• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Vlanikgun

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Pressure is 49.74 atm when the sperargun is loaded with the spear, right? What do you think, what energy of the spear is sufficient to neil the fish, 6J...10J?

I wanted to test it but newer did a test. But this is an interesting estimation, 3 kg fish - 3 J, 10 kg -10 J...? Might work if the fish were not hit in a head or in the spine but in a flesh.

• Haha
Reactions: Zahar
Correctly. It's about defeat. To hit a person weighing 80 kg, the energy of a bullet is 80 joules.

• Haha
That is similar to cooking meat in oven, how many kg of meat the same number of ours.
I think that way of estimation of necessary number of J is not the best in case of spearfishing. What is missing here is the speed of the spear. I believe the speed should be at least 7-8 m/s. Only energy is not enough.

Last edited:
Well, why guess ... Do it and check it ... You wondered in the "Sandbox" for 10 years ... 187 pages were written "How to make Pistonless guns ... And where are these guns? They didn't do anything ...

• Haha
Well, why guess ... Do it and check it ... You wondered in the "Sandbox" for 10 years ... 187 pages were written "How to make Pistonless guns ... And where are these guns? They didn't do anything ...
To be more clear, for 1 kg fish, 1 J would mean 0.5 kg spear having speed 2 m/s. That speed is so low that any live fish would avoid the spear.

• Haha
в-100.png

I repeat for the especially gifted

• Haha
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT