• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Trigons Spearguns

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
friends

about bleu
2 brothers Vasilis & Bill Zonomesis made a great steps to bring Greece
on the map of spearfhishing & freediving
(i can recall other diver in the past that help to tie an Italian anchor :)
Yorgos Haggi Stathi )

those guns & fins they make are coming after long time
experiments in the water
as a mater of fact blue fin tuna spearfishing in Greece is
very advanced ( 2 amazing movies they have )
the market in Israel is small but
this year we have 2 new types of guns here
first to come was the Bleutec
then the C4 arrived after 3-4 month
i can say here that the Bleu are popular among the advanced spearos
it will take time to C4 to enter the market as they came later
both guns are fine art but are very different one from another
C4 is a big known name But today Blue is also
i don't know if Blue sell in Italy but in all EU they are well known

final words & suggestion
if you have to pay a lot of money for a gun
please take it by the hands ,look them well with your eyes
this is better then we all talk about it ( maybe )

mundial, do you know how much these Bleu guns cost or even better if they have a web site?

I have been searching the net for more info on the bleu tec guns, seems that the owner is very helpful, speaks English & will custom build most gun formats.
IE open track enclosed track, camo, carbon etc, in fact although the tyrgons have a reverse trigger & very forward set bands the bleu guns have a superior finish (or so I have read)
One guy said the build quality of the bleu guns was truly outstanding. (my 50th is coming up fast)

picture from Israel
of some one how have Oceanborn carbon mimetic

235.jpg

Trygons DFR shot on a bluefin tuna

http://www.trygons.com/pics/spearfishing/dmftuna.mpg

enjoy

Reactions: Mr. X
Fox

You seems to be hot on enclosed tracks, I once had the same impression about them, but as more a read about , this impression kind of fade away. I currently have two guns with enclosed track (wood guns), based on what I read them don't increase the accuracy, yet they are more trouble to load (I know this by fact), because you have to thread the shaft through the slot. On wood guns I like them because the delrin is slipery then wood, it gives me the impression of a faster shot.

May be you can change my mind about them.

For something bulky like the trygons or the bleu, I would only consider buying a gun longer the 120, no sense on spending that much money on a smaller gun.

Mundial thanks again for all the great info about these exotic guns ! Nice grouper altough not the ideal gun for that type of fish.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. X
I view the enclosed track from a different perspective - I would like to use a 6mm - 6.3mm spear with twin 16mm rubbers.
I think this match might work very well for shooting smallish fish at long range?
Anyhow I have just built such a gun, just waiting for spring now!

:cool:Those Greek guns look v. cool. Maybe something to fit between an SA railgun and big American/Tommy Botha woodie?!
...and....? :)

(and now that it's spring?)
:DMy thought exactly. Although the season hasn't really taken off for me yet. I've had series of weird injuries & ailments delaying the start of the season -- and the weather has been better than normal:(. A missing filling (& dentist unavailable for more than a month - we need more dentists), tonsilitus/lost voice, inflamed sinuses/cold/swine flu?/allergy (nose running heavily for 10days). Had a mountain bike fall this morning - landed heavily on the same knee I injured sack racing last week:crutch, which had just healed up after being very bady bruised (think 18" x 4") from "sporting activity" (returning to a sport after a 31 year lay off is probably not such a good idea!).

Why a 6mm spear Foxfish? There was some discussion on this on a thread several years ago now, which Rob Allen contributed to. I don't recall the details. But isn't there going to be an issue of speed vs. momentum? I.e. a slim spear will accelerate faster and achieve a higher final velocity for a given input power (band configuration) which should deliver more energy to fish (1/2mv^2) - not sure about momentum (mv) though. You'd think penetration would be better (slimmer point) but wouldn't the spear flex on impact, esp. with bone? My XXVs have 6.3mm spear - I can't imagine wanting to go any slimmer than that, they seem good but extreme (I like the XXV spears but Spaghetti doesn't rate them, so I'll need to have a chat with him when they need replacing -- but spears last forever don't they?!).

Last edited:
... but I just can't stand the C4 muzzle. Why do you have to be so creative with a simple think like a muzzle (make a hole, add the lifter like the hammer Head and you are done !). I can say the same about the omer muzzles, what happen to one the first things I've learn about free diving and spearfishing (actually from the late Bruno Hermani), gear has to be simple.

I've got interested when noticing the price, around 300 euros that is not that high for such an exclusived gun, the C4 are more expensive.
I agree, there is much to be said for simplicity - "less is more". But that's only one way of looking at things. I like the small, low profile, multi-option muzzle that the Omer XXV offers - seems like several of us are using this as a test platform to try the different band/muzzle options to find which suits us best. Actually, for bulk rubber, the traditional SA closed-muzzles are v. good - they allow one or two bands to be fitted (16-20mm, at least), hold an extra 10cm of rubber over traditional screw-in eurobands and they align the bands with the muzzle - like a eurogun. Hard to fault them. They offer open muzzles now too but you could always cut away the bridge if you felt that desparate for an open muzzle. Some of these new grippy muzzles, like (I think) the new Beuchat Mundials seem to be trying to offer many of the benefits of both open & close muzzles (except the extra rubber of the SA closed muzzles).

I have a Greek colleague:hmm.:D

Why a 6mm spear? - well I just like the idea of a sniper riffle equivalent in speargun design!
High speed small diameter spear traveling a flat trajectory that will completely penetrate the target.
Any fish that has been complete pierced will have less chance to escape whether on not it has been stoned, if the fish only has a line through its body there will be nothing for it to resist as when the spear is partially through the body & therefore not be able to rip a large hole & escape.

Just another gun for the armory is another answer!:)

Yes I have a twin band enclosed track gun with a 6.5mm spear ( would love a 6mm) but I am also building a new boat, a new ferret run, modifications to the fire house & decorating the house before the new carpet goes down + I spend 3 hours a day on db so i have not had the chance to try it out!!!

I can try it out for you and then mail you with a veeeeeeery detailed review of your creation.
And it won't cost you much! :)

Fox

The small will acelerate very fast, however it will not have the reach of a 7 mm shaft, it is all give and take. The thin shaft should also make the gun very easy to move.

At some point in my life I was in love with enclosed tracks, but now i kind of think they are too much trouble for what it is worthed.

I like guns that are fast to reload, the enclosed track slows the process down.

Spaghetti

your comment about the greek guns remind me about my Italian x Greek joke.

...I've had series of weird injuries & ailments delaying the start of the season -- and the weather has been better than normal:(. A missing filling (& dentist unavailable for more than a month - we need more dentists), tonsilitus/lost voice, inflamed sinuses/cold/swine flu?/allergy (nose running heavily for 10days). Had a mountain bike fall this morning - landed heavily on the same knee I injured sack racing last week:crutch, which had just healed up after being very bady bruised (think 18" x 4") from "sporting activity" (returning to a sport after a 31 year lay off is probably not such a good idea!).

Dang X:crutch...I hear more sex will cure all that:inlove

Anyways my experience on a thin shaft is....better to get a heavier shaft...9/32 is the way to go, as for bluewater 5/16-3/8 heavier shaft will lessen recoil, travel as fast (with the correct bands dialed in) and deliver more power/penetration, and woon't get pretzeled as easily.

Enclosed track, think rifle, i've shot both and ET is far better than a rail which is better than nothing....I use to leave my ET bare now I graphite coat them big difference their too...the delrin track serve the same purpose just can't get past that $$$ price tag

Fox

The small will acelerate very fast, however it will not have the reach of a 7 mm shaft, it is all give and take. The thin shaft should also make the gun very easy to move.

At some point in my life I was in love with enclosed tracks, but now i kind of think they are too much trouble for what it is worthed.

I like guns that are fast to reload, the enclosed track slows the process down.

Spaghetti

your comment about the greek guns remind me about my Italian x Greek joke.

How's the joke?

RE shafts: indeed a 6mm shaft will be faster on a short trajectory but will fall earlier and will anytime have a lower impact power than a 7mm. But if you hunt relatively small fish in relatively short visibility as Fox does (and myself), a 6mm shaft is the way to go. Me I don't own any shaft thicker than 6,5mm. I could try 6,75 on my C4........

I'm always surprised when I hear and read so many european spearos (i.e. not you Strangelove) insist on beef up, beef up, beef up: I really don't understand this trend to adopt thicker and thicker shafts, multiple bands (and my God, how thick!) heavier and heavier beef mass guns, my question is: what for? We're still hunting bass, breams, mullets (plus the occasional amberjacks, ok, but not everyday). Why do they feel they NEED a CANNON to shoot a bass? How come that all at sudden everyone NEEDS a tuna gun, even if he (we) have never shot a tuna, and probably never will?
I think this goes beyond the hype and commercial persuasion....
(o dear, what a rant of mine!)

Reactions: dave
I guess that is the way things are going - less & less fish to shoot at & more & more time to talk about longer range guns?

I guess that is the way things are going - less & less fish to shoot at & more & more time to talk about longer range guns?

Nothing bad with that, Fox, and nothing wrong with powerful, big guns when they're needed.
My rant wasn't of course aimed to you. It was aimed to those (in another european forum...) who say that a gun, to be a good gun, must be as clumsy as a timber and as powerful as a cannon....and they laugh and scorn the traditional handy, lightweight euroguns. I wonder what kind of fish they shoot, if ever....

Last edited:
Around our way it is not just the declining fish stocks but the ever deteriorating visibility! something is not right!
Not so long ago my Island was one of the best spearfishing venues in Europe, in fact i think we were baned from entering fish in the British record list because it was deemed an unfair advantage to spearfish in Guernsey...Now I am lucky to get 10 bass a year when only a few years ago I could take as many as I could eat!!
So more time to perfect my guns :head :confused:

Reactions: spaghetti
ok anyway I'm sorry for derailing the thread.
I admit that Trygons and Bleutech look like very well made guns and they must be really good for their category (high mass, powerful, top notch guns).
I'd like to hear some real life experience by Trygons users now.

I can try it out for you and then mail you with a veeeeeeery detailed review of your creation.
And it won't cost you much! :)
rofl Nice, heartfelt rant too. That's what I enjoy reading most Spaghetti! Good points. The super lightweight XXV was a revelation to me - for bass, you really don't need anything more. For American striped bass, AJs & Tuna though...back to the Trygon tuna slayers.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT