• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

WC in Egypt - Poll men's team

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Who will win the men’s Team competition in Egypt 2006?

• Australia

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Austria

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canada

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • Croatia

• Czech Republic

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • Denmark

Votes: 24 36.9%
  • Finland

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • France

• Germany

• Greece

• Hungary

• Japan

• Mexico

• New Zealand

• Russia

• Slovenija

• Sweden

• United Kingdom

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • USA

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Venezuela

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, if you do not get news from the organizers, we may post at least some information about individual national teams. So for example the Czech team is as follws: Petr Zlatuška, Martin Štěpánek, Petr Augusta, Petr Vala, and David Čani - (team captain) and can be seen here:
clip_image002_0012.jpg

On the website of AIDA Czech Republic, there is also a daily log of their preparation in Hurgada, where they are since 17th of Novemeber. Although the log is in Czech, it is full of quite illustrative photos, so it can be interesting to look at even for those who do not understand Czech.

Last edited:
I just finished reading the log (latest record from 24th). So Martin and three of the four Peters of the Czech team arrived as the first team to Hurgada on 17th, shortly followed by Brazilians, and later by the teams of Canada, Norway, USA and New Zealand. At the beginning it was very windy, but so far everything seems to be going by the plan in their training, and as well I did not see any problems mentioned on the part of the organization of the competition. The hotel looks very nice on the photos, and is directly on the beach.

They published their current training performances, and they are rather stunning (-66m, -66m, -92m on 22nd) - as far as I can tell, I think they are quite above their results from the last competitions (well, except of Martin who still misses a few meters to his WR). Fourth Peter (Petr Zlatuška) arrived on 22nd too. Now remains to hope they keep good mood, strong nerves, and good health for the competition too.

Wishing them good luck, and wishing a smooth competition without any complications to all others of course too!

Last edited:
I said the Czech Team are verry strong!!!:) One of the strongest I think...

Balázs

Last edited:
Czech team's main strength will be, as in other sports, in the team spirit!
Even though we have big personalities, they can still work as a team. As opposed e.g.: to the Danish team, from what I could read here on the forum... They have even bigger personalities, but I think they will have a big argument already boarding the plane, about who will have the window seat rofl

As written in today's log of the Czech Team, if you want to bid some money (and win big :) ), the Czech bookmaker company Fortuna accepts bids for the AIDA WC 2006 now:

http://www.ifortuna.cz/content.php?news=2605

PS: Fortuna is a well established, legal, and serious company, not an online gambling site. The website in in Czech and Slovak only though, and I am also not sure if you can pay online, or just have to print the bidding ticket and then pay in their offices.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT