• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

where are you from?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Where Have You Dived?

• Africa

Votes: 18 5.1%
  • Australia

Votes: 18 5.1%
  • Asia

Votes: 12 3.4%
  • Europe

Votes: 166 47.0%
  • North America

Votes: 110 31.2%
  • South America

Votes: 8 2.3%
  • Somewhere Else?

Votes: 21 5.9%

• Total voters
Ah, Uh...Jeff dear...ARE THOSE WHALES WELL-FED???
I have no idea what Killer Whales eat--Like I said somewhere else, I've had about 30 minutes of my whole life on a date with Mister Pacific Ocean. (I'd sound gay if I said Madame)....
I didn't get too much underwater time at Lake Okobojii, either. I liked the Ocean better--warmer. BUT--I hadda take our Church Camp's Polar Bear Challenge. My roomie only stuck ONE TOE in! Least I swam underwater, maybe, 10 feet? Then, in the interest of avoiding hypothermia--got out! Tallie Sue and I were the only ones to take the challenge--of the Staff--at Okobojii, that week, that I knew of. We were supposed to get up at 5:00AM, to do it--and we DID. Brrrrr!
Otherwise, swimming pools, swimming pools, and more swimming pools--OH yeah--Lake Manawa--when I was a little kid...almost forgot. :) It was our Family 4th of July Spot. :):) Every year--when I was really young.
Water Rat--who's doin' her Level Best without the LUCKYs--to not whine about missing LAKE WAZZIE! :(

Hungary. I'm from a little town close to the Croatian (former Yugoslavian) border. Now livig in Budapest (my house is close to Budapest, in Budakalász).
We usually dive in the Adriatic sea, in Croatia, and sometimes in mine lakes in Hungary.

BTW, Papa Smurf :) , what is the matter with the members map? It would show this info also.

I live in the island of Puerto Rico, in the Caribbean,(N18 14.549 W66 29.252) Water is warm and clear year long, and we have deep water very close to shore, I am giving Freediving/spearfishing clinics in the island.
This place is just awesome, am very lucky to live here, plenty of big fish to choose from, sandy gorgeous beaches, beautiful women, the food is incredible.
I also have been spearfishing and taken groups to a few places Like Peru, Costa Rica,North America, Mexico, ect, and I think each place has something good to offer.
I lived in Spain for two years, and I loved it.
I dont have white sharks here, at least we have never seen them, but like most places we got our share of sharks, tigers,makos,reef sharks, ect.

I mostly dive [ame="http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=44.793653,13.895988&spn=0.081375,0.161018&t=k&om=1"]here[/ame], but right now, I'm [ame="http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=k&om=1&ll=45.784928,15.93347&spn=0.002499,0.005032"]here[/ame] :(

Alexx!
What is that strange shaped lake near Zagreb(am I right?)? It looks like an airport, under a feet of water..

It is a lake called Jarun. [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jarun"]Wikipedia[/ame]

Current Croatian DNF record holder is working there as a lifeguard aka "Mitch Babewatch" rofl
It is 11m deep, but I wouldn't put my toe in :yack rofl

I live in Estonia. Not much of a place for diving, you can get a maximum of 10 meters (or maybe a little more) visibility with perfect conditions. Not much fish here either, a few ugly monsters like pike and perch for example. The only good thing from a freediving point of view is that we have SpecialFins and Leaderfins here.
The diving isn't very good here, but it's a good reason to travel. :)

Last edited:
Well I live in the Channel Islands, they are situated between England & France. We mainly fish for prime food fish, Bass is probably the main target.
Sea temperature ranges from 8c to 18c & vis from 1mt to 15mt. The summer is best & the fish plentiful at this time.
Guernsey can be a beautiful Island which almost doubles in size when the tide is out! We have a 10mt tide range putting us amongst the largest tidal location's in the World.
The sea is not crowded but the land is! Guernsey is a financial centre & there are a lot of imported workers + there is tourism + low tax, which encourages more people :head
Still I think I am lucky to live in such a safe & generally friendly Island, always close to the sea. :)
PS please come & visit us you will all be welcome.

I'm from Hungary, but I live in Corfu, Greece. In Hungary we have no sea so I obviously couldn't stay there :) the conditions for freediving are excellent here, especially on the west coast where we have deep water close to the shore, and some excellent visibility practically all year round (and the water is BLUE :)
spearfishing is not so great here though, as the sea around here is strongly overfished, both by commercial fishermen and spearos. the latter are mostly rookies shooting from the surface at virtually anything that moves - exterminating all reef fish everywhere :( you really have to be an experienced local with excellent knowledge of "secret spots" and a very good apnea to catch decent fish (above 1,5 kilo.. ).

Oahu, My favorite dive is the YO257 (not sure how to post links)
Grew up in seattle and cant wait to freedive the sound, i'll be heading there the first two weeks of april.

Last edited:
I'm from Melbourne Australia, went for my first proper dive on sunday in port phillip bay. Vis was pretty bad due to the dredging and it's only going to get worse. Apparently we used to have 10-15m vis depending on the weather, obviously we'd have days that would be far less, but now even with a few days of good weather we gon't get any more than 3-4m. I will be spending a lot of time diving in warratah bay and round the islands near wilsons prom, only problem is we need flat water to get the boat outta the inlet or it's bye bye boat.

Cienfuegos, Cuba. But currently live in the US, miami. I would love to spearfish in Cuba one day with my uncle and a couple of my friends. But not till things change over there.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT