• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Triple Depth 2006

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Good work everyone - sorry to hear about the few mishaps along the way. Natalya's cw dive has to be one of the most incredible things i've ever heard of in freediving - just shows how much *more* potential she surely has left further to what she's already shown.

Big congratulations i think to Helen Garner :t - first comp, already doing superb nr depths & lots of good wishes and love to all the Dahab crew!

have fun!

fred

Congrats to Livvy for another UK record today - 27m no fins CW!

Any other results from this great competition?

Btw congratulations to all competitiors for realy great results...

Well done Livvy - 2 x NR's in your first depth-discipline competition - I'd say that's not bad going!

Anyone able to let us know the top 3 overall results for Men and Women? Linda??

Still no results? Seems that closing ceremony turned into a partyyyy:friday

hi!

sorry for the delay, but yesterday it's been a very very busy day. and today too...and i have all results on excel and the copy and paste doesn't work very well, so i'm gonna write a short version!

final results for men:

1st willian winram, canada, total points 181 (fim 74, cw 47, cnf 60)
2nd herbert nitsch, austria, total points 160 (fim 0, cw 90, cnf 70)
2nd Patrik Shnorf, Switzerland, total points 160 (fim65, cw 55, cnf40)

final results for women:

1st linda paganelli, italy, total points 168 (fim 60, cw 73, cnf 35)
2nd lotta ericson, sweden, total points 166 (fim 65, cw 71, cnf 30)
3rd natalia molchanova, russia, total points 153 (fim 80, cw 73, cnf 0)

as you can see natalia had 0 points in unassisted, because she had a bo. she announced 60, which was going to be the new world record if successful, but at around 10 mt on the ascent she started losing air and soon after she stopped moving. she was brought up and given oxigen and woke up soon after looking for her fluid goggles, and then she realized there were people around her holding her, and after few seconds she says "aha", as to say "it took a while but now i realize i had a black out!".
at least now we know she's human, and i promise i'll never call her "war machine" anymore.
soon after her alex did his dive to the same depth and it was a successful dive (and very beautiful to watch), so now he must be happy because he's diving deeper than his mum!

herbert did another of his stunts: coming back from a 70 mt unassisted dive, he took off his goggles and noseclip few mt underwater, came up, made a smile like he's coming back from a warm up,(and did the sp in time!).

william did very well too, unfortunately his constant was ruined from his ear, but the next day he could do 60 unassisted, which was another very nice and easy dive. so he ended up first, and he won a carbon monofin from specialfin!

i won a carbon fin too, and i'm quite happy about it! i didn't expect to win, what i wanted was only a nice cw dive, which i had, and i did the other 2 disciplines just because i had good chances to get in the first 3 and get a nice prize! but now i feel very guilty for having been so lazy and not having done a bit more...i feel especially very ashamed for having announced 35 in cnf!!!

a lot of national records were broken also in cnf:

herber nitsch, austria, 70 (respect!)
william winram, canada, 60
alex molchanov, russia, 60
bill stromberg, sweden, 60
leo yasumasa muraoka, 47
stavros kastrinakis, greece, 42
patrick shnorf, switzerland, 40

hellen garner, south africa, 35
liv philip, uk, 27
rosa de sousa, portugal, 21

tomorrow i'll post some pics from the comp, and we'll put all results on the webpage as soon as possible!

i'd like to thank specialfin for having sponsored us with beautiful prizes, and elios, who offered 2 custom made suits for the second winners, and nice training bags for the 3rd.

if anybody know somebody willing to sponsor the next "triple depth" competition with some real money, please let me know!!!!

cheers

linda

Congrats to you Linda and fellow Canuck William!!!!

Awesome results!!!!

Pete

Congrats to everyone! :)
I heard rumours of a visiting 1,5m hammerhead shark.

MANUEL

Excellent results and not least great witty updates, Linda! You gotta combine diving the blue with journalism :)

Serge

hi bill,
thanx for the profiles.
I have a question: why are the profiles in cnf exact in one depht-line? the arm-motions (with the gauge) are different from the real depht.
my cnf-profiles are zigzag alltimes:

Attachments

• cnf.jpg
    cnf.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Hmm..

I don't think I understod your question 100%. But.. the D9 was set to reg every second.
(maybe it's your 3 meter long arms and your swim stile that is the difference)

:t

/B

Bill that question was in my mind too when I saw the first dive profiles of our FIM. My D3 (I was wearing it on the same arm as the official D9) gave a profile with "steps" while the profile you posted doesn't have any :S hmmm... I guess it has something to do with the software or the sampling time (my D3 is also set at 1 sec).
Anyway it was a great competition and the blue hole was really the stuff dreams are made of...I will definately be back there next year...

Cheers ;)
Stavros

(word has it that the pyramid will be outside the Hole for next year so there will not be a depth limit....its going to be fun when we get a shled out there)

All of my no-fins dives with a D3 also have a "zigzag" pattern same as Wolle. If you aren't changing depth but doing an armstroke then there is around a 1.2 to 1.6m difference in the gauge reading between when your arm up and the arm down. A higher sample rate means you would actually see the armstroke even more. So does sound a bit funny if the D9 really does have a true 1 sec sampling rate that you don't see the pattern.

Wal

hi all!

well, thanks everybody for the congrats (and for the karma!).

manuel, there was a 1.5 mt hammerhead during the last day, if i'm correct. i wasn't there because my dive was going to be later, so i didn't see it. apparently it was swimming around at 10 mt, and at some point he came up very shallow and quite close. i never heard of this happening before; a heard a lot of stories of deep scuba divers seeing the hammerheads very deep, but never before htey came so close to the surface. happy he didn't show up when i did my warm up, because i would have run back to shore and canceled my dive!

alexx, kike announced 44 mt, but felt lazy and pulled up all the ascent.

serge, i'm sorry i've been so busy... before i'm taking up journalism i'd better answer your mail!

i'm trying to upload some pics, but the thing keeps saying "upload failed" or something like that. anyone know why that can be? sorry, but i'm totally useless with computers!

cheers
linda

trullalla said:
serge, i'm sorry i've been so busy... before i'm taking up journalism i'd better answer your mail!

i'm trying to upload some pics, but the thing keeps saying "upload failed" or something like that. anyone know why that can be? sorry, but i'm totally useless with computers!

cheers
linda

Well, take your time, still about 1 month before arriving there rofl Lotta answered in the first place but i am still awaiting some final details. - can wait until you all chill out a bit.

And dont worry with the computers, give yourself a well desearved break.

serge

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT