• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Where can i download some spearfishing/freediving movies?

hi

I dont know where to get spearo movies on the net. But there are some good ones of Topi and David doing no fins freediving up to 60m, not sure what the website is but if you type in No fins constant weight in the search section and then go to the thread HOW DEEP WILL TOPI GO there is some links there :cool:

cheers

Just noticed that

Can you belive i couldn't find any spearfishing videos with kazaa????Now there is 6,900 terrabyte file sharing it has. Why people doesn't want to share these videos, any idea?

Re: Just noticed that

Originally posted by Murat
Can you belive i couldn't find any spearfishing videos with kazaa????Now there is 6,900 terrabyte file sharing it has. Why people doesn't want to share these videos, any idea?

Maybe because they want to support the spearfishing industry by not pirating everything :confused:

All the short videos are readily available for download at much higher speeds than through a peer-to-peer sharing system, there's no reason to share those through Kazaa... if you're looking for full-length videos... :naughty

I have all my VHS diving tapes ripped to CD format now(so I can watch them on my laptop); however, I have enough respect for the people that produced these tapes not to share them with others. :hmm

It's not like these people are doing this to get rich - factor in the expensive equipment, time, and editing/production & you'd be surprised to see how little they make... if anything at all...

Reactions: Murat
Originally posted by icarus pacific
That almost makes me forget about those shorts... :hmm
Yeah, almost...:hmm ;)

Agree totally with Fuzz, there is a reason why a spearing video costs $50. And it isn't because Torelli and Co are getting rich...

They deserve to be compensated (and reimbursed) for the time and effort needed to produce that hour of film.

Re: Re: Just noticed that

Originally posted by fuzz
Maybe because they want to support the spearfishing industry by not pirating everything :confused:

All the short videos are readily available for download at much higher speeds than through a peer-to-peer sharing system, there's no reason to share those through Kazaa... if you're looking for full-length videos... :naughty

I have all my VHS diving tapes ripped to CD format now(so I can watch them on my laptop); however, I have enough respect for the people that produced these tapes not to share them with others. :hmm

It's not like these people are doing this to get rich - factor in the expensive equipment, time, and editing/production & you'd be surprised to see how little they make... if anything at all...

Calm down man. Our internet connection is pretty slow. We get 4 kb/second fastest (not everyday). So i am asking about just clips which is about 1-5 MB. I don't have enough patient and money to wait for full length movie. In any way i pay more than 50$ if i download full length movie. The internet is not as fast and chep as US. You have to pay tremendous money for phone line and Internet Service Provider;) .
BTW i totally agree with you about that pirating. We always show respect to others efforts, time and desire.

Re: Re: Just noticed that

Originally posted by fuzz
All the short videos are readily available for download at much higher speeds than through a peer-to-peer sharing system, there's no reason to share those through Kazaa...

Glad you agree Murat, what I was trying to say above is that 99% of the time, you'll get a faster connection from the manufacturer's site than through Kazaa... but if you insist on using Kazaa for downloading - use this version (No ads, which slow down your download speed, so it'll be more efficient)

;)

I already use light version but thanks anyway. My connection is slow becouse of the phone lines. Our ISP, phone lines, subsystems all are craps.Thats why i have slow connection. But you can't expect much from poor country. Actually i can open the web pages easily (sometimes) but when its comes to download, forget it.

The thing about the internet and copyright .... sigh.

My views are this - if I get a download of a movie, it's not good quality, but I can at least see wether it's total crap, or worth buying. If it's worth buying, I'll get it. It's all about informed choices. I don't mind if I get an edited version of it, as long as it sufficiently shows it's average quality etc etc. I'm all for sharing video etc.

Well, there's not enough sharing in this world, but I must say that under the capitalist ewconomic system we live in, internet picracy is bad. Of course we all want to change that evil and unfair and inequitable system, but for the moment we'll pay for our movies. Or could we just download them and pay for them later? Maybe, it's something we could argue...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT