• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

which euro rail gun?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Those guns have sweet shafts with mini shark fins and they are brown like the Riffe shafts not silver.

Ha Tonga is a small place dont worry I understand:rcardjk.

Its about 500 miles from Fiji(everybody knows where Fiji is Ha ha),
and the fishing is good, Here is a pic from last weekend.
You may also want to consider the pneumatics,my gun is pretty awesome!
I stoned the dog tooth(the big silver fish) and the white grouper with it:martial!
View attachment 21471

wow, you are lucky to live in that place! dog tooth tuna! nice fish . what about sharks? the south pacific is famous for being sharky. (so is where i live,dont feel bad)) anyway, the dessault gun looks good. im looking into it now.

Yeah our sharks can be a little mischievous
Its really on the way offshore places that you have trouble with them

If you do go with that gun tell how it shoots!

i am looking into buying a 90 to 110 cm rail gun to add to the collection. i have four guns now, and they are all wood guns. and all long. the short one ,(a riffe 42" rear handle teak) i gave to my 15 year old son, so now ineed a shorter gun for shallow stuff we do occasionally here in key west...
100cm Omer XXV Gold. Slim (25mm), light, railed carbon barrel. Stainless steel spear. It would be a huge contrast to your wooden guns. Although 100cm it'll handle more like a 90, or 80 even. If your son is not big & beefy, he should appreciate the lightweight & slim handle (although works just as well if he is big beefy!). You can configure it as traditional closed muzzle or "on-trend" open muzzle, and have the option of using Omer screw-in rubbers or bulk rubber (both supplied with the gun). Good price too.

90-110cm RA (or other SA) railgun should be good, just read the US prices shot up though. Particularly good for very big fish. Consider a carbon barrel if the budget allows. The 16mm rubbers are pretty powerful esp. if your son is just starting out, can upgrade to 20mm or 2x16mm later if necessary - but don't rule out the single 16mm rubber, it might well be all you'll ever need.

Last edited:
There are a lot of options out there. I am the US Distributor for Rabitech and started off as a customer. Rabitech came out with a very very nice handle Rabitech Apex 3000 that is being used by a number of custom builders including Poseidonsub (poseidonsub custom spearguns)

Right now we can barely keep the new handle in stock, and officially aren't supposed to launch the Apex 3000 until their new barrel comes out in 2009.

poseidonsub.jpg

Reactions: Mr. X
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT