• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Which kind of discipline do you like best?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

What kind of freediving do you enjoy most?

• Static

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Constant Weight

Votes: 57 45.6%
  • Variable Weight

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dynamic with fins

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Dynamic without fins

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Free immersion

Votes: 14 11.2%
  • No Limits

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Spearfishing

Votes: 30 24.0%

• Total voters
hi

Static is what im best at but I dont enjoy it as much as No fins constant although I suck at anything that involves diving under the surface.

cheers

I like journey to my mind - so i vote on static
but i want to have second vote - on CW.

Eric's Formula

Eric your formula is accurate within about 4 feet for me.
thanks

hi

I have never done a proper dynamic with fins to test Erics formula :( One day

cheers

Dive to hunt, hunt to dive. Spearfishing would also be considered constant weight, would it not? If so, that's what I do.:)

I'm new to freediving - I just have a question about the categories. All of them I know, but what is free immersion? Also, isn't CW-without fins a category as well?

Free Immersion is when you pull yourself down & up along the line, without wearing fins. So you are only using your arms.

CW without fins (or unassisted) is a newcomer, it wasn't an official category when this poll started.

CW without fins (or unassisted) is a newcomer, it wasn't an official category when this poll started.

It's new category to AIDA, all the existing records have been done with FREE. Look at David Lee's first Unassisted Constant Ballast record - Date: April 14th 2001. So has been around for at least over 2 years with FREE. I find it kind of funny that this is considered a new category. Think about it, freediving has been around for thousands of years, yet fins only invented 50 or 60 years ago....... :duh :D

OK, I confess this is my favourite discipline, when I heard about David's 51m, then later Topi's 60m, that really blew me away. They have inspired me and I'm now training for this myself. To me this is freediving in it's purest form.

Cheers,
Wal

hi

Hey Wal speaking of diving down without fins, today whilst I was supposedly working I did a couple of no fins dives to the bottom which was 18m, only could stay there for about 3 seconds though:D My lungs were totally crushed.

cheers

dinamic with no fins

Dinamic with no fins is very funny and for me is the best the most pure-now you need to have a good breastroke and a good technique for it-----is very easy to take a fins and go down to the deep..i feel like handicapped when i use my fins.

Unassisted CW

Hola Daniel,
I think you're talking about Unassisted Constant Weigth.
Incredible discipline

about the unassited

Yes that what im doing talking i little about the unassisted..and encouraging people to practice it.......is very very funny for me ...I only use my fins one a week ...and every time i try the dinamic witn fins i feel like flying....

one thing help the other..

saludos

Daniel.

" Faith makes all things posible;
Love make all things easy. "

D.L. Moody

"Which kind of discipline do I like best ?"

As a newbie, the discipline I enjoy most in this sport is, quite simply, the discipline.

The discipline of giving my new lifestyle the committment that it requires in terms of a responsible approach.

The discipline of diving well within my limits, and with a partner because I have a 5 year old kid and wife to come home to.

The discipline of training every day, either on cardio or strength, in order to improve my apnea ability.

The discipline of respecting the ocean and only being prepared to shoot something with a speargun which I am planning on taking out to eat.

...and the discipline of still smiling whilst I sit on the shore for ANOTHER WEEKEND waiting to try my new open-cell suit because conditions are %$#@ !!:head

Blue skies !!

Jeff

great! iv'e gotta post after Jeff's post. really, good post Jeff. as i enjoy and respect all disciplines i must say that CW no fins is truly awesome. close second would be CW with fins. dynamics fun and all but there is nothing like diving deep. by the way i'm going to put fattahs formula to the test. will post results.

forrest

DISCIPLINE

My favorite discipline is that with bondage, I mean constant weight. Constant weight.

My fav has to be unassisted... It gives you a wonderful free feeling. Only prob. is that i have to train harder to get deep....

unassisted

Unassisted--"The art of the unassisted "

I see this as a combination of clasical swimming and freediving

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT