• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Waterways rock!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Yeah, Peter from Waterway Canada is awesome. He was super helpfull and very easy to work with. Wish more people were as friendly as he is.

Brad

Reactions: BatRay
I just put together waterway 2 blades with Omer pockets. Fin is nice and soft but with lots of propulsion. I am working on getting deeper and deeper and I noticed that my Beuchat Mundials felt pretty stiff past 120'. The new waterways allow me to do as little work as possible with better efficiency. I am 5'7", 140 lbs and just the slightest firm kick with the fiber blades makes me turn sideways so I can kick even less hard now and still ascend. The Omer pockets are quite rigid over the instep and this helps also. Originally I was going to purchase the Waterway open heel, but Peter said it would take over a month from Russia. I am glad I went with this combo instead.
Jim

Good to hear it works for you. So you have cracked over 100 feet with the #2? How did it feel? It seems like I can overpower my #2 blades. Maybe I need to slow down my kick with these guys. Time will tell but gald to hear that they are working for you.

Brad

I have had them down to 120' so far. When I ascend I like to kick slowly at first because the turn at the bottom should be very relaxed to conserve energy. Its easy to overpower them if you kick hard, but since I am not hunting, I am not concerned with speed, only efficiency. Hoping to take them much deeper.

Jim

Excuse me for my grammar JimGlynn ,I want to ask you some points. Are you talking about waterway bifins with omer footpockets? I want to know because I have omer milleneum competition,and want to change the blades with waterway bifin blades. Is the waterways blades angle reverse or so differs from the mill.comp. angle.I'm glad to hear you it works for you.Which type of stiffness did you prefer,and is it really heavy(4-5kg!!)

Thank you for your answer Jim.Have you faced any problem with the weight of the blades,because I think they are heavier than the Omeronesand whyyou choose the number 2 stiffness?
Didyougain or improve your performance if so how much%??
Greetings from the Aegean Sea..

I chose the number twos because I am only 5'7", 140 lbs and do not like a really stiff fin when deep. Since I am so light, it does not take much thrust to get me moving. When I ascend I like to kick slowly at first because the turn at the bottom should be very relaxed to conserve energy. Its easy to overpower them if you kick hard, but since I am not hunting, I am not concerned with speed, only efficiency. As far as weight, I have felt no difference. As far as performance gain, it is hard to say because right now my obstacle is eq. with the mouthfill, not fatigue of the legs. How much do you weigh and how tall are you?
Jim

I'm 42 years old,180,and 80 kg.I'm spearfishing and I can dive to 25mt.What number of stiffness I must use,thanksfor the advices..
Aydýn

You should contact Peter at waterway, he is very helpful. My guess is a number three, but I do not spear fish and am not sure whether you want a stif, medium, or soft fin.
Jim

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT