• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Trigons Spearguns

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

strangelove

Mar 13, 2005
Hi does any one know what is the web page for the trigon spearguns, I think that is the name.

Now one of their guns would make a nice birthday present!
I have always wanted to try out their 6mm shark fin spear too.

Now one of their guns would make a nice birthday present!
I have always wanted to try out their 6mm shark fin spear too.

Indeed !

I am tempted, since the euro is a little cheaper, these guns do not get a lot of publicity, but they look nicer then the C4 (IMO)

I really hope you do buy one - its one of those difficult sites though - a real pain to get the info you want!
I would like an enclosed track gun that matched a 6 - 6.5 spear but I am not sure if they make that configuration? The reel would not be much use to me but I think I would like that model just because it looks so cooool.

Have you ever heard any feed back about this gun ? I wonder if it floats without a shaft

Indeed !

I am tempted, since the euro is a little cheaper, these guns do not get a lot of publicity, but they look nicer then the C4 (IMO)

This means our friendship is broken? rofl

I can't comment on Trygons: I have never used or seen one in real life.
About looking nicer than C4, the "liking" is a personal thing (to me, Trygons look bulky and graceless) but I'm enjoying my Monoscocca as exceptional, and the Mr.Carbon is even better, as a hunting tool.
From picture observation, for what it's worth, my idea is that Trygons and C4 are two different category of guns: C4's are the classic euro concept, quick to aim, easy to swing, but not designed for the maximum power, while trygons look to me as more based on powerful, yet bulkier, multiband guns. They make me think more to south african railguns, or even more to hawaiian rear handle guns such as the Aimrite.
My impression is that Trygons (from pictures) are a beefed up, but not necessarily better, version of C4 (indeed, the concept of carbon monocoque guns made whole in one single texture of carbon fiber, is an original innovation from C4: I won'tuse the word "copy", but all the others came after C4 with carbon monocoque guns).

DISCLAIMER: I am an Italian and "maybe" I'm biased by my national pride. :)

I think the really clever thing about Trygons is the enclosed track - I cant imagine how difficult that must be to produce?

Last edited:
This means our friendship is broken? rofl

Ok I have not made my mind yet, I also agree they look bulkier then the C4, but I just can't stand the C4 muzzle. Why do you have to be so creative with a simple think like a muzzle (make a hole, add the lifter like the hammer Head and you are done !). I can say the same about the omer muzzles, what happen to one the first things I've learn about free diving and spearfishing (actually from the late Bruno Hermani), gear has to be simple.

I've got interested when noticing the price, around 300 euros that is not that high for such an exclusived gun, the C4 are more expensive.

Ok I have not made my mind yet, I also agree they look bulkier then the C4, but I just can't stand the C4 muzzle. Why do you have to be so creative with a simple think like a muzzle (make a hole, add the lifter like the hammer Head and you are done !). I can say the same about the omer muzzles, what happen to one the first things I've learn about free diving and spearfishing (actually from the late Bruno Hermani), gear has to be simple.

I've got interested when noticing the price, around 300 euros that is not that high for such an exclusived gun, the C4 are more expensive.

Well I agree the C4 open muzzle is quite...mental. But my C4 gun has a closed muzzle with 4 holes: the hole in the center for the shaft, the smaller lower hole is for the reel line, the two holes in the sides have threads to screw the bands in. It looks quite simple, and not much different than any other closed muzzle except for it's made of titanium and not plastic.
My closed muzzle is like the one on the left in this picture. The muzzle in the right has the thingies to tie bluk rubber.
cyloadimage.aspx

anyway, back on the Trygons topic....you can buy your Trygons here:
http://www.diveshop.gr/shop/prodtype.asp?strParents=215,2&CAT_ID=103&numRecordPosition=1

Last edited:
Thanks again

I've omitted that on my previus post, but I happen to be in love with circular bands and the C4 muzzle you are married to slit bands.

Any case, I often get fire up to get these exotic guns, then I look out my window and see two feet of snow, why am I doin't that while still living in Alaska !

But I have being think about the C4 for while, maybe I will wait for the Urukay.

Thanks again

I've omitted that on my previus post, but I happen to be in love with circular bands and the C4 muzzle you are married to slit bands.

Any case, I often get fire up to get these exotic guns, then I look out my window and see two feet of snow, why am I doin't that while still living in Alaska !

At any latitude, it's exactly when it's so cold outside that we get caught in the brain trap of fancy new gear. When the weather gets better, the brain trap becomes about catching fish, while the shopping frenzy falls (nearly) forgotten. :)

Urukay. What I don't understand is why C4 made its "blue water" gun in such short sizes: the 120, 105 and 90. I understand the 120, but I doubt that such a big 3 bands cannon is being any successful in the short 90 centimeters version.
The coming soon C4 Joker, oh yes, that's gonna be worth to bet some cash on: telescopic barrel and circular bands for you, Raf. Anticipations say it will be cheaper than the Urukay and more expensive than the Mr. carbon. But there are only 3 protoypes around so far....
Now, back on the Trygons topic: I hate to say this cause I'm very territorial about Deeperblue Vs. Other forums, but the Medfish guys are surely more competent about Greek gear such as Trygons.

Last edited:
Reactions: strangelove
At any latitude, it's exactly when it's so cold outside that we get caught in the brain trap of fancy new gear. When the weather gets better, the brain trap becomes about catching fish, while the shopping frenzy falls (nearly) forgotten. :)

That is my problem, I have this weather 9 month of the year !

I am also puzzled about the short gun sizes, omer is going on the same direction, one would think that with that nice HF barrel, a 130 gun would be perfect, I am not sure what market are they targeting.

I am glad you remind me about bulky guns, I have my closet full of them (thanks to long winters and short summers). These days I think like Ali "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee" light guns.

I think the C4 guys can resolve both of my problems, just hire me to help them design their guns, that will take of the long winters and also sure to come up the my perfect gun, rofl

Last edited:
Reactions: spaghetti
How about Bleu spearguns? I think they make exotic custom carbon guns?
I seem to remember the guys from the "other site" really raving about their quantity?
Spaghetti do you know anything about Bleu?

well i can say
the 2 companies from Greece are a work of art
the Bleu & Trygons are high level developed guns by spearos
2 of my friens use Bleutec raptor & oceanborn
very impresive guns!

GreekShow013m.jpg

3-bleua.jpg

oceanborn

4-bleua.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics Mundial.
Now tell me you think Mr "who" is the best?
I am pretty sure some of those guns have enclosed tracks too.

How about Bleu spearguns? I think they make exotic custom carbon guns?
I seem to remember the guys from the "other site" really raving about their quantity?
Spaghetti do you know anything about Bleu?

ok in all respect they look like very well built guns, but by now Bleutec didn't penetrate the italian market: Medfish is the only place in virtual or real world where I've seen anybody talking about Bleutec spearguns (carbon monococque as Trygons: based on the original C4 concept and beefed up hawaiian style :t).

Last edited:
I cant even google up a web site! but to me they look like sex wrapped in camo carbon :inlove

Reactions: Mr. X
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT