• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Whether continuous breath hold does harm to me

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

xiao niu

Jul 8, 2022
When I go to bed these days,I practice breath hold for a long time.Usually constant long breath hold to almost pass out and empty lung breath hold to the limit.I do this frequently with few rest.Can someone tell me whether this is harmful to my body or not?Now usually breath hold for all5minutes with 3 minutes contractions.

When I go to bed these days,I practice breath hold for a long time.Usually constant long breath hold to almost pass out and empty lung breath hold to the limit.I do this frequently with few rest.Can someone tell me whether this is harmful to my body or not?Now usually breath hold for all5minutes with 3 minutes contractions.
Train 1day on 1 off. If you train everyday you might damage your aveoles. Other than that do not do sudden movements such as rapid exhale.

Hello,
Practicing long breath holds to the point of almost passing out and frequently doing so with minimal rest can be harmful to your body. It is important to understand the risks involved with such practices and to seek advice from a medical professional before continuing with this type of training. Prolonged breath holds can lead to oxygen deprivation and hypoxia, which can cause damage to your organs and tissues, as well as increase the risk of fainting, seizures, or other serious health complications. It is important to practice breath holding under the guidance of a trained professional and to listen to your body's signals to avoid overexertion.

Hello,
Practicing long breath holds to the point of almost passing out and frequently doing so with minimal rest can be harmful to your body. It is important to understand the risks involved with such practices and to seek advice from a medical professional before continuing with this type of training. Prolonged breath holds can lead to oxygen deprivation and hypoxia, which can cause damage to your organs and tissues, as well as increase the risk of fainting, seizures, or other serious health complications. It is important to practice breath holding under the guidance of a trained professional and to listen to your body's signals to avoid overexertion.
May this information useful for you.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT