• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Triple Depth 2006

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
trullalla said:
manuel, there was a 1.5 mt hammerhead during the last day, if i'm correct. i wasn't there because my dive was going to be later, so i didn't see it. apparently it was swimming around at 10 mt, and at some point he came up very shallow and quite close. i never heard of this happening before; a heard a lot of stories of deep scuba divers seeing the hammerheads very deep, but never before htey came so close to the surface. happy he didn't show up when i did my warm up, because i would have run back to shore and canceled my dive!
O, but I think you have heard of such an occurrence before Linda, you just wasn't listening. ;) (or maybe freediving does damage memory...)
I saw it (or a different hammerhead) last sept/oct when I was there. About 1.5m long, 10m deep, disapeared after I followed it around the hole and apeared again at 20m~ while I was diving the line later that session. Kept looking at it without it noticing me, it seemed like it was grazing at the wall. My buddy saw me pointing at the wall but when he dove it wasn't there anymore.

Last edited:
I wanted to congratulate Will Winram from "Hawaii" for an outstanding performance in Egypt!

Job well done Wanker!!!!

FYI I believe that his FI and CNF are both "North American Records".

DSV

Well done Will, certainly making some huge jumps from last year. Deron hopefully I will see you and Will in the Okinawa comp, I still need to sort out my plane tickets, leave and bank balance :)

P.S. "Wanker" has a very different meaning in the UK and Australia, I think slacker may be a better term. I'm not going to be the one to explain the other meaning. rofl

Last edited:
ha ha go Will top effort man.
Must be an Hawaiian thing.:friday :friday :friday

Hey Wal,

Slacker is exactly what he is. The sissy only did 60m cw, yeah sure he had to dive twice and he didn't get to eat for 6 hours in between, but come on he should have sucked it up. And about that static 6:30 something WEEEEAAAAAAKKKKKKK! I don't care if he had to crap his suit from 4:00 on, I say cork it!

Anyway Wal, get your finances together because Okinawa is going to be a blast. Sorry you have to bunk with the Wanker, just be forewarned he gets a little gassy after he eats sushi.

rofl

DSV said:
just be forewarned he gets a little gassy after he eats sushi.
Hey I thought it was supposed to be Constant Ballast? rofl

<SMILE!>
Congrats guys!
Its wonderful that another exciting competition has gone down well.
Well done to Lotta, Linda, Peter & all those who made it happen,
& congratulations to all the competitors whose participation make it the event it is!

Looking forward to my next trip over!

Best wishes from a warm Ireland (for a bloody change!)

Graham

p.s. Peter, do you want me to get you a hat?!
;)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT