• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

WC in Egypt - Poll men's team

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Who will win the men’s Team competition in Egypt 2006?

• Australia

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Austria

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canada

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • Croatia

• Czech Republic

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • Denmark

Votes: 24 36.9%
  • Finland

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • France

• Germany

• Greece

• Hungary

• Japan

• Mexico

• New Zealand

• Russia

• Slovenija

• Sweden

• United Kingdom

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • USA

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Venezuela

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Billextreme

Grand Marshal
Dec 19, 2001
Hi All,

Very soon it's time for the AIDA World Team Championship in Egypt.

I would be interesting to have the Deeper Blue opinion when it comes to which team is the favorite when it comes to the gold medal for the men’s competition. So let’s have o poll. You will have a good idea of past results if you look at the TOP TEN LIST at the AIDA website, www.aida-international.org –under news that is.

Who will win the men’s Team competition in Egypt 2006?
:confused:

Last edited:
Team Australia - WOOHOO!!!!! We only need one athlete :D

I reckon it will be incredibly hard to beat the Danes at the moment - they're the All Blacks of Freediving (Rugby Union reference for those not in the know). If Stig, Henning and Peter P are in the team then it'll be a formidable team - all their disciplines are solid.

Cheers,
Ben

dude,
Why is Egypt not included in your poll:martial

There is only room for 20 countrieas in this poll, and Egypt don't know if they have a team yet. Hopefully they find three athletes that is availible at the time.

/B

Bill: there was an interesting discussion about the safety divers availability in Egipt for the WC: [ame="http://forums.deeperblue.net/showthread.php?t=67206"]http://forums.deeperblue.net/showthread.php?t=67206[/ame] , including the fact that apparently the organizers expect the safety divers not only to be volunteers but also to cover their flight and other expenses. I was expecting you to show up on that thread and educate us a little bit on the issue but maybe you can do it here. What can or guarantees regarding safety divers do the organizers have to give AIDA in order for their venue to be approved for the WC?

There will be safety freediver’s. If the organizer can find more and better freediver’s it would be better for all. All back-up safety-freediver’s is very welcome.

Just some points about safety and Constant:

The main safety is coming from the competition freediver’s themselves, it's a fundamental "rule" to make sure your ready to make the dive you have announced.
(or simply announce a depth that you know for sure you can make without problem)

Safety freediver’s will be there all the time and meet the competitor between 15 and 20 meters. Then we have the lanyard and the counter balance system that will bring up a freediver extremely quickly if needed. As backup we will have safety scubas along the competition line with lift bags that they can attach to the freediver or to the competition line below and send up to the surface directly. There is also the full-manual system with scubas taking the freediver to the surface by them self.

Looks like New Zealand won't be able to send teams this time around sadly. Cost of flights etc being the main prohibitive factor. Next time...

Hmm...
..how is the voting going? It would be nice to see some reasons to why peaple are voting like they are doing. The danes seem to bee favourites this far, followed by the brits. What do the brits have that makes them second favourites? (This far...)

Peter P is not competing. Otherwise I would bet the Danes would win.

From what I know, my vote goes to Greece. Nothing to do with the fact that I am Greek, honest. But we have a team of 4 people, all of them doing more than 60m (one doing more than 80m) in CWT, almost all of them doing more than 6min (one doing more than 7min) in STA and good solid dynamics (one doing more than 150m). And most of all, they train together and think as a team.

Bill, does the fact that Greece is writen in italics in the poll mean something? Or is my browser playing games with me?

Last edited:
So what is the Danish team?
Timo Jattu? (91m CW)
Henning Larsen? (207m DYN)
Stig Severinsen? (7'30"+ STA, 209m DYN)

My vote goes to Denmark, if Timo, Henning, Stig are the team.

My second favourite team was New Zealand, but I read the sad news, that's why second will be Finland (with Timo).

Third the Czech Republic (with Martin).

But anything can happen,if anybody fail his attempt!

Balázs:)

Well, Greece is not bad. But they will only compete about the bronze medal.
(if everybody doing normal good results and everybody comes up with white cards that is)

Denmark
France

Third place will be Germany or Greece.

This is my guess, but I don't know if Mifsud is competing.. and if Sietas will be there. But Denmark should normaly be very hard to defeat for the moment.
Then we add some red cards and the result list will be totaly different.

:ko

/B

I didn't think Sietas was competing. Heard that a month ago so things may have changed.

Cheers,
Ben

Doesn't anyone want to vote on the women?

My moneys on Russia............. and then the UK of course.

Sam
I'm In Too!

I would like to ask again:
Who is in the teams?

this is the first question. after I can bet.

germany is without tom, domenik, hubert and me...
denmark with peter?
france with stephan?
can natalia starts in the russian-mens-team?
canada with eric?
venezuela with carlos?
who is in the swedish team? (my topfavorite)

The swedish teams:
Weine Gustavsson, Per Westin, Bill Strömberg and Tobias Nilsson
Girls:
Lotta Ericson, Annelie Pompe and Isabelle Larsson

I agree with wolle, it would be interesting to se the other teams.
Canada with eric? Doesn´t seem like that if you look at other posts on this forum. THe only Canadian I know of is William Winram.

Peter P....

YOU had said no for this WC for a year now, and Timo have put everything in for this competition for a long time. What made you change your mind? And what about Timo now? ...or is it maybe Stig or Hening that is out now?

You are the best pointcollecter in DEN, but do you have some kind of VIP access to who is in or out, in the team for the WC? ...after all it only 5 weeks left.

regards
/B

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT