• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

What species are you?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

What animal do you most ID with?

• Dolphin

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • Otter

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • Seal

Votes: 17 13.0%
  • Shark

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • Other fish

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • Human - anything else is New Age w**k

Votes: 37 28.2%
  • Fart Hog

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
Sea Monkeys!

Sea Monkeys!! Who else remembers them? I looked them up on Google just now, and was amazed to find that they're still being sold. Did anyone ever hatch one?

Go here http://www.sea-monkeys.com for more information on the most disappointing "pet" I ever had as a child.:(

(I preferred the dead mammals I used to keep in the freezer :D )

Bryan

Have'nt seen my favourite being mentioned, although I may be wrong. I have a soft spot for Rays, I think the most graceful of the 'deep blue movers'. Had the joy of diving with a giant ray once, was very cool !!

Be safe !

:D

I'm with the sharks. No doubt. Like a shark I'll die if I stop moving long enough, and I live to travel the world's oceans checking out the deep unseen places. Although sea dragons are very cool too!

In baja they call me "La Rana" or "The Frog" because of my big ol omer fins and the fact that I stay in the water for so long.

I guess I most identify with the frog...or maybe a cold beer.

Yea I think Ill have a beer...

GTB
www.gonetobaja.com

warm water cold beer:p

Hmmm, this is a tough one. So tough, that I think I'd have to go the fantasy route along with Lynn, and identify myself with a merman (that's one of the nicknames I've earned, anyway. Although, in certain other circles, I'm known as an "otter". Hmmmm). I can also relate with the whole "catching fish" before you can eat them vibe; most of my evening freedive training sessions end with a trip to Long John Silver's...I literally CRAVE fish after I've been freediving!

Todd

Hmmm, this is a tough one. So tough, that I think I'd have to go the fantasy route along with Lynn, and identify myself with a merman (that's one of the nicknames I've earned, anyway. Although, in certain other circles, I'm known as an "otter". Hmmmm). I can also relate with the whole "catching fish" before you can eat them vibe; most of my evening freedive training sessions end with a trip to Long John Silver's...I literally CRAVE fish after I've been freediving!

Todd

After training I often have a strong craving for fried chicken:) What does this say about me?rofl Well I do love birds that swim - comorants/shags, penguins, swifts..... But I wouldn't say I identify with any particular animal. In terms of the animal that I feel the most spiritual connection with I think it would have to be the the hawk. I feel awe when I see them and they are to me a sign of something being right in the universe.

Funny, I always have a fishy taste in my mouth after I've been diving :chatup

rofl rofl rofl
it's that soap you've been using ;)

soapscrub.jpg

I'm with the rest of the Orca guys. There is something to be said for being at the top of the food chain :).

No spiritual connection or any of that stuff, just a BIG appreciation for them. Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for sharks. But, it seems to me sharks act because that is what they are designed to do, almost like they are following programming. Orcas stalk, and kill with extraordinary skill and cleverness.

We had 3 follow our 23' RHIB once....talk about feeling small :)

Your spirit guide is a black fella?
roflroflroflWith a big afro roflroflrofl
Excellent rofl :waterwork rofl

Seriously Ive never thought about it, Id have to fall in with rays or orca guys...
Allthough I tend to spend alot of time thinking about sharks ;)

Fishy tastes aside I definitely fall into the Human - anything else is New Age w**k class.
On a good day I think I'm above average as a freediver but I'm still comparable as a cod in the London marathon compared to a Dolphin in the sea.
Whoever the "Fart Hog" is has my undying respect:king The dryest person on deeperblue

Reactions: island_sands
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT