• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Wetties

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
4 degrees ?

Geez that even makes diving in VIC tropical.....

Hey Basco, what do you do to keep warm ?

Do you use a 7mm Picasso suit ?
Electrical tape on the wrist/ ankle seals ?

Wear 100 layers of clothing before and after diving ?

Picasso? well, my old 5 mm picasso isnt 5 mm anymore.. My Elios 5 mm is much warmer now. I use dry-gloves, the one with smooth skin on the inside. I fill them with warm water before I dive. They dont leak any water at all. The skin of the glove against the skin of the suit is totally dry. I think the most important thing is that the suit is tailormade.. then the water will not leak in from the outside.

hi

4 degree water are you insane here on the GBR when the water gets down to 25 degrees in winter most of us complain and quit diving until summer comes when the water hits 33 degrees plus but 4 degrees thats amazin, hey walrus and nicky early this year I went for a swim at bells beach in VIC I almost died from the cold this was in summer unbeleivable

Hey, I'm talking Calsius degres, not farenheit or something else stupid..?!?
Do you guys ever use a wetsuit at all? When I was in Thailand or Mexico, we had a water temp of 28 degrees. It was amasing, we could dive for hours without wetsuit.

Guys,
I can't beleve you dive in such cold water - you're mad! I'm only a little thing so I feel the cold really bad - especially when diving. I think from Santa this year I'm asking for a tailor made wetsuit!:D
Sometimes I even get cold in Summer when the wind is up....I'd give anything to go to the GBR, I'm thinking of going to Lady Musgrove, off Gladston I think it is....that should be great - anyone know of other places such as this where I can dive/spear?
Hey Basco, how come spearing is illegal there?
I'm considering travelling around the world/australia when I leave school and being a dive instructor for a while - anyone out there who could tell me what it is like? We have a few people here in Coffs Harbour who do that and the one that taught me how do dive is an absolute champion. He is in South America know and I hear he is having a ball rofl. Yeah so any comments?
:girlie

hello everybody

I am new on this forum, but have been reading the post for a while and though i could contribute...

maby you should look at www.eliossub.com they make exelent wetsuits "made to measure" from Italy. Almost everybody I know here is Sweden uses them and they are relativly inexpensive. I payd about 200 USD for mine last summer and its great

..about the spearfishing..I dont know way its ilegal but on the eastcoust where i live, the water is cold, dark and brakish and the fish dont get very large, so there isnt much point in going after them with a speargun anyway...

best regards

Johan

hi basco

I was talking about normal degrees celcius temperature I dont even understand that farenhite stuff.

Nicky

Lady musgrave is at the southern edge of the GBR i think it would be pretty cold there im way up at the northern end of the GBR the water is warmer here and full of fish only problem vis today I went diving I parked up in the shipping channel threw my Constant weight line out and couldnt even see the 5m marker vis was about 2m I got out and went home I didnt even make a single dive.

cheers

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT