• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

The new DB is coming...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
My messages folder keeps coming up with people insulting me and saying derogatory comments about Manchester in the threads.

Is this normal?

;-P
:D Yes, that's normal;)

I like the way the page-number strip at the bottom of the page works now, it's easier to see which page number you are on.

Bug

BUG: Just encountered a problem on two threads. Both involved the normal controls & buttons not being displayed at the top and bottom of particular posts:

1. The first, I had already re-edited a post (to include an image of the impulse 2 snorkel) but I was prevented from re-editing it by lack of edit-button! Other buttons were also missing. (I paged back a couple of pages and edited that way instead - replacing a v. large image with a much smaller one). The post was:
http://forums.deeperblue.com/general-freediving/93074-do-you-use-snorkel.html#post866196
But the controls are back, now that it has the smaller image.

2. The second involves post #4 on this thread:
http://forums.deeperblue.com/general-freediving/93047-straighten-warped-oil-canning-fiber-fins.html
I can't give it rep, nor can I access its post-specific URL reference.
(Same in Foxfish9 & IE9).

Last edited:
Okdokey - i've taken a look and:

1. Can you give me the thread/post in question
2. I can't replicate - rep can be given (remember you can only give so much rep before needing some in return) and not sure what you mean by post-specific URL reference :)

Now the new DB is here i think it's time to fix the bug that doesn't allow iPhone users (ie me) to give rep to anyone

Simos - are you using tapatalk or the mobile theme directly on the iPhone safari browser?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okdokey - i've taken a look and:

1. Can you give me the thread/post in question
2. I can't replicate - rep can be given (remember you can only give so much rep before needing some in return) and not sure what you mean by post-specific URL reference :)

1. All of the information is in my first post, inc. URL links. Try the link in point number 2.

2. No that's not it. "Post-specific URL reference" = "permalink"'s URL

For some reason "new DB" isn't Apple friendly anymore. I can't see the pictures I upload, just see question marks.

And where did the recent posts go? I don't know what's going on forum anymore, don't mean to whine but I really liked previous site better.

Maybe it's just me but also other websites like ebay, Yahoo are making things worse by "improving" things that work and people like

Nostres,

For some reason "new DB" isn't Apple friendly anymore. I can't see the pictures I upload, just see question marks.
Are you using the Tapatalk app or are you looking at it via the iphone safari browser?
And where did the recent posts go? I don't know what's going on forum anymore, don't mean to whine but I really liked previous site better.
The New Posts functionality is still there - it's in the header where User CP, Blogs, FAQ, Community, Calendar, New Posts, Search, Quick Links and Logout is.

On the mobile template the functionality is there at the top of the screen to.

Maybe it's just me but also other websites like ebay, Yahoo are making things worse by "improving" things that work and people like
There has been no functionality changes in this design - in fact apart from the header, footer and background as well as some minor spacing/padding the central design of the forums hasn't changed at all

Stephan the times on DB look odd, I have London set as time zone but it seems to show GMT+4 for me

Simos,

Bizare - I've checked and the server is set to GMT. Your profile is set to GMT as well. It is showing correctly everywhere apart from on the profile/login details.

Looks like a bug to me - will log it with the vendor.

Simos,

Bizare - I've checked and the server is set to GMT. Your profile is set to GMT as well. It is showing correctly everywhere apart from on the profile/login details.

Looks like a bug to me - will log it with the vendor.

Have you got a separate DB server? If yes, check the time on that too Stephan.

Simos - already done that - the server runs both the forums and the rest of the sites. It is set to GMT as is all the software running on it.

Very weird

Nostres,

Are you using the Tapatalk app or are you looking at it via the iphone safari browser?

Not mobile, I meant in Safari on my Mac. I checked other two computers and pictures don't show. I don't know if they were uploaded

Nostres,

I've checked that thread on a PC and iPhone - it appears fine in both. If you are using a iPhone/iPad can you take a screenshot (hold down the power button) and either post it here or email it to me (stephan.whelan@deeperblue.com).

Cheers!

The forums have finally moved over to the new design. Please use this thread to report any issues.

The only error I get is when going from an email link directly to the topic or post I am logged out and need to log back in again. Im not using any Firefox/Chrome addons etc just the usual, save password method.

Then once I log in it logs me straight out again.

The only way I can actually read the forums is by logging in on the main page and then navigating through all the sub boards to the topic and then to the post. Even if I click on a link on the main forum board straight to a topic. im logged out again.

Im on latest version of Chrome and same happens with Firefox 4.

Has nothing to do with cookies I don't think.

Thanks

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT