• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Undersee Spearguns Australia

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

mojarra frita

Oct 9, 2002
Hello everyone,

I thought this would be an effective way to get a word or two out and around about these guys.

I recently decided to buy the bazooka II speargun, it looks nice and seems to have the features I look for, price, reliability etc..
what I did not count on was the unreliability, crappy service and lack of professionality of the manufacturer.

My web order seemed to be OK, credit card security and all, so I thought it would be a done deal I would go to Mexico with my new gun. Nothing furthest from the truth, Upon receiving confirmation order number, few days later I get an e mail saying they did not accept my card brand, even though it was listed on the pricing website. I had to give them other card on an e mail to activate the order "asap". So I did. days went on, nothing, I started to worry what about my gun, again I sent another e mail, nothing. I figured they did not get my info so I reorder the gun with my other credit card, this time around the service went from bad to worst, no e mail confirmation, no response and no acknowledgement, I tried for two weeks, no response from them. At that point I figured they were tired of me and tried another message from work, not surprisingly, I got zero response.

I must say they are, by far, the worst guys I ever had to deal with, they may make good guns I have no doubt about it, but they are not worth your business people.

I told my story to the guys in my club, and I know for fact that nobody in So Cal is thinking about ordering these guns anymore, thank God we have Riffe, maybe they should send over an intern or two to learn how to run a company.

Good luck if you have to deal with undersee !!!

:naughty

hi

Yeah mate Undersea is the 2nd poorest speargun company around, seahornet is the worst :D

They are generally what all beginners use over here, so if your into the wood thing get a Riffe, but if you want the best Hit Rob allen up in South Africa.

cheers

Unfortunately Undersee don't have a very good reputation and their guns lack the style of the Riffe and the design quality of the RA's...

Sorry you had such a bad experience with an Australian company.

In terms of customer service I cant recommend RobAllen highly enough!

hi

Hey Shadow but Sea hornets are the poorest right :D

cheers

Hi Mojarra,

I am sure that Rob Allan will help you with all of his passion as he did to me;). I never wait too long when looking for his response:cool:

Carbon RA really looks beautiful:p :p :waterwork

Hi Ya All
I have had Undersee Spearguns for years and found them to be one of the most reliablie guns I have ever had :) . I have even had a lot of dealings with purchasing on line and never had a problem. Iread some where ethey make face masks, not in the last 30 years that I know of so the guy that had a problem with the mask was fill of crap as it can't of been an Undersee Mask

See Ya
Keenasmate :)

Keenas,
Good to see one Ausie thaat is not bagging Ausie products.

I have underea mechs in 2 of my guns the other 2 guns I own are sea hornets.
I have not had anyproblems other than when spearline is too tight on line release it sometimes prevented gun from firing -easy fix loosen spear line -just made it a bit longer now 100% reliable .
The design used by Underea is basically the same as riffe and some others Riffe does have a more solid housing and may use better materials for the trigger and sear. I am not sure about that last bit. Undersea mechs have been used in many home made guns here in Australia with a lot of happy owners.
My biggest gun is a 1300 with the ability to fit 3 rubbers I have done it once or twice but usually only fit 2 it works well. I know a few other guys with old undersea guns that are still working well.
Regards
Peter

i Have a 1400 undersee its 15/20yrs old was my dads gun now mine and i have a sea hornet much prefer undersee over seahornet.my undersee is a really good gun shoots very well i havent had aproblem with it at all its got a single 20mm black rubber with a 54inch 7 or 8mm shaft
seahornet dont leave enough shaft over hang wich makes it very difficult to aim/ shoot instinctivly

Reactions: Don Paul
Hi Guys,

I have just bought an Undersee Barracuda Comp in 70... I will let you know what I think about it...

But as far as I know they seems to be pretty good:
+ 2 x 16mm latex booster loops
+ 7mm spring stainless spear with 8cm flopper
+ It is made out of timber
- The guy did not had any reef in stock and was not sure it existed! .
I have bough in a shop... not through their website...

Keenas,
Good to see one Ausie thaat is not bagging Ausie products.

I have underea mechs in 2 of my guns the other 2 guns I own are sea hornets.
I have not had anyproblems other than when spearline is too tight on line release it sometimes prevented gun from firing -easy fix loosen spear line -just made it a bit longer now 100% reliable .
The design used by Underea is basically the same as riffe and some others Riffe does have a more solid housing and may use better materials for the trigger and sear. I am not sure about that last bit. Undersea mechs have been used in many home made guns here in Australia with a lot of happy owners.
My biggest gun is a 1300 with the ability to fit 3 rubbers I have done it once or twice but usually only fit 2 it works well. I know a few other guys with old undersea guns that are still working well.
Regards
Peter

I cloned a under sea mech for my personal guns in 1981 with 17/4 housing
and sear and 3/16'' 17/4 sear pin. Still going strong after thousands of shots. The mech has lived on into many others current designs.
http://forums.deeperblue.com/homemade-spearguns/86555-1984-wood-gun-reseal.html#post808479
Cheers to Undersee ... you were one of the first and the best for a long time.:friday:friday
Don Paul

I've used Undersee guns on-and-off for about forty years, and always swore by the mechanisms. I recently decided to retire my old gun, and purchased the Barracuda open muzzle model from Undersee via eBay. What a mistake! This was the worst Aussie-made Chinese junk on the market, that didn't last three hours in the water. Agree with mojarra: the desk jockey who sells them is an ignorant dropkick who charged an arm and leg to ship it. Ditto, they are not worth your business.....

Here's another example of the fine customer service you can expect from the spoilt children at Undersee Australia:

"Good were All Happy, you don't have a spear gun because you are a tosser and tossed it as you say in the rubbish and didn't let me help and I have $. Sweeeeeet"

This is Undersee's response to me declining the opportunity to return their Chinese speargun for a refund. - 1) I would have had to pay to return their faulty, poor-quality junk product; and 2) I couldn't because it was long since chucked in the trash skip. The tool calls me a tosser, and gloats because I only have the memory of a useless, made-in-China speargun, and he still has my money. That's customer service for ya!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT