• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Triple Depth 2006

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Lambis

You take my breath away!
Sep 16, 2003
Join the 2th Triple Depth competition in Dahab 28th May - 5th June, 2006

The competition will be like in 2005 a combination of CW, FIM and CNF, but this time, we are able to welcome 50 athletes! The program is also extended to 9 days.
As extras this year, you have a Sled Record Week and a Judge Cource held by Bill Strömberg.

For more info visit www.tripledepth.com

By time I will update the webpage with more info.

Lambis

Last edited:
I just try to make a big face lift to my webpage and before i put everything in place i like to ask you guys what you are you thinking??
www.apneaimages.com

Most important think is that i try to be prepare for the next tripledepth competition. The fist one was a sucess but i have never exept that the fotos will be so popular. So, to everyone that need photos please contact me again. If i have fortot some one , i am sorry but att least the photos are still existing :)

Most important is the "Freedivers" section
There i will put in the future every photo that i take from freedivers ..so you just click on your name and see you photos
a easy way to find your personal photos becauce my personal gallery have only some of my favorites. Only two freediver galleries are now activ just for test: Ryuzo Shinomiya & Lotta Ericson

What are you thinking about it?

General photos from tripledepth cometition will be online every day during the competition att www.tripledepth.com

www.tripledepth.com will untill beginning of the next week have a face lift with more info, actuall program , times etc...

Lambis

Last edited:
hi!
triple depth has started, and today we had the static competition.

first of the men was herbert, who surprised us all with a last minutes inscription, and flew here right after the end of nice competition. he did a very clean very easy 7.04, coming up with a smile and a very funky new wetsuit. few other guys were well over six. peter boivie from sweden did a 6.51 with a little samba, it was no problem with the protocol, but he didn't get the swedish record, because sweden doesn't allow sambas anymore.
kike kuravic did around 6.45, and overloaded his wetsuit with shampoo, and there was soapy foam floating about in the pool for all the time he was in! that was a very funny moment.
william winram did another very nice performancewith 6.34 but he came up earlier because he had to run to the toilet!

very unespectedly i was first on the women. i woke up today and decided not to show up, but then i changed my mind and decided to give it a try. i did 5.32 but got a penalty for late start, because during the countdown i didn't hear anything at all after 20.... and suddenly from very far away i hear "TOP!", so i started half a second too late, with very little air in my lungs.
but luckily for me the two natalia's war machines didn't participate in static, and lotta didn't start because she was about to get a packing bo. few other girls were over 5, and the rest between 4 and 5.

i will post some more numbers later when we get the official results.

3rd, 4th and 5th of june we'll have the depth disciplines, starting with free immersion, constant weight, and last day constant no fins.

cheers
linda

Sounds fantastic so far. Great to see Herbert backing up after Nice.

And best of luck to Livvy, go for it mate!

opss....sorry alexx, won't do that again!
and other than spell his name wrong i made a mistake in reporting his static time...it was 6.14 and not 6.45!

and of course i forgot to pick up the official results!

Safe dives and good luck everyone (if you need it).
Today is the FIM day of the Triple depth.
Eager to hear of results.
Anyone bringing up sand from the bottom?

Sebastian

Congratulations Livvy! 50m FI - a new UK record :king The Saltfree / Richmond B Team is rockin'.

hi,
nobody brought up sand from the bottom....but both alex and herbert announced 90 (which is the depth limit for this comp). herbert made it but he did the protocol 3 secs too late, alex had a black out at around 5 mt below the surface. so the deeper performance realized was 80 mt, from natalia molchanova, with a new world record.
first for the men is william winram, who did 74, which is also a new canadian record.
kike announced 78 but turned for equalization problems, andy guldner made 80 but had a small bo on the surface.
2 more small bo, and few disqualifications for other reasons.
several new national records were broken:well, livvy you know already, switzerland with patfish (65), greece, stavros kastrinakis (62), southafrica with hellen garner (42), portugal with rosa del sousa (38), and probably few more which unfortunately i can't remember now.

tomorrow there's going to be some surprise....the girls are going to dive deep!!

cheers

At least some images made by Wolfgang from Dahab :]
Two "official" ones from the Static of Herbert and one of the small cat at the blue hole giving me five before the safetysession.

Robert

Attachments

• IMG_0136.jpg
    IMG_0136.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_0141.jpg
    IMG_0141.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_0125.jpg
    IMG_0125.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 219
Dive Profiles - Dahab

Hello all,

You can now have a good look at the dive profiles from the first day in Dahab.
Free Immersion.. incl a NEW World Record by Natalia Molchanova -80m

www.apneamania.com is where you find it.

have fun
/B

ps. of course you will have all profile from all disciplines when the comp is over. rofl

-80 Free imersion wow congratulations Natalia. and good on ya Will.

Nathan

hi!

thanks robert for the pics.
unfortunately lambis is not here so we don't have an official photographer this year....which is also our webmaster; and that means we haven't been able to upload pics on our official website. that's too bad! but we'll try to do something about that when the comp is over.

today was another long day, and we all survived!
the official results are not out yet, and i was in the water quite late today, so i'm not really sure who made what.
but a lot of athletes turned earlier and came up without the tag.
livvy had a surface bo, and i think that was the only one.
a lot of people had problems equalizing...sticky ears and mouthfills lost have been very common today.
the deepest announcement were:
herbert 90
natalia avseenko 78
kike curavic 76
alex molchanov 75
natalia molchanova 73
linda paganelli (hey, that's me!) 73
stavros kastrinakis 72
lotta ericson 71
andy guldner 71
patrick shnorf 70
william winram 70

patrick had a problem with equalization and turned earlier.
william winram announced 70 and he came up with the tag, but the computer registered only 52mt....somebody made a mistake with the rope marks, so he had to do his dive again after everybody was finished, but then he also had a problem with his ear, and turned at 59.
andy also turned earlier, but i don't know why.
lotta did her 71 mt dive and got a new swedish record.
stavros i hope he forgives me because know i don't remember what he did! he was right before me and i was a bit busy with my things!
i did my 73 mt dive and i got a new italian record!
natalia did her 73 mt dive too, of course!, and she got stuck with her lanyard to a lonely carabiner that was stuck on the rope, on the way down, so that she had to drag the whole thing down and up with her, and the whole process too her 3.58...that was her dive time!!! (later bill will post on apneamania the profiles and you can have a look at hers, it's very interesting!)
alex did a very clean and easy dive to 75.
kike did his 76 mt dive, he came back with the tag, and he had a samba on the surface, and he did the protocol in 16 secs. so he got a red card.
natalie a. had a very bad start, so she gave up the dive. it's a shame because she's a very strong freediver.
herbert did his 90 mt, and in order to be sure to have enough time to do the protocol he took off his goggles and noseclip when he was still underwater! and of course the dive was fine.

so that's it for now. i'm goign to have a peep to the starting list for tomorrow and the official results.

cheers

Reactions: Alexx and Will
Wow, great dives! Congrats Lotta and Linda, great to see women catching up to Natalia :)

Natalias profile is very interesting. She's at the bottom a little over a minute, but the whole dive time is almost 4 minutes. So she spends almost 3/4 of the dive on the ascent! Amazing dive time...

Last edited:
well done Lotta and Linda! that is fantastic!

Livvy - girls beginning with L should be rocking!! no worries - go and have a shesha and you will be cool tomorrow : )

S
x

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT