• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

What's behind your DB nickname?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Mine isn't original either. My real name is Benjamin Leclerc, but when I entered it to register on the forum, I had the drop the "c" because there were too many characters...

Last edited:
My real name is.......

If I had known I was signing up to a fixed name, I would have changed it - but I'm stuck with it. How boring it makes me look....

:(

Aplysia gowlandicus on the other hand.......

Bobby Ewing

Now if someone shows up w/ the name "Bobby Ewing", we'll need to wonder if it's ...

- actually AltSaint making an oblique reference to Patrick Duffy or

- Dallasdiver making a slightly less oblique reference to his stomping grounds or

- A guy named Robert Ewing

If this offends someone in anyway gimme a shout and some bad karma and I will take it off, but it is a joke about me so... :D

Attachments

• lmao!.jpg
    lmao!.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 270
Ah - but Ben, you forget that Papa Smurf is rather important around here and if you feed him enough alcohol he can be inclined to change names :D

Cannot confess to having put too much thought into my 'forum name'. The 'cape' part is obviously a reference as to where I live, as in CapeTown, and the Blue is not only for the sea...as you probably all thought :=)...but also for one of my first loves, the sky. Have only been freediving for a short time in comparison to my relationship with the sky, which began 25 years ago, and still continues. ( Skydiving and paragliding)

A naiad is a mythological female spirit of nature that lives in a lake, river, spring or fountain. Since I have spent a large part of my life sitting on the edge of ponds to watch the animals and plants in them (and bringing some of them home!) I thought it was a good name.

Lucia

SnorkelBum

That was the funniest post I've seen in time ... well, maybe the UCB post was as funny, but they're both in the top 5 funniest posts I've seen here.

I only wish now that I had given the thread a slightly differnet title -- it seems to have sent Shaca down the wrong path ...

The wrong path???? How do you dare say Shaca is on the wrong path! We ought to give him a monument for being the world's leading promoter of human reproduction! Without his deep incisive analysis revealing the ultimate truth behind the illusion of daily human activities this world would be sparsely populated, unpolluted and with millions of fish in the seas! An awful place!!! Not to mention that there would only be six cardinal sins and so many millions of people would have no chance to feel guilty and therefore be free from the terrorism of certain religious interpretations?

How terribly dull....

go shaca go....to the rythm of the "shacaluga" of course.... :cool:

And as for my name:

Antediluvian Druids Revel In Absolute Naturalism

Now if you don't know how to interpret that don't worry, I don't either, just ask...er....Shaca! :D

Adrian

Last edited:
So we are the poor ones here coz of using a real name as nick name:eek: Not very creative:head

By the way "666-The number of the Beast" from Iron Maiden, could be nice sign os something:cool:

Originally posted by AltSaint
...There was a 70's TV series called 'The Man From Atlantis', all about the ultimate freediver ( he had gills and webbed feet )...
Hey, I never knew there was a TV series!
I still have on my shelf two books from Richard Woodly about the man from Atlantis. I read them quite a few times between first and fifth grade! only about a year ago I realized they had also something to do with the inspiration of me becoming a freediver - filling my earier years with underwater dreams and fantasies...

PS: I'm also relieved to know you're not named AllSaints 'coz of the music group. ;)

Well, mine is simple, My name is Giovanni, so, when I'm on the pool training ( almost everynight), the new ones always ask my trainer " what does he do", " he has been there for a long time" "look, he is doing it without breathing", and the trainer answer " he is an Apneist", so, i guess that giovapnea is a good way to introduce my self!!!!.....jajaja;)

For a second, I thought you were German -- It took me a second to switch to Spanish ...

So Santa says "jojojo" ...

Last edited:
Venezuela? have any pictures of local diving? i heard it's beautiful...

Hi

Hi Giovanni are you or from Caracas? do you know Ronald.- apacedo?

I have a freediver amiga her name is Neida from barquisemeto -

soy soy cubano bueno me alegra verte por aqui

Daniel.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT