• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Types of contraction

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

marin2004

Apr 12, 2004
When I do my CO2 training tables i notice two types of contraction. The dominant one feels like i want to take a breath with closed epiglottis. This is usual and after lot of hard contractions sometimes my epiglottis opens and a sharp sniff through nose happens. luckily under the water i wear mask or noise clip! :).
Anyways this is a thing i don't want to happen. There is another type of contraction that feels like i wanna blow out everything in my lungs through closed epiglottis and this one is easier for me to withstand. Funny its seems that in a CO2 training sessions these two types exchange in a way that first dominates one then the other and so on.
Is this normal to expect of contractions?

Marin

Reactions: DeepThought
When I first started training, I used to get a lot of weak contractions, about one per second, and this would happen for the last 1:00-1:30 of a static, and also in dynamics, I don't know for how long. Then there was a sudden change - over about two weeks I almost completely lost contractions, and they hardly ever happen at all now. When they do happen, which is only when I am very tired or cold, they are very different from before. I only get a few, with long gaps in between, but they are very forceful.

Maybe whatever it is that does contractions simply got fed up of being ignored and gave up its job. ;)

Lucia

when i get the type of contractions where i feel like breathig in, its when i dont have a full breath, usually frc. the other type of contractions where i feel like breathing out are always on a full breath

I also feel different when I don't have a full breath. If I do a full exhale, the impulse to breathe is sudden and uncontrollable. Normally it starts slowly and I can control it, and it is not a specific urge to breathe in.

empty lung contraction are so much fun but so too are full lung contractions. each is different.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT