• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Vertical Blue 2009

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Great video, matching music too! Was it specially composed for it?

Love, Courage and Water,

Kars

Now that 88 becomes visual it is truly fascinating.
I just kept thinking "my god, how hard and long he must have trained for this".
Being able to stroke himself up all those meters.

Sebastian

BTW with these new World Records by William's and Herbert the 3:4 ratio between Constant No Fins (88m) and Constant Weight (120m) is close to perfectly mathematical.

Kars

Last edited:
Wow, just wow. What a great dive, and what a great video! I'm training for my very first CNF and it's truly inspiring to see what the pros can do. I'm just paranoid about not being able to make it back to the surface - but my desire to breathe will be a reasonably good motivator, I'm sure =0)

Thanks for sharing. Love the music too - what is it?

Hi Jenny Wren,

Inspiring isn't it, those great movies?

Well you're right in CNF is indeed more challenging in the return to surface.

I remember doing my first 25m CNF, around 15m I started dropping like a stone to 25m, which was nice, but than when I turned and made 1 stroke, the line in front of my face stayed in place.... Oh shit! I thought, I really need to swim hard and take care of my technique! After a few strokes I got a little speed, and at 12m where I was neutral, I got a nice rhythm and confidence it's going to be ok.

So train to have a good sufficient and pretty fast stroke, don't wear too much suit and weight, and have small increments in your progress. In CNF panic is very bad because an efficient technique is so important! So focus on that even though you may feel like "oh shit!".

BTW, I would love to hear of Will's CNF anecdotes! How did he start and progress, what feelings did he experience?

There are some more VB video's:

and

Great stuff!

Keep'm coming people!

Kars

Last edited by a moderator:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT