• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

To all the Seatech Gabbiano users out there

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

jimy286

OWSI
Oct 12, 2006
Sooo...

I am sure some of you have seen that I am having trouble finding 20mm rubbers that will fit my threads.:head

Well bugger I have been thinking of trying it a wile and it seams to work. Plus cheaper and I can fine tune the power a bit more.Instead of using the plastic screw in that slots in the muzle head i just slotted the rubber in!

Am feeling a bit iffy about it till I try it IN the water and have not fire it out of water after seeing this feller:rofl
http://forums.deeperblue.com/hunting-safety/82111-how-load-spear-gun-vid-funny-stuff.html

I am also going to use a Wire wish bone.

Whatcha reckon Gents?????????:confused:

(see pics)
Thanks

Attachments

• DSC02944.jpg
    DSC02944.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 191
  • DSC02942.jpg
    DSC02942.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 165
  • DSC02938.jpg
    DSC02938.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 170
  • DSC02937.jpg
    DSC02937.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 175
  • DSC02936.jpg
    DSC02936.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 167
How did you slot it through? Is the muzzle built to take threaded and/or bulk rubber? I dont own a Gab but I am thinking of getting one and was wondering whether or not it is possible to do what you have just done. Maybe you could post a close up of where the band interfaces with the muzzle.
Cheers m8,
Laz

first
i have also the same gun

290109b.jpg

if you wish to use a cirular rubber
u can buy tje snake muzzle that fits
I guess it will be shorter in 7 CN
if not
u can still use a bulk rubber by puting
special inserts on the regular muzzle

regular muzzle , you have the same muzzle ready to 20 mm rubbers!
if you want to buy
testina%20portagomme%20per%20trb%20gabbiano.jpg

this is the inserts to put on the regular head
mod_test_univ.jpg

attachment.php

U can use regular rubber no need to buy screwed ones
it works good

if you need more power U can replace the rubber unit
with a Katyusha head 4 rubbers

13343-Immagine%20006.jpg

i think what you did is not safe
this head is thin this hole is easy to the rubber to go out

Attachments

• bulkrontrb.JPG
    bulkrontrb.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 338
Last edited:
Mundial

I am curios. Why is not save, the omer cobra and master America uses the same type of hole.

Mundial

I am curios. Why is not save, the omer cobra and master America uses the same type of hole.

because in those wooden guns the hole is in 4-5 CM of teac wood
this is in a 6 MM plastic oxide ( good )
a very thin muzzle
if it doesn't break it can slowly damage the rubber band
in short time

if there is ant kind off risk why not to avoid it :naughty

BTW i gave 3 examples how he can do it safe

:)

Reactions: strangelove
Very good point, if it breaks the piece would go flying back !
Thanks for explaining !

Mundial is right, absolutely 100% right.

Jimy you have my solidarity for the trouble you've had with finding the proper screw in rubbers, but I'm afraid your system is not going to work.
The trb muzzle is not designed to work without the bit you took away. The gun will result absolutely unbalanced and very probably inaccurate as you took away half the mass of the muzzle.
I understand you did it for necessity and you found a creative solution. But that way the gun will loose too much in terms of balance and accuracy.
All you have to do is buy this bit of kit (band holder with 16mm thread) Testina portagomme d.16mm : Tutto Pesca Mare and you have my word of honor that any rubber with 16mm threads will fit in it perfectly (Seatec bands, Omer bands, H.Dessault and many more, except Cressi).
In facts my suspect is that your gun has the old band holder with 20mm threads, and this might be where all your trouble came from.
Friendly,
Spag

Last edited:
Thanks all of you for your help. All very good points.

Im 99% sure that spag is right that I have the old band holder that is no longer made.

I did realize that What i did would not be as good as the proper way but better then nothing. Also like mundial said the bands might brake and i was nerves about the idea of putting it up to my face!!! ooooch haha

I had tried contacting Seatec directly but know answer(also wrote in english.)
Now tho that spag sent that link to it im sorted. THANKS A 1000 TIME OVER!!!!

Also noticed that my muzzel is slightly different to mundial's????

Thank you again guys

Spag

tutto pesca mare, I don't think they mail to U.S. At least I never got an answer when I've asked.

So spag I sent them an email and no answer???? bbbuga

Also Mundial i was thinking what you said bout the screw in inserts for the bulk rubber. Wouldnt that not unbalence the gun also as they look quite heavy???

Mundial: great post, have some rep

Strange: I have bought from tuttopesamare and can only say great things. Their shipping is very expensive outside Europe though. Their product range is great.

I am about to purcahse a gabbiano 90cm. Open muzzle. The one thing that I am not sure about is the screw in type rubbers. My last gun had one continuous rubber. Thanks to mundails post, I now see that with 'The Snake' muzzle this is possible. If I set it up like this what length rubber would I need? I intend to use 16mm rubbers.
Any advice would be very helpful

what gun
what length
what head ?
if it is a GABBIANO with a snake head it depends
i wait for your answers

hi there,
I really want a 90cm. Can't decide between snake or TRB. I have read far more about the TRB than the snake and can't really find a bad word said about it however, I like circular rubbers so prefer the look of the muzzle on the snake. Is the only difference between the two guns the muzzle?
Thanks for your help!!

go for the snake
its circular ready muzzle
better shaft ( sjarkfined )
nice shaped body
2 rubbers
reel 50 m included

the TRB is nice one but the snake is better
i own TRB 90 & snake carbon 110

Mundial....Seeing as you clearly know your subject and already own both guns, I have taken your advice and ordered the Gabbiano Snake 90cm Carbon.

Many thanks for giving me a push in the right direction! I am sure it will be worth it!

As soon as it arrives i will let you know what I think of it but now I need to go and make a bed next to my letterbox and wait!

Thanks for your help!

Reactions: Mr. X
good choise mate
better then You can imagene
so good luck mate:friday

i had 2 days a go a dive
the wind was 20 Knots
the sea was windy spay all over but clear
i have manage to take out some fish
with that current using a 110 snake

120409a.jpg

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT