• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

What Is The Best Speargun???

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
i'm irish actually, but i have many cuban friends. key west has alot of cubanos, (as you probably already know) btw- you can get a finned spear from omer (italian)

Hi JTKWest
Thanks for you answer! I first tought to buy a rail gun but I will buy a pneumatic one. I think the Sporasub Air One. I never used rail guns I'm fishing with pneumatic from Mares, Cressi Sub and Cuban handmade pneumatic guns between 1-1.5 meters. I like guns with lots of power and a range between 3-6 meters. As I read here in the forum pneumatic guns are much powerfull for its size and power is same through whole barell from start to end of barell. I will just wait few mounts and than buy as said Sporasub Air One 110cm or maybe 120cm. I think this gun will just be what I'm looking for!!! I hope its release would appear withouth big issues???BTW yes I know that Key West has a lot of Cubans because of this I was asking you. You looks on you picture as a cuban too.... Saludos GT

The AB Biller Mahogany Special Speargun is an amazing gun all around, I would recommend this gun to anyone looking to get serious. It's an all wood base which makes it extremely versatile and easy to maneuver. Known for making extremely versatile spearguns, any AB Biller gun will be great for you.
spear-gun-ab-biller-300x255.jpg

You can also try the Riffe Padauk which is another very popular speargun.
spear-gun-4-300x255.jpg

When I was looking to get a little shorter gun than my 110cm I looked at http://www.bestspeargunguide.com and ended up getting settling with a nice Cressi!
speargun-_0004_618wWCbj4L._SL1000_-300x255.jpg

@Davy, please... You just peddled "your" (?) website on a 10 year old thread that was last active about four years ago. That would have been OK if you had offered actual proper advice. And before you start thinking I am on a personal vendetta or like to act as the forum police I would say that this is possibly the very first time (Well, second if you take into account my similar response to your other post on the same matter) that I do this. But I really have to say that I personally think your advice should not be heeded and that the website you are trying to direct traffic to (?) is likewise not worth a visit.
Sorry for the tone. I just hate, hate, hate to see beginners take bad advice.

To beginners looking to part with their money: Search these forums and if you would like even more proper info, I recommend speardiver.com and spearboard.com. Despite the somewhat high amount of crazy folks hanging out on the latter, there are some really helpful, very knowledgeable and experienced guys, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: grantl
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT