• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

What is your resting heart rate?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

MozSpearer

Nov 19, 2013
Hi guys

I was just wondering what everyone's resting heart rate is. Would be interesting to see how large the range is.. And maybe also how much your HR drops when you are diving or breath holding. So please share your numbers..

About 6 months ago my RHR was around 62. Then I started cycling and now it is 48. I can lower my heart rate to 37 when breath holding.

Looking forward to hear your numbers.
Cheers
Mozzie

Reactions: Saltylenses
47 before start diving, a year later 43 before coffee. Not sure if it's good or bad. I get lightheaded when standing quick before eat, or working in the heat. I think my blood pressure is alright, about 100/60. I don't excercise.

I'm new to freediving, currently stay in the shallows less than 25' until I progress safely with more courses.

RHR 52, NormalHR 77 (daytime, driving, errands, walking)
Blood pressure usually 100/70
FreediveHR: 55

I just had a fever yesterday and my heart rate was about 100 for the whole day. Today the fever subsided, the heart dropped to 60 (normally it's about 38-40). Then I tried some apnea and felt so bad. It got me thinking that heart rate (measured after wake up) is an indicator of body condition, if it's a lot higher than the normal, something is not right, apnea performance may not be so good on that day.

90 which goes to 50-30 due to an exaggerated dive response

110/71 according to the drug store...

In normal conditions of relax (in bed, before falling asleep) something between 55 and 60. During a dive or doing statics in water,it goes down to 40, to 45...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT