• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Training for a 5 minute breath hold

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

matthias10000

Nov 9, 2015
Hi everyone! I´m training for a dry 5 minute breath hold because I currently
don´t have acces to a training partner. I´m training with c02 tabels (where I lie down as comfortably as possible), ´apnea` walks and a pranayama technique (alternate nostril breathing or Nadi Shodana). Has anyone an idea how I can improve my current training program and/or achieve my goal of 5 minutes faster?
Help would be appreciated.

I´m going to start here with my training log.
7/01/2017: First day
- 1 apnea walk (waiting 45 seconds then walking) until the ´black door`+ co2 tabel: 6*1 min 20 sec (breath hold) + rest of 20,25,30,35,40 seconds after each breath hold.

I´m going to start here with my training log.
7/01/2017: First day
- 1 apnea walk (waiting 45 seconds then walking) until the ´black door`+ co2 tabel: 6*1 min 20 sec (breath hold) + rest of 20,25,30,35,40 seconds after each breath hold.
+ 10 min 30 seconds of cycling

Check out my thread "beginner thoughts of moving apnea"

Eventually I found the best
Improvements that I could apply to my dives actually came from experience diving in the water.

Tables are cool for mental barriers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

/QUOTE="bboynaki, post: 963993, member: 42815"]Finally, another training log!! Not vouching for this, but perhaps you can use some /training ideas from here: http://freediveuk.com/how-to-hold-your-breath-for-5-minutes-in-1month-freediving-training/[/QUOTE]

Thank you for replying and encouraging me
My program of today (09/01/17) was a co2 tabel = 6 breath holds of 1 min 20 sec and decreasing rest pauses in between (40-35-30-25-20 seconds). As of cardio, I cycled , 5,28 kilometers in 10 minutes and 30 seconds

I´m truly sorry to stop my quest to a 5-minute breathold. I also want to be able to close a Captains of Crush gripper (no 2) and the freediving techniques were taking too much of my time so that I couldn´t focus properly on these two goals at the same time. For anyone who wants to follow my journey to closing the COC 2, here is the link: http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?/topic/46902-warriorofhappiness-closing-the-coc-2/

I promise that after I close the captains of crush no 2, I will be back to document my freediving journey.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT