• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Username misunderstanding. Sorry

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
rofl rofl nice one

Rest assured, I will never ask him to be my Mommie rofl

And btw, drink in Dubai is like sand in the desert. Tons of it. And you'd be surprised to see how many local people, in traditional dress, you will find drinking openly in bars here.

nah ill just smuggle some biltong through customs and ill have sara jumping through hoops

nah ill just smuggle some biltong through customs and ill have sara jumping through hoops

mate
sorry to let you down but Spinney's supermarket make excellent boerewors, biltong and droewors... rofl

You gonna need to use your imagination a little to make me go through hoops. Any advice, ask OldSarge, he knows me well rofl

man why cant women just be easy to please .... I gave old sarge a call why does he want my credit card details?

Reactions: island_sands
What I would say is that Jim's concerns over this matter have shown him to be a top dude and worthy of a bit of rep from everybody :)

I'm not sure that being in the Navy is consistent with being a top dude. :)

Last edited:
I'm not sure that being in the Navy is consitent with being a top dude. :)

I wasn't going to post another post untill I received a new Username but when the Mariines start flapping there pie holes I have to step up to bat.:head After all they wouldn't get anywhere in this world unless we take em there.rofl

Just a quick clarification untill I'm back up an running. No one had pm me with complaints etc... about my user name. The folks running this forum had seen a potential problem with the name and graciously informed me of the dual use of the word wog. I was not made aware of any requests from users to have my Username changed. I had asked them to have my Username changed. I wouldn't have chosen a dual use derogatory name from my own country so why would I want one from somewhere else. I thought the name was clever untill this came about.

The spearo formly known as "wog"

I wasn't going to post another post untill I received a new Username but when the Mariines start flapping there pie holes I have to step up to bat.:head After all they wouldn't get anywhere in this world unless we take em there.rofl

Yeah but to be fair Bill had more sense than to travel in boats with you lot rofl but for a rocket jockey he don't half spend a lot of time in the water rofl

But I never really wanted to go anywhere that the Navy took me anyway. Every time, I decided I would rather have stayed home.

Last edited:
Yeah but to be fair Bill had more sense than to travel in boats with you lot rofl but for a rocket jockey he don't half spend a lot of time in the water rofl
Not so quick there, :naughtyI seem to remember hearing about some pit stops on one of my old stomping grounds U.S.S. Kitty Hawk. Bill might have been doing some unfortinate diving had we not been there to catch him.:ko

Hi All

Received my new Username(James Jay) today, (Thanks Bill McIntyre for the overt idea.)and thanks everyone for all the help with the Freediving/Spearfishing on these forums. Good Bye Poly"wog":rcard:)

Hi All

Received my new Username(James Jay) today, (Thanks Bill McIntyre for the overt idea.)and thanks everyone for all the help with the Freediving/Spearfishing on these forums. Good Bye Poly"wog":rcard:)

and good morning James :)

Hi All

Wow, maybe we can start a trend!

I make myself obnoxious on several boards by suggesting that people either use a real name as a user name, or include the real name in a sig line.

Of course I have made little progress, but its good to see one convert to the cause.

I feel that I am much more part of a community when people don't hide behind a cloak of anonymity.

But on a more practical level, its pure hell when a group of people finally meet each other at a gathering, and everyone has to say "I'm Joe Doaks, but my user name is snake eel." Its hard enough for me to connect one name to a face, let alone two.

Admittedly, this is not going to be as much of a problem with this international group. But just recently I attended the weigh-in of a spearfishing competition hosted by a Southern California club, and many divers who post in the California forum of Spearboard were there. We had to go through this song and dance with two names when introducing ourselves to each other.

Of course I just had to say "I'm Bill McIntyre."

OK, end of sermon. I just had to get it off my chest.

I make myself obnoxious on several boards by suggesting that people either use a real name as a user name, or include the real name in a sig line.
But on a more practical level, its pure hell when a group of people finally meet each other at a gathering, and everyone has to say "I'm Joe Doaks, but my user name is snake eel." Its hard enough for me to connect one name to a face, let alone two.
:) I know exactly what You mean. For me it's not as bad as I am also called Sanso in real life (by some at least) and my last name (Wonka) is pretty catchy. :p

But then some people will say that posting one's real name is a privacy issue and others will say it's old school and 'what do You have to hide?' - well, I'm in between somewhere.

Yours truly,

Richard Sanso Wonka

Hey Sanso - I just made the connection.....

Richard - Dick - Willy....

You're Willy Wonka!!!

Can I have some chocolate please? :D

You're Willy Wonka!!!
rofl
Shhh! Don't tell just everyone! :D I'll see if I can find some. ...

rummages

Hey! There's a BIG bar right here! Too bad You're not around to have some - ah, well.. someone's got to do get rid of it I guess, might as well be me. :p

Of course I have made little progress, but its good to see one convert to the cause.

Thanks Bill, Which way to Your Holy Grail.:)

Sanso wrote:
But then some people will say that posting one's real name is a privacy issue and others will say it's old school and 'what do You have to hide?' - well, I'm in between somewhere.
Hey Sanso: Your hiding chocolate and we all know it, no in between about it bro. I'm going to check in that old school for it.:t

Golliwogs were a popular & much loved toy and children's character when I was young. Collecting the various versions (with musical instruments, etc.)from Roberstons jam & marmalade was popular, as you could exchange them for metal & enamel golly badges (probably quite valuable now). Things have moved on.

Just looked up Golliwog in the OED & it says, perhaps, derived from Golly + Polliwog (polliwog is an obscure name for tadpoles, which I have come across at least once before). The American Dictionary.com claims a more specific origin for Golliwog:

[Origin: 1890–95; after the name of a doll in an illustrated series of children's books by Bertha Upton (d. 1912), U.S. writer, and Florence Upton (d. 1922), illustrator]​
Wonka might get you in as much trouble here though!;)

Welcome to our world James!:D (Should have gone with the unabbreviated polywog/polliwog;))

I feel that I am much more part of a community when people don't hide behind a cloak of anonymity.
I think it is best to use real names where possible, but the reason I don't use my real name is because I don't want everyone to be able to find out what I am doing via Google searches.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT