• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The hardest fish to spear in the GULF

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Amphibious said:
I would say Sobaity, for sure. very very simmilar to the MedSea Dentex.

very spooky, very tough. sure are delicious though!

sobaity.gif

barracuda in the gulf are EASY. all you need is a flasher and good aim ;)

Yes Amphibious I am working on my flasher now .... CD's cut like fish shape..
Will post some pics when its ready...
So I think I should be ready this week to stone some fishe fishe:inlove

thanks for the advice.

sanadw said:
Yes Amphibious I am working on my flasher now .... CD's cut like fish shape..
Will post some pics when its ready...
So I think I should be ready this week to stone some fishe fishe:inlove

thanks for the advice.

aaaa man the kings are going to leave my tinfoil for your fancy cd fish :p rofl

u gonna attach them with clip swivles ?

the salt water eats the CD's so don;t spend to much effort on them!

if you have a friend in Canada, get him to pick up some Stainless Steel Dodgers (Salmon Flashers) for you. these work AWESOME. especially for Talang Queenfish, Canad and Trevally. lots of them sold around here, (salmon fishing country) I used 5 in series suspended from my float. every 10mins I would swim back slowly to my float and usually find something looking at them :D

Attachments

• flasher.jpg
    flasher.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 194
Amphibious said:
the salt water eats the CD's so don;t spend to much effort on them!

if you have a friend in Canada, get him to pick up some Stainless Steel Dodgers (Salmon Flashers) for you. these work AWESOME. especially for Talang Queenfish, Canad and Trevally. lots of them sold around here, (salmon fishing country) I used 5 in series suspended from my float. every 10mins I would swim back slowly to my float and usually find something looking at them :D

they look real good i dont blame da fish for coming up to them :D

bit of a pain in the ass to ship them from canada we have baits that look like them over here i might tryem .... have you ever tryed tieing a bag of chum ??? ... i know what ur thinking " might attract more than kingfish " :D

My favorite areas for Canad and big pelagics had a very healthy population of tiger sharks (Jurayd & Jana Islands) so no, I never used chum :D

these dodgers are 5-6" long and work great. I would suspend them 10-15" below my float. Talangs esspecially would seem to be hipnotised by them, often becoming totally oblivious to my presence when i snuck up for a shot. ocasionally they would get "hit" by something and the gun would be ripped from my hand, always exciting :D

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT