• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Triple Depth 2010

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

trullalla

Jun 23, 2005
For the 6th time in 6 years Freedive Dahab is organizing

Triple Depth Freediving Challenge
22st to 29th Spetember 2010

For the first time with no depth limit!!!!!

Who will be the best male and female freediver in all 3 depth disciplines in 3 days? Like last year you will be able enroll also as a team and compete for the BEST TEAM title! At least one athlete in each team must be a woman or transvestite (to qualify as transvestite he must wear skirts, dresses and bikinis during the whole comp) The big difference this year is that we will run the comp in SHARM EL SHEIKH! So there will be no depth limit!!!!!
The training, the registration, the final party and the static competition will all be in Dahab as usual. On each competition day we have charted AC busses to take us all down to the dive spot in Sharm el Sheikh and back to Dahab again (ca 45min one way). We have done this already during the Minicomp in May and it worked out very smoothly

The Price for the comp will be ONLY 130€ for the three competition days!!!
For the whole week including training in Blue Hole and the static competition the price will be 205€!!!

Schedule: 22nd Opening and registration
23rd Training in Blue hole in the morning
24th Training in Blue hole in the morning
25th Training in Blue hole in the morning
26th Static comp in the morning 27th FIM comp day in Sharm el Sheikh
28th CWT comp day in Sharm el Sheikh
29th CNF comp day in Sharm el Sheikh and closing dinner party (…until late at Rush as usual…)

TRAINING + STATIC + COMP: 205€
TD COMP DAYS ONLY: 130€

We can arrange the hotel and the airport transfer for you.
Octopus Hotel (Dahab): Single room 19€, Double room 24€.
Airport transfer: two ways 60€, one way 30€ (per car not per person)
We will have more info soon on possibilities of staying in Sharm for the two nights between the competition days.

TO BOOK or for more information CONTACT US ON:
info@freedivedahab.com

we'll post news on our blog: fddnew.blogspot.com
and on facebook on our group page: freedive dahab group

Last edited:
Hi Linda,

May I ask you, what's the reason behind the local change of the competition?

Regards,
Balázs

egyptian bureaucracy got a bit funny this year.

since the blue hole is a "public place" they can make a big fuss about us putting in a big structure like our pyramid.

in sharm we are using the facilities of a hotel, so the access to the sea is private, and therefore nobody seem to have a problem with whatever you put in the water there.

since 1 way to sharm takes 1 hour, while 1 way to blue hole takes half hour, the time you wate on the road doesn't make such a big difference.

but the lack of depth limit does make a big difference, so we will have full world record status:)

Ah for a moment I thought the whole event was in Sharm...

Linda, maybe it's obvious to everyone except me, but which month?

oh, gosh, it wasn't itn the document!!!
it september!
will edit it ASAP! thanks!

Me and a buddy are planning on entering the comp. This is my first comp.

I don't know if this is the best place to ask but I'm not sure about insurance?

When I go on diving holidays I just take out 'normal' holiday insurance that covers diving but with competative events I believe it is different. I probably need some kind of additional insurance that covers competitions.

Does anyone know if BFA membership covers this (I'm not currently a member but I could join)? Or could anyone reccomend a place to get insurance from?

(I live in the UK and have an AIDA 3star)

Thanks,

John.

So in about ten days it is time to perform. Three deep dives in three days in the Red Sea. They speak about 28 degrees in the water. That´s good. But will a skinny person like myself be able to stay warm without a suit right up to the dive. Since I haven´t been training (a summer full of instructing) I will have to pull every trick I have: No mask, no suit and no weights that has to be carried up, I might even go for no warm up, but I doubt it ( I like those red blood cells). No breath-up is definitely not a choice since too many contractions will break my lungs at depth. And since I will ventilate, risk of BO is slightly higher and I can not waste air (O2) on the mask, and I can not waste energy pulling a buoyant suit down and a heavy led up.
I am doing my last minute quick fix training: walking apneas with movements and equalization, and RV breathholds with equalizations against contractions.
Oooh, and then we have the air temperature; Sharm is known for unexpected BO´s. The heat just drains energy and lowers your blood pressure.

By the way Linda, I will need one of those excellent St Pierre blades in order to do a PB CWT, any ones around?

Sebastian

omg, then you are coming for real!
not sure if i'm happy or upset about that.
i guess the chances for the volcano to start drooling again next week are rather small...

however, got some spierre. carbon or the superfunky blue camo blades.
(btw, did you ever think about getting yourself a monofin?)

however, got some spierre. carbon or the superfunky blue camo blades.
(btw, did you ever think about getting yourself a monofin?)
One pair of St Pierre blades please (black carbon), I already have my sporasub footpockets, will they fit?

Monofin?
I have the same opinion as Umberto on those things.
Freediving is done with bifins.

And one could switch to Monofin if one can not get any deeper with bifins. There are still PB´s to be had with bi fins.

Sebastian

sporasub fit very well.
you want hard or soft?
i can keep 1 pair aside for you; when do you arrive?

Same as the ones Christian Ernest bought :)

I arrive saturday, will hang out in Sharm.

Training with Annelie for her WR attempt.
(thanks for signing up as judge Linda)

We meet when we meet.

Its inevitable.

Neither mountain or oceans can keep us a part this time.

I dont need to train with the St Pierre, they are selfexplanatory and just swim by themselves :)

Sebastian

I understand Alexey won last year, and that he is coming again.

mmmh, if he is he'd better let me know!
seems like you know the participants list better than me...why do these people bother tell you and not me!
however, they are just spierre, and not st pierre. no saints involved there. though it would be useful now and again. especially next time they'll have to rescue a black out from 30 meters.

...and just to get things correct, I bought the hard FDD-blades. Great when picking up heavy blackedout divers ;-)

Have a great competition, wish I could be there!

Reactions: dannybuoy
christian, you *******, why are you not coming? why you only go to sebastian's competitions? he doesn't even appreciate your colorful fingernails half as i do!

hey, the forum is hiding the swear words! what's the point of writing anything if you can't even curse?!?!???

Sorry Linda, the work I do allows me to do a lot of freediving, but not this September...

I'm planning on coming over newyears, but then Lotta told me you'll be enjoying the ******* summer in SA.

Last edited by a moderator:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT