• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

What's behind your DB nickname?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Island_sands, it's locked up at Guatanamo..

(oops, was that a political statement? sorry, i'll go back to freediving-topics now..)

Reactions: Jon
Heh.. funny how people are.. Well mine name really is Pekka... hmm and I have gone past the fact that some peole find that funny...:|

Pekka

Originally posted by shaneshac
I I don't go around trying to convert ppl to satanism.

...That's it! I'm changing my nickname to '666' :vangry

;)
Cheers,
Erik Y.
ps- nice fish you got the other day.

Thanks Eric

666 would be awesome nick. Get everyone to negative Karma you and get a long line of red Karma squares

You could also go with DAMIAN or Beelzebub

Reactions: Erik
Wow!

This really blossomed overnight!

I learned that Pez is also spanish for "fish", which I guess I kind of knew somewhere back in the less used recess of my memory. Glad I picked such a good nick by pure chance! Next time I sign up for a forum I'll call myself "PezHombre" or something like that.

I also liked some of the puns (e.g Kars <-> traffic). BTW, there is a DB mamber named Feld, so "Blofeld" would have been a rather unfortunate choice -- Kars works much better.

I was kind of hoping that Unirdna would weigh in at some point. Is that pronounced like "You nerd nah" or like "You and I are DNA" or "Uni R DNA" what? Since he's a research assistant at a university, the'ye all plausible -- and probably all wrong. At any rate, I know I'm not that only one whose curious.

Thanks again for all the replies -- very surprising.

Since Ted hasn't answered for himself yet, I guess that I'll do it for him.;)

It Stands for "You and I are D.N.A." He is not only a fish biologist
(limnologist) but also a student of evolutionary biology. We've had many conversations on the subject during our drives to various lakes and back.

He even has it on his car's lisence plate.

The first time my wife and I met him he went into this long winded explanation of the whole thing, and since my wife is a micro-biologist who works for a bio-tech company she was like "yeah, I figured it out from the first time I saw it since I work with a bunch of science geeks too".

My name isn't quite so interesting- just my given name.zzz

Jon

Originally posted by Jon
Since Ted hasn't answered for himself yet, I guess that I'll do it for him.;)

It Stands for "You and I are D.N.A."

I must admit to being curious :)
Thanks Jon :D

w3ac stands for Waiakea Warrior Wrestling Assistant Coach. I have since been moved up to head coach but it would be kind of a hassle to change my user name. Brad would have also worked but I wanted to be original.

Brad

Well i dont know where Furbs came from, my girlfriend just came up with it one day! I have got so used to it that i now answer to it! Yer i like my name! and no one else ever seems to have it, unlike boring Kate. :)

Im a cheapo with a snorkel... actually, I spend vast amounts of my freediving gear...just bought a 270€ suit (thanks dad!!!! hahahaha)... so my name doesnt really make sense!

Snorkel Bum... i thought it was like "beach bum"
ie a person who just spends his life freediving and in the water.
:)

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shane man, I just got that... you sick person!

Reactions: shaneshac
I'm Shaca'd!

Sick minds think alike

I had a vision of someone who never lacks a place to stash the snorkel after spitting it out ...

Or someone face-down in a pool pulling off an impossibly long static ...

My mind works in mysterious ways.

Sometimes i even offend myself :D

This is the sort of stuff that flashes through my mind when doing aspettos or static. I am suprised i ever catch any fish.

AltSaint is an anagram of 'Atlantis', and believe it or not, that is where I come from.

I can prove this:

There was a 70's TV series called 'The Man From Atlantis', all about the ultimate freediver ( he had gills and webbed feet ), played by the actor Patrick Duffy.

Then name of the character he played was called 'Mark Harris'

That happens to be my real name, therefore I can rightly claim to be 'The Man From Atlantis'.

I don't however, and instead secretly hide behind my anagram disguise that no-one knows about.....

Reactions: Pezman
Now if you were named Patrick Duffy.....:D

I'm a schmo in the h2o... was gonna go for h2ohhhhhhh! but figured counting the H's would get tedious:)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT