Friday, February 22, 2019
  • Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 40,000+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 496,000+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,300+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

What color can I paint my gear with?

noobey

Jul 23, 2018
canada
I'd like to put some vibrant colors on my speargun, so that I don't loose it in murky waters.
But I don't want to scare off any fish with my colors scheme.

I read that white spooks fish. I suppose because it looks like the underbelly of larger fish.

So what's the safest color to use? Bright neon green, or yellow?
I also understand that color fades in deeper waters, but that's not a concern right now. I'm still splashing about in the kiddie-pool.

scole

Jan 30, 2015
Jalisco, Mexico
I have a Dorado print rash guard. Everytime I dive with it I am surrounded by interested fish. A Dorado paint job might make your gun easy to see, and attract fish as well

Jane Hunt

Aug 17, 2018
France
You could also use diving labels that you can buy on www.divinglabels.com - they are personalised identity labels for diving and underwater gear. If you choose the 3M option, these are reflective, so that if you drop your speargun in murky water, it can be picked up by torchlight.

Brochman

Jul 16, 2016
Shetland
If you attach your speargun to your diving float then its problem solved as boats can see where you are and your never going to loose your speargun.