• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Who is it?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Walrus

Oz freediver
Oct 3, 2001
Hi All,
I' have attached a photo of a deeper blue member, just for fun, see if you can you guess who it is. :D
(Or what it is they are doing ? :duh)

I will reveal more clues later.....

Cheers,
Wal

Attachments

• whoisit.jpg
    whoisit.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 379
Cool picture.

My guess: Brad - Loopy.
I'm basing it on the fact that I know you're buddies (it's like Jon/Ted asking about the other half. ;) ). I hope this doesn't count as an unfair advantage.

Another reason is 'cause he's loopy enough to be caught like that on camera. :D

As to 'why' - he's trying to work on his complexion, or activate the MDR with a cold towel.
Or maybe using a WARM towel to make the temprature difference bigger when going into water and thuss activating the MDR quicker.

Both good ideas that should be tried actually. That's an inspiring picture (since atleast one of the ideas is not done in the picture).

Well, how close did I get?

Nope,
it's not Loopy !

The person in the photo is a little older, and from a different country. The person is also close friends with Ozzy. :p

Last edited:
Hmm, than all my other guesses would just be shots in the dark.. No clues I can think of...
Though maybe from NZ? (close friends?)

How about that what he/she is doing? was I close?

He is trying to make his face wrinkly by having wet towel on his face while trying to get some tan on his lips... close?? :)

As far as I know the towel was just to keep the sun off his face, whilst warming up to do a static. It looks pretty darn funny though. :duh

More clues:-
OK, not from NZ, or Aus sometimes he does sound a little canadian. :D
He does over 7 minute statics, and posts quite regular on DB..... that should narrow it down a bit.

Cheers,
Wal

(it's like Jon/Ted asking about the other half.

Guess we better not let my wife, or Ted's fiance', see this or they'll have some serious questions for us!;)

Jon

Eric Fattah possibly?? It's really hard to tell! Is this person Canadian?

Aaron

Its not Herbert is it?

Can't be that many people with Statics over 7min..

That rules me out btw...:D

Originally posted by Walrus

More clues:-
OK, not from NZ, or Aus sometimes he does sound a little canadian. :D
He does over 7 minute statics, and posts quite regular on DB..... that should narrow it down a bit.

Cheers,
Wal

Well that rules out Ned Kelly rofl

Wow,
good guess Ulf !
Yep it's Bill Graham. I have been in Hawaii doing some training with Bill, Matt & Annabel. The picture was of him warming up for a static in the pool. Got the whole picture here - :D :D

Cheers,
Wal

Attachments

• bill_static.jpg
    bill_static.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 244
Originally posted by Jon
(it's like Jon/Ted asking about the other half.

Guess we better not let my wife, or Ted's fiance', see this or they'll have some serious questions for us!;)

Jon
Well, wearing tight rubber suits before meeting eachother, disapearing for hours and throwing some lame excuse as 'gone freediving' might raise their suspicions one day.... ;)

-"FREEdiving?!? UNDERWATER hocky?!? MINIATURE golf?!? no such sports!"
-"Something smelly is going on between our boys I'm telling 'ya...:hmm"

Bill's apnea beauty parlour.

So what's the deal with the towel?

Does Bill really sound like a Canadian? :p

>Does Bill really sound like a Canadian?

Less and less all the time, eh. I started watching TV from the US about 55 years ago and now I almost sound like Peter Jennings. Of course he avoids certain words. I never heard him try to say out and about the house.

When I do a static, my warm up is all on my back and the tropical sun is fierce in the middle of the day. Doesn't have much affect on the dive reflex (that's why I started it) but it is very relaxing and I can do all my warm ups without any help or safety.
Aloha
Bill

Reactions: DeepThought
Originally posted by Bill
>Does Bill really sound like a Canadian?

Less and less all the time, eh. I started watching TV from the US about 55 years ago and now I almost sound like Peter Jennings. Of course he avoids certain words. I never heard him try to say out and about the house.
rofl If it wasn't for southpark I would'nt have known what you're talking aboot.
...Doesn't have much affect on the dive reflex (that's why I started it)...
Well, did you try soaking the towel in cold water? or maybe even in warm water so when you get your face in real water the temp difference might help? though maybe the latter wont do since you dive in hawaii...
I'm curious if it should work... I don't think there's any point on trying it on myself yet, I've been dry for so long (but not for long now) and my MDR was elusive anyway not enough diving I guess......

>Well, did you try soaking the towel in cold water?
All that happened, was the towell started to steam after a few minutes in the sun. I did hear a story about a world champion that wore a mask filled with water and ice during her warm ups. Worth a try.
We tried statics a few weeks ago in a pool that was 76(24C) and I think that would work better, but I was shivering before the start and it wasn't very good. The other four had trouble too.
Aloha
Bill

Originally posted by Bill
... We tried statics a few weeks ago in a pool that was 76(24C) and I think that would work better, but I was shivering before the start and it wasn't very good.....Aloha
Bill

Bill,...do you mean the 76F temp in the pool had you shivering? :eek:
Or was the ambient temperature the problem?

It was the pool temp. This time of year, pools, ocean and air (at 1000 ft) are all about 76. One hour of very little activity and I start to shiver with a 3 mm suit. Last Sunday with no sun, I did three warm up dives (pull down and hang) and had to do a short constant to keep warm enough to breath up for another dive.
As long as I'm moving, I'm OK. Hard to believe that I used to spend five hours plus in that 49-65 stuff in CA.
Aloha
Bill

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT