• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

What's your gender?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

What's your gender?

• Male

Votes: 76 82.6%
  • Female

Votes: 11 12.0%
  • Don't know

Votes: 5 5.4%

• Total voters
Originally posted by jvoets
Maybe we men like to brag about our amazing deep dives to 20m on the internet while the women are out there in the waters, hitting the bottom at 50+ meters and don't have any time to share that with us.

What a shame for us....:waterwork

I know of 3 female freedivers ( including myself )out here in the chilly waters of Vancouver

dive safe everyone :)

wow those 7.37% must be really confused... a tip for ya's all you have to do is look down

Last time I checked I was still a girl. ;)

I think they switched to the word "gender", because "sex" can be an act as well as a characteristic. Whereas gender is stricly a characteristic.

Example: When I was little, the forms we sometimes had to fill out would always ask for "sex", to which the boys would write things like "yes please!". But the joke doesn't work for gender.

Just my $0.16 (inflation)

Reactions: Alison
Originally posted by bjpete

On the subject of sex and gender- bjpete! is that a question?;)

Sorry!!! couldnt resist it! I need help I know :hmm

Me? well none at all and female :eek:

Alison,

Were you born in the UK? Reason I ask is because I just can't seem to ever fix your words on an English accent. Every Brit-lady I have ever met has been quite proper. You know, tea at 4, cherrio, pip pip, and all that rubbish?

Do many US Navy ships dock in your town ;) .

I kid...I kid.

Ted :D

Reactions: Alison
Originally posted by unirdna
Alison,

Were you born in the UK? Reason I ask is because I just can't seem to ever fix your words on an English accent. Every Brit-lady I have ever met has been quite proper. You know, tea at 4, cherrio, pip pip, and all that rubbish?

Do many US Navy ships dock in your town ;) .

I kid...I kid.

Ted :D

:D rofl rofl :D That would be cos Im Welsh
Thanks you had me in stitches here :D

navy ships chocas with blokes

cor Ali.. just imagine that. US Navy ships :p

would make life a little more interesting here on this boring island.

wouldn't it, sweetie-darling!

Re: navy ships chocas with blokes

Originally posted by island_sands
cor Ali.. just imagine that. US Navy ships :p

Oh dear Sara's got her tongue out again ;)

Damn that monsoon :eek:

The U S Navy is now more politacally correct, as they have female sailors on them, so there no longer a need to make frequent ports of call, kind of gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "Love Boat" the only thing left to do now is to put a maternity ward in the sick bay.

My gender is masculine, my sex is male, my number is single and my person is first. First person singular, masculine.

Why the big interest in grammar ? Biology is more interesting.

Paul Kotik

OBVIOUSLY some people are unaware of US Navy shipboard regulations concerning the "fairer sex"
A maternaty ward onboard ship? this isnt startrek yaknow.....
Getting pregnant abord ship is a court martial offence.
dishonorable discharge and posibly prison time (and yes I mean for the female involved)
The Navy DOES NOT tolerate any such activity.
That being said..... looking at females all day but not being allowed to touch them,
dont you think ports of call would become MORE of a need? instead of less........

OPPS..... Just Minutes after posting this I feel I need to Edit.....
The Person I was speaking to actualy WAS in the navy.
My apologies. After rereading my mesage it sounded like some people would think I was being rude. But I will leave the above
text AS-IS and will accept any remarks.
ONCE AGAIN I was not being rude..... just...well.... I dunno.
The military is kinda unhappy when people find CREATIVE ways to get out of duty.
Straight guys have been know to kiss other guys in public IN UNIFORM just to get kicked out.
Worked better in nam.... nowadays the either ignore it or slap you in the brig for conduct unbecomming.
Women get pregnant..... kinda hard to send someone to the front lines when shes undetatchable from a baby.
Mandatory abortion would start a civil war. so would forced birth control medication.
The public outcry of a CHILD being injured onboard a military vessel.... althouth its good for selling newspaper...its not good.
so the only choice left is "dont get knocked up while serving aboard ship"

remember.... people HAVE BEEN courtmartialed for getting a sunburn.
The USAF has succesfuly locked away sunburnt airmen for "distruction of government property"

welcome to the military..... we own your @$$ now........

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT