win this gun in a Deeperblue.net competition after it's completion. So the more you contribute the more like your dream gun this will be.

Last edited:
Reactions: spaghetti
I voted Euro, and if it was up to me I'd say it should be a <100> centimeters. The type of gun that whoever will win it, will use it, in every part of the world. I mean, what could an englishman or a Michigan diver do with a Tuna gun besides hanging it on a wall for display? I'm sure you all get what my point means...then of course anyone is free to make his own vote.

Reactions: Pastor

me too man, although i felt a roller gun was in order, try something new..lets see how this goes (the suspense is killing me)..spot on Boys..

i voted for a euro gun too like spaggethi said you can use it every where

Well a Tuna gun might be the start of a new passion in spearing for someone. A good reason for a dedicated trip to Milesville!

Reactions: glowworm
What a fantastic idea.Can't wait to see this in progress.

Euro is in the lead at the mo A 90cm would be nice as 100 seems like overkill for UK murky waters

A nice 80cm gun with a spearo motif on the side and "This is belongs to FlyFlicker" written on the top!!!

Euro is in the lead at the mo A 90cm would be nice as 100 seems like overkill for UK murky waters
I agree with Scott - forum members know 90cm is the magic length. Although 80/82 is a cool size too - & 70 of course. Pastor - what about mid-handle???

Last edited:
I was the one lucky enough to announce this, the idea came from Mr Foxfish so any credit due then please send it his way :friday

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…