• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

the Sultan of Smooth is back and breathing

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
My compañera has made it clear that I should stay away from anyone's daughter. She does let me look though...:blackeye

Reactions: spaghetti
So now Ted's MY fault???? Can I help it if he always B0s right next to me? Besides, he's the best crew I've ever found.

Connor

Hmm, suit slip, eh. You mean I don't have to smell like a french cat house anymore? This I got to try.

Connor

But Connor, don't change so fast! It makes those long car journeys up North through Tampa so much more pleasant.

I'm sure Sven will soon offer a (slightly more expensive) version that returns the scent with vigour.

Just got your order Conner, muchos! Happy to hook you up. Not going to go the fragrance route, that's one of the principal benefits to using it.

I sold a couple cases last week on a trip off So Cal and the boat of 26 clowns was fragrance free. It's NOT a disinfectant, but I've found, as have others that it helps to keep the French cat piss scent down over time by keeping the rubber nutured and less absorbant.

I took an old Picasso 9 mil Commercial that had all the flex of a piece of cardboard and sprayed it with the SuitSlip and washed it out a couple times day for three days as in a dive trip and the damn thing came back! It's not new by any means but the thing actually had some of the stretch Yamamoto is known for and the softness was back. I might have to keep the thing now.

Last edited:
My pleasure Sven; looks like useful chemistry.

Last year I discovered that the cheap stuff started to eat my skin after 4 or 5 days of continuous wetsuit diving(not something I do very much of, a t shirt and suntan lotion are more my style). Still have scars. Fondueset had some fancy, "green" (as in expensive), la de da stuff that was much better an didn't even smell so bad, but I can't find it down here in reactionary Florida. Suit slip it is. My Elios is 4 years old. I wonder if it will have any affect on it?

Connor

I can pretty much promise it'll help the old rubber and as it's a non petroleum based liquid, it's good on the skin. I was on the boat for 5 days straight, a two and a three day trip and heard no gripes about zits, pimples or rashes. And this was with a crew of clowns that loved their French roast and their garlic. I did not get laid.

That green slime of Fondue's is some silicone based shmeg that is big in the triathalone sector and it's all well and good, but it's not the best thing to have against the rubber as it acts to dry it out a bit as the silcates work back and forth. It's a sandpaper if you have a lined suit. You'd be better just going straight aloe vera from Costco and any similarity is deliberate. Comprende?

Last edited:
That Bandito thing looks interesting, although a bit expensive to have one on each of my guns. I've been using those nylon Sling Socks, but they are so limp that they are hard to get on and off when wet, and they get torn up fairly fast. I do have old wet suit sleeves on a couple of guns, but they aren't as pretty.

You would have had lots of company aboard the Peace a couple weeks ago. "$20.00??" There were those that had everything from nothing to a bag with a grommet from Mako covering their muzzles. You tell me, what's your rig worth?

By the time everyone left two and five days later, 30 Bandido's were aboard their guns including the crew who claimed that they finally had reason to leave the guns out during the trip. The clients all had multiple guns and most bought a Bandido for the gun that was out for use; the 2nd and third backups were in the cases along the rail. We threw some guns over during development and with the exception of the 3 biggest Tuna guns I have, when rigged, they all floated long enough to realize they'd fallen and could be recovered. A nylon sack ain't gonna get that done.

As to the cost, well you know what your guns are worth Bill and what they'd cost to replace and repair. I was using old cut up and f*^ked up sleeves and legs since day one, but you start looking at Wong hybrids at seven bills and Sea Snipers, Merlo's and Alexander's at well over two grand and then you look at the rails of the pangas and the gun racks and barrels on the cattle boats, it's a easy expense to justify. Kind of like any other doodad that a boat owned has to justify. It could be worse, you could like $1200 purses.

The racks on your sled are nice for keeping the guns separated and thereby ding free, the Bandido's would be a benefit to keeping your bands from aging and the muzzles from rattling.

Last edited:
As to the cost, well you know what your guns are worth Bill and what they'd cost to replace and repair. I was using old cut up and f*^ked up sleeves and legs since day one, but you start looking at Wong hybrids at seven bills and Sea Snipers, Merlo's and Alexander's at well over two grand and then you look at the rails of the pangas and the gun racks and barrels on the cattle boats, it's a easy expense to justify. Kind of like any other doodad that a boat owned has to justify. It could be worse, you could like $1200 purses.

OK, but my guns are not on the rails of the pangas or in the gun racks or barrels of the cattle boats, so all that they do for me is

The racks on your sled are nice for keeping the guns separated and thereby ding free, the Bandido's would be a benefit to keeping your bands from aging and the muzzles from rattling.

Just explaining the rationale Bill; not all reasons apply to every diver, but as with your admission of band aging and rattles, some have felt those reason's enough.

Last edited:
Hmm, protective covers for your gun. . . . Never would have thought of that. Maybe that's why my gun looks like something that got left out in the yard for a year and the dog chewed on. I think it had varnish on it, once upon a time. Still shoots good though.

Given how pretty most guys seem to keep their guns, there should be a good market.

Connor

Well, I'm hoping so, Conner. The uphill battle is to replace what guys have been using or thinking for years- nothing or some ratted out wetsuit sleeve such as the one in the photo. You start tossing out a couple grand for your tools and you start to look at how you take care of them and then there's the bling factor.

I just sent out your SuitSlip, thanks for the order; and if there's anyone that thinks that having a no BS, no scent additive to help you get into your suit for a day of fun in the water is too much or schlock....well, the other photo will tell you.

Attachments

• Baja May 09 026a.jpg
    Baja May 09 026a.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 109
  • Baja May 09 021.jpg
    Baja May 09 021.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 103
Thanks Sven, I'll try it on the 12th. Several other guys will get a chance as well. Does the stuff attact fish too? If so, send me a case!

The "bling" factor. For sure, its really there!

Connor

Welcome back, Sven! I've been wondering what you were up to. Glad to see you on the boards again :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT