• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

WC in Egypt - Poll men's team

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Who will win the men’s Team competition in Egypt 2006?

• Australia

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Austria

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canada

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • Croatia

• Czech Republic

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • Denmark

Votes: 24 36.9%
  • Finland

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • France

• Germany

• Greece

• Hungary

• Japan

• Mexico

• New Zealand

• Russia

• Slovenija

• Sweden

• United Kingdom

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • USA

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Venezuela

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Uha Bill... That almost sounds accusing!!!

The fact is that I'm interested in Denmark comming to Egypt with the strongest team and that is with me in it.

I have had alot of things happening in my life within the last year and haven't really been up to doing many competitions, but since my motivation came back after a longer stay in Dahab, I changed my mind.

And no I don't have any special access. We have the same selections as you do in Sweden. We look 12 months back in the worldranking and select the team ONLY by the performances made.

Timo put alot of effort into the project, but so did I...

Peter P

My vote goes to Petr, Petr, Martin... and Petr ! :) :)

"Czech national team will be represented by Petr Vala, Petr Zlatuska, Petr Augusta and Martin Stepanek."

Wal

Yes Wall, the CZE Team is verry strong, one of the strongest!

Petr Vala last result on comp: 6'10min STA;154m DYF; FIM 60m (in Sweden);!
Petr Zlatuska: 162m DYF; 60m CW (in Sweden); 5'21min STA;
Martin Stepanek is amazing strong in all the discipline, everybody knowes it!
Petr Augusta can do over 6min in comp, and over 130m dynamic and 50m+ in CW...

Balázs:)

YOU had said no for this WC for a year now, and Timo have put everything in for this competition for a long time. What made you change your mind? And what about Timo now? ...or is it maybe Stig or Hening that is out now?

You are the best pointcollecter in DEN, but do you have some kind of VIP access to who is in or out, in the team for the WC? ...after all it only 5 weeks left.

Well I will give your my version - Peter P did send an email to the Dannish national team that he where not going to compete during the WC. I did even send him an email saying that i where sorry to hear that Peter where not competing during the WC. This of cause did mean that i did not participate in Athens ( loved to have been there ) and Lysekilde, because i am very low on cash.

I have been training quite hard this year with freediving and spearfishing ( Danish champion and Nordic champion 2006) so I am fit for fight.. At the National team training session 3 days before the announcement of the competitors I where Informed that Peter P - where back on the team. I of cause did objeckt to this because I have no way of finding a competition and getting som better results during the weekend and i dont think that it is etical, or sportsmanlike in anyway to act like that.

This means that I where not between the first 3 participants, but now the fourth - This also means that I are not going to the WC, because of several reasons - First of all i dont want to use a lot of monney that i dont have to get a maybe chance to compete, and also because i find it very hard to support a etical line like that currently on the team.

I also quite sure that this is a culmination about Peter P not accepting my reccords from Dahab during 2005..

Just a little info :
1) Peter where the current CWF recordholder.
2) Paragraf 3.2 states ( danish rules) that only if the judges are not of the same opinion the video must be seen trough.Aida Denmark is to set down a board of AIDA judges to wiev the attemts if the judges at the attemt are not of the same opinion or the Atlete protest.
3) The Records are valid from the time the judges accept the rules.
4) The danish rules states that all AIDA judges are automaticly accepted as DFF (danish freediving..) judges, I did inform that there where a confligt in Peter P - watching the videos because the rules state that there is no reasons to do this..

Yes the videos where not perfect, but when the Judges have given me the white card and accepted the reccord - so the videos where not an opinion..

Peter P did inform me that there where no prerequicites to the attemts, wich is not true, the danish rules are a extension of the international rules, wich means that I must perform the Prerequicits.. The judges did requier me to do the prequicites so by luck i where safed by them.

Peter p - did tell me that Lotta where not registred as a Judge during these events - That is not true! The application where filled with Erez and Jonas names, but Peter where not able of finding Jonas on the judge list so i did inform him that Lotta is also a AIDA Judge, and she will judge if needed - There where no objection about this.

Anyway - Peter P, did against the Danish rules and against the judges at the attemt - state that the records where not valid...

And i can keep going....

But lastly the Danish championships where this year during the Lysekilde competition, and it where not announced anywhere.. Actualy some of the atletes did first know that the Danish championships where in Lysekilde - The competition where not announced anywhere - The DFF webmaster and member of the DFF board did only know the Danish championships where in lysekilde when he got the results...

We did of cause have a debate on this on my forum.deeperdiving.net ( tread is in Danish) where Peter P, states that it takes "balls" to run the DFF - I did tell him that if it takes "Balls" to run the DFF he should not sertainly not sit as tha chairmann of DFF - I dont think "Balls" have any rights in a democratic organisation..

Anyway - thats it for now! I guess most of you can understand why i am not happy about the situation..

Anyway to you that are going to the WC - good luck! And dive safe!

Best regards

Timo Jattu

forum.deeperdiving.net , www.timojattu.com

Reactions: jome
Without a reserve in the danish team they will be somewhat weaker if they dont manage to stay healthy.

TIMO: So your Dahab competition dive would have put you in the team?
And the dive was approved by the judges - but there is no good video to prove the performance?

An Peter P disqualified the dive afterwards?
Was it a competition dive or a recordattempt?

Would be intresting to hear Peter P's version.

Sebastian

In Dahab diving and eating too much.

Some of the Russian female teamembers here. Some of the male teams will have a hard time beating them :)

Ha ha...

I can only take this insult with my good sence of humor!

I'm not even going into the discussion, since it is only based on Timo's bad feelings of not making the team.

YES Timo didn't have his recordattempt in Dahab recognized as a Danish record. The official reason was that he didn't file in the documentation (DV-tape) untill almost 6 months after the attempts. Timo was given a dispensation to file in the tapes later than the 14 days that we have in the Danish special-rules in this area, but since it was almost 6 months after he filed the tape THE ENTIRE DANISH BOARD agreed to not accepting Timo's attempts as a national rec. So why Timo is pinning this on me personally is kind of a mystery to me.
Let me say that there are no rules regarding how to handle varification of National recordattempts in the rules of AIDA Int. and we only have these rules to be able to document the attempts to the media and the freedivers of Denmark.

Timo still had the opotunity to join the Danish team for the World Champs, but choosed not to go.
ANYONE who has any kind of experience in teamcompetitions KNOWS that the reserve is VERY importent and I'm VERY sad not to see Timo joining us, since he IS a good freediver.

But anyway...
THANKS for the insults Timo!!!

Very best regards...

Peter P

Without a reserve in the danish team they will be somewhat weaker if they dont manage to stay healthy.

TIMO: So your Dahab competition dive would have put you in the team?
And the dive was approved by the judges - but there is no good video to prove the performance?

Nope - Did the 90 meters during the world championships 2005 wich gave me a good lead..

And when Peter p, did anounce that he where not comming to the world championship in Egypt - I had no reason to participate in the lyskilde or Athens competition, and improve my terrible performance during the Nice competition - because I did not believe that anyone other might be a treath to my place on the team. Of cause a gamble, if Lars suddenly did dive a lot deeper, but i guessed the chance where slim..

An Peter P disqualified the dive afterwards?
Was it a competition dive or a recordattempt?

Well actualy it where 5 record attemts - CWF 80 meters, Free Immersion 62 meters, No limit 85 meter, Variable 90 meters, only 90 meters in the blue hole so i did 85 meters No limit to watch the fishes.. Also i did plan to do a 63 meters unassisted, but because i needed to reach the prerequcites i did drop that dicipline - did one dive to 51-52 meters with 4 kg of lead on my hip - Very heavy at that depth!

Would be intresting to hear Peter P's version.?

Peter p - basicly quotes the video is wrong - and have at no time replyed to my arguments on the §3.2 rules about the watching the video.. To my opinion the video should only be to the atletes advance, if there is a problem with the judges or a red card is given on a record attemt, so that a board of judges can watch the video and decide if the attending judges are wrong or not and if so accept the original reccord wich first where not accepted. Well thats is also what the danish rules more or less states directly! What Peter P is inforcing is hat regardless of what the judges says, It does not mean anything - only the video counts.. If the judges meets the demands - well that is their call at the attemt and not someone watching a video.. And if you are not credited for your training as a AIDA Judge - Why have Judges at all ???

Well basicly - you can look at my site - there is a long post!

And Sebastian - You have to eat a tons of food before you have the chance to get just a little fat! :t

Anyway send my best regards to alle the freedivers in Dahab, and give Lotta a big hug from me!

Best regards

Timo Jattu

In my experience, Team politics and dynamics have more to do with the final results than the individual abilities of each freediver.

For that reason, I pick:

1. Germany
2. France
3. Czech Republic

In addition to this situation, I have heard rumblings within another team.... :duh :duh :duh

P

Canadian men's team this year:
Brent Pascall (60-70m)
Doug Sitter (40-50m)
William Winram (80-90m)

Pete,

It was a joke? :) Germany without Tom, Domenik, Hubert, Wolle is your favourite Team? rofl
Do you know the members of the Team?

Sorry Men, Balázs

Andreas Güldner, Ulrich Wulff, Jonas Krahn and Oliver Haug seem to be part of the german team.

We are:
Róbert Horváth, Gábor Herpay, Balázs Horváth if we can send our Team!

Our aim can be maximum a 9 white card and a great experience, talking with other freedivers.

Balázs

Talking about reserves, does anyone know if reserves can still compete as individuals ?
That's what they did in Canada/2004 but never used to do it before that. Would be great if that was normal procedure for world team comps because it's just a waste if you pay the huge amounts of money and don't get to compete. I wouldn't do it :t
I was on a team for the 2002 pacific cup, and they decided the team when we got there. It was absolutely gut wrenching for the people that missed out and payed big bucks to get there. If you aren't "on the team" but still get to compete it's not so bad, sometimes it's even good as you can go all out if you want. :)

Wal

Walrus said:
Talking about reserves, does anyone know if reserves can still compete as individualsl
What a terribly good idea:) Let the support team and coaches also have a go. As it happens I have suggested this to Yehia. Lets see what happens.

Peter P. Thanks for giving your comments. It is good to see how other nationals handle problems. We can learn from each other. And I think it is a good idea that aida national boards have power over what is a national record or not. In the case of a record attempt it is less open than a competition (it could be just one athlete, two fresh e-judges and a safety diver) important to have video in a case like the one I described.

Unfortunately video is not aways seen as important by organizers and anyone who recognizes the rec-button can be put on the job.
I think we should do as other sports an make our records in COMPETITIONS and do away with rec attempts.

But (since this is a thread on the WC) - it looks like the VIDEO will be quite impressive with sliding cameras along wires if I am not incorrect.

But I guess not many athletes will try for national records, since it is all about white cards.

Sebastian

PS. Timo - three personal bests in the Blue hole and then we were grazed by Nataljas presence. And then we did the arch in the bells. A good day in life altogether.

Last edited:
@bill: do you remember our talk in november 2005 in dahab?

I said to you that the starting fee is an insolence. 590 Euro!!!

For 590 euro you can book a 14 days package tour to Hurghada inclusive flight, hotel and meal (the flight is the most expensive with approx. 260 euro thereby).

Do you remember the egyptian words in Cyprus? "We will have so many sponsors. We will provide everything free of charge for the active ones"

Yes and they have a lot of sponsors: http://www.apneaegypt.com/directory.html

That is not to be accepted (for me!)

Later I would have participated gladly as an saftydiver. But 370 euro!!! I want to work without wages and have to pay the hotel and the meal? They are crazy!

Sorry! The money I save and go myself for it next year to Dahab, Lysekil and Nice...

That is my own decision. I wish much success and fun with the matches in Hurghada. I am sad, because I would so gladly have been thereby.

Last edited:
Ok.. no problem,

But if you where quick, the money was 470 euro, not 595...

For this money you get 11 nights at a very nice hotel, incl food, all training, all transports, opening and closing ceremonies, the whole competition with three different disciplines, full security from police and military, Judges and Doping tests.... and prizes for the podium team's. AND then you meet all the best freedivers in the world :friday

...if you count the total money you paid for the last competition in Dahab, you can see that this is not a bad price at all.

IF you can cover Dahab, Lysekil and Nice for 470 euro next year, please let me know how you do this so I can copy.

/B

ok they have changed the fees (?)
from http://www.apneaegypt.com/registration.html :(the offical website)
"Participation Fee:
The Participation Fee for a Men's and/or Women's Team to compete in the 5th AIDA Freediving Team World Championship is 595 Euro per competing athlete; 495 Euro per non-competing alternate athlete and coach or captain."

And that is my first search result:
Hotel Hor Palace*** Hurghada 10 days Halfpension, Flight, Transfer, Visa
Reiseveranstalter LMX Touristik
Berlin-Schönefeld, Fr. 01.12.2006 Hurghada, Mo. 11.12.2006
price: 480 euro!
http://www.booking.opodo.de/booking/opo/index.php?KID=634000&agent=

...and of courses: the triple depht is not the cheapest competition.

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT