• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Who else does get trigger points in upper neck?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

gerard

Oct 3, 2002
as a result of anaerobic training, in our case apnea.

I get heaps, maybe as a result of extensive resistance training (I don't train very often though, only once a week) which resulted in a high level of muscular hypertrophy.

It's a fact that the bigger the muscular hypertrophy the higher the lactic acid, CO2, hyaluronic acid and other metabolic waste production, which could be detrimental in terms of nervous system recovery; therefore general recovery before a new training session could be implemented. Also age may exert a powerful influence when it comes to recovery.

It's what's happening to me. And there is nothing I really can do because I just started freediving 6 months ago. I have been involved with weightlifting for the last 6 years, and I also was a competitive cyclist in the past.

What I trying to say is that is a real pain in the backside dealing with trigger points in every single apnea state I get invloved with, knowing that the training regime takes longer that 6 seconds, which is the time the anaerobic lactic system kicks in.

Maybe I'd solve the problem by using bicarb soda as a buffering agent, but I heard bad stuff about its effects: nausea, vomits.

Just a thought. I am eagerly waiting for personal experiences in this subjetc, if any.

Regards, gerard.

I have been diving since the age of 9 and i am currently 33 years old. I used to compete at world class level in swimming. After my swimming days I started body building. And yes i have also have had very similiar symptoms as you are. I have three detrimental advices and recommendations to you, which will help you with your problem. First things first: Find yourself a chiropractor who specializes in the detection and the correction of the upper cervical spine. You may find out more on this highly recommended advice in these two websites, www.uppercervical.org and www.kale.com
Second get yourself sublingual 250 mg of dmg, gluconic. You can find out all about this product from www.davincilaboratories.com
and lastly stretch, strecth and strecth with proper breathing techniques. And obviously spend as much time as possible in the water so your body may adapt to its environment.
good luck

Thanks buddy

I think is the first thing, which I have erroneously ignored. I had a little incident few months ago in the pool where I hit my head against the pool's wall before doing my first turn after the first 50 m. I was deeply concentrated with my eyes shut and I miscalculated the distance to the wall. And baaaang. Yeap definitively a visit is due to the chiro.

Thanks Yunuschiro.

Regards, gerard.

with all due respect to all other chiropractors out there, please make sure that the chiropractor you go to is an uppercervical, brainstem, practitioner. If you need help locating one in your area, let me know and i will help you.
good luck

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT