• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

training prob

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

clogz

Aug 30, 2001
I feel like I'm just running around and around with this. Recrational dives are fine. But I want to do more. My PB static is 5'05", and I did that months ago. Nowadays it's hard to get even 4', some days even 3'. I'm not so intrested competiting itself, but maybe some competitive training methods would help to find real limits and push them further?

What kind of training I should do to get away from this boring feeling, back to experience new distances and deeps?

Breathing, breath-up?
IHT?
Aerobic exercises?

Bwah, can't find even all those words. All tips welcome, thanks in advance..

juha

Yes, but try this...

Only trying to beat you old record each time you are training doesn't work out on the long run. You get that bored feeling and you can't push as far anymore, therefore train diffrent types of breatholding in of out the pool

Try static with empty lungs for example (Should have a buddy with you in the pool! :duh)
Or find some waterproof game you can do at the bottom of the pool.

You can do a lot if you think about it...

Klaas

Juha, try taking a few weeks off. This is similar to other sports where you are always pushing yourself...your body and more importantly your mind needs a break. When I get sick of lifting or swimming, I stop for a few weeks, then when I go back to them, I feel excited and rejuvenated. You may find that you come back to set a PB in static or dynamic. Force yourself to not hold your breath for a few weeks....you may be really excited to do a good attempt by then.
Cheers,
Erik Y.

I just kept 3 week holiday from apnea things and now getting back to business.. just unsure what kind of training I should prefer to get (better) results (again).. :confused:

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT