• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Triple Depth 2010

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hi all.
REGISTRATION will be on the 22/9 between 13.30 and 17.30 at Freedive Dahab shop!

BRING:
-ORIGINAL medical statement form a doctor (original means original and not a photocopy!)
-Your passport AND a copy of your passport (of course half of you will forget that as usual, which means you'll have to walk back to your hotel and come back again. And no, it's not possible to bring it the following day instead)
-Final payments (same as above!)

You will get all additional information you need for the competition at the registration!

Athletes that are arriving late can register on the 25/9 between 13.30 and17.30 at FDD shop.

There will also be the opportunity for athletes who are staying in Sharm to register at ONLY ONE Apnea Center in Club Sharm Hotel. On the 22/9 and on the 25/9 between 13.30 and 16.00.

If you have any question please contact us on info@freedivedahab.com

I always follow events @ Triple Depth and I am sure this year it will be super exciting. I don't know if Herbert is coming but I do know that Matthew Raspberry:) (Mateusz Malina) is there already.
He just touched the bottom of BlueHole @ 94.3m few days ago and most likely he'll be the first Pole to reach 100m. The only question is - will it happen at this Triple Depth? Sure hope so, best of luck!

Last edited:
As for participation in TD I watched the facebbok inlist
Login | Facebook

And I have seen Annelie around and Jacob and Rune the Okinawa Gold medalists (since we stay together in sharm enjoying the depths here.

Dahab have somewhat lost its Sharms over the years.

Sebastian

"My" competition Nordic Deep is as much Christians´ now a days, since it actually takes quite a lot of people to get these things going.

Dive conditions Sharm Only one apnea center

29 degrees, wind picks up and dies down, some current (negligible) but as moon fullens it will be more of a problem and competition OT will be set accordingly. Visibility : lovely. Color: Blue. Two available platforms. Training dives for 10 euro.

Thomas Grindevold and Annelie Pompe training for NLT and VWT records before and after TD.
Freediving.biz - freediving events | Facebook

Some consider Sharm an ominous place for deep diving and PB´s (Trubridge failed here many times and the first no fins WC was littered with BO´s).
Its all about "heat managements".

One week to Triple Depth. Between 30-40 on the inlist, not too late to catch a ticket for an airplane (if you aint got time for a fast train)

Sebastian

Last edited:
preliminary athlete's list:

1-Vassili Baidala,estonia
2-Johan Hägg, sweden
3-thomas grindevoll, norway
4-chris marshall, new zealand
5-Bertrand rohrbock (what a silly surname), holland
6-sanne viktor, denmark
7-Alon rivkind, israel
8-jakob hansen, denmark
9-gordon savic, serbia
10-Kristian, denmark
11-Rune, denmark
12-Jon Ruiz de Arohahandona, spain
13-julia mouce, ?
14-Yury Shmatko, russia
15-Irina Karina, russia
16-Evgeny Sychev russia
17-Annelie Pompe, sweden
18-mr.kim sung chul, korea
19-Cristina kummel, denmark
20-Trevor hutton, south africa
21-Samo jeranko, slovenia
22-Matt Malina, poland
23-Rune hallum sorensen, denmark
24-Ashod papazian, egypt
25-Alejandro guedez, venezuela
26-George miller, uk
27-Evgeny Dragoshansky, russia
28-kenny, uk
29-Daan verhoeven (these dutch have the silliest names), holland
30-Hanli prinsloo, south africa
31-Sebastian Näslund (oh my god), sweden
32-Nir Fox, israel
33-Yaniv Keinan, israel
34-John, uk

Some training results:

I turned early at 64 CNF, was actually planning to pull myself up but decided it would have been too easy, so I started swimming.
My heart is in FIM so I dont have to train it that much. Feels like cheating everytime I do FIM.
Forgot my swim cap and had to swim hair flowing in CNF, any guess what that "costs"?.

Jacob hansen made 80 look easy, adding 10 meters a day.

Rune H a bit reluctant, his lungs are not ready for depth (= real diving :)
Did A 65 meter VWT-FIM

Annelie touched bottom (110) in her training for WR. More meters Marco, longer lines please.

Marcus Greatwoood showed his face here thinking he can do a NLT of national record level. I doubt it. He is way to old for these kind of depths.

African Hanli is in Dahab

Tomorrow we go to Dahab for some reminiscence.

Sebastian

Last edited:
Took the bumby carbonmonoxide jeep ride blue hole yesterday.
Among the russian scubies and italian vest clad snorklers we found 9 buyos with training freedivers. Feelings of some kind of family reunion of global freediving. many danish, mores israelis than usual, some africans: Hanli, Trevor, Ashod.

Trevor unfortunately had an "accident", on a freefall somewhere between 40 and 70 his eardrum broke fully. "like gunshot from nowhere".

Matt Malina, poland seems to be a candidate for the 1st position. Last year he developed from 30 to 90 in CWT.

Jacob H Denmark might be going for three NR, working on his CNF (which is the weakest link).

Me I am equipped with new carbonbi fins and ready for a PB.

Annelie is training VWT today (preparing for the WR).

A kick ass team has been formed with Samo, Matt and Aurore... the latter is hoping for french CWT NR.

Sebastian

Attachments

• samotrevorhanli.jpg
    samotrevorhanli.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 222
  • daangeorgechristian.jpg
    daangeorgechristian.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
Not bad at all for bi-fins! Hope that they got you back to the surface too, though!

that's thanks to the saint of all freedivers, saint pierre.
however, congratulations!
now it's time to pay for them:)

static today. first officila top in just over 1 hour.

Congrats to all, and to all those new NR holders twice (wow, they are many!), but especially to Matt Malina for his 100m dive! Another freediver in the 100m club!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT