• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

What Are Ur Dream Fishes ??

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Smallers are always welcome.Between-50-100 cm range.Not bigger:D

Murat:
Try not to do it in big boys area.Actually we have not much shark here neither tuna
Sometimes may be...

Tuna? here? roflroflroflrofl
No chance. Murat, your water are in much better shape than mine, especially near Tel-Aviv. And it's also atleast 2km to get 30meter deep, possibly further.
The only Tuna I'll find in these water will be in rusty tin can.
About sharks as well. they have nothing to do where I usally dive.

But to my astonishment, I found an octopuss last week! and it was'nt even that small, I think it's mantle was about 30cm, It was hiding under an old looking metal wheel. I tried to make him come out by making a current with my fins, but it didn't really care.
Does anyone know how to play with them btw?

I still don't know how it got there... maybe it was released by someone.

When i saw one i shoot between its eyes.Then grap it and turn it's head pocket backward.Head pocket? Is it right word?

:(
There are so little of those wonderful creatures in my water, I'll never kill one of them here. If they were common, maybe, just maybe but still most probably not..

I hope they are more abandant at your place.
Well, atleast I know what to do with them if I'll ever starve.
How do you cook/cleam them anyhow?

We are talking about actopus right?

They are not tiny here.Common size is 60-65 cm in summer time.They are so delicous.But in summer you couldn't find much inshore.

BTW are you hunting spinefoots.If you don't know what are they.Just check spearfishing thread.

Yeah, octopusses. Those 8 legged scrotums. :D
30cm was the estimated size of the mantle, not from leg to leg.

And I don't hunt. yet. maybe someday. For now I just hunt with my eyes.

And I don't know what's spinefoots, didn't find it on the search engine.

Last edited:
I misstyped the thread name.

Freedive Hunting-Spearfishing Photos-page12

BTW in page three you can see one of our good local diver with lots of grouper.

Ok, checked it.
unfortunetly, my fish recognision ability is still poorly developed, and most fish looks pretty the same to me underwater, unless they are in bright colors, or in the Red sea where it's rich enough for me to find a few species I can't miss (lion fish, scorpion fish etc.).

Somehow in photoes they all look so different.

btw, Loopy found the anthias fish i was takling about. (again, looks different in the photoes)
http://filaman.uni-kiel.de/Summary/SpeciesSummary.cfm?genusname=Anthias&speciesname=anthias

Hey Abri.Was up dude.Where were you been?Did you start spearing in thailand?.You may want to put some big kingfish (ulua) pic. to your personal site ;)

Abri:
Michael , you will see MILLIONS of rabbitfish when you come to Thailand
Well, atleast it won't be my fault of not being able to tell them apart, they'll all be the same. :)

Arabian Gulf is full of them too - make it interesting! I sharpend a fork and hunted them by hand - good fun!

very stupid fish

Willer

Reactions: Pekka
Originally posted by DeepThought
Yeah, octopusses. Those 8 legged scrotums. :D

rofl

OMG, that is hillarious! I am forever going to refer to them as 8-legged nutsacs ;)

:hmm

Look like somepeople fells uncomfortable about my octopusses.

As i said before.They are not tint here and very common here.I am selective about them.I don't hunt small ones and i don't take more than i can eat.They are even sellings in supermarkets and other fish shops.
So don't threat me like octopus criminal.

Dreaming

1. Large white seabass
2. Any yellowtail- gotta start somewhere
3. A tuna- any kind would do.

Any of these fish would provide a great challenge, and some tasty grinds for the family and friends.
Adam

Originally posted by rigdvr
What? Where? Who? When? Why?

The one that sent me unsigned karma.Actually i don't know ýf it is neg or pozitive coz it has red color box in front of it.Whats that mean?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT