• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Who Smokes & Freedives/Spearfish

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Who Smokes & How Does it effect u??

• Smoke Heavly

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Ex Smoker

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Non Smoker

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • Antii Smoker

Votes: 17 36.2%

• Total voters
everything is in your mind

Everything is in your mind-your mind can say something negative-but in this case you have to move by faith and with your own will to do what is correct.

One day there was a lady that has fear to walk to the church she say that is was something in her mind that stop her from doing this-so i say to her -lets do something stand over here next to me and walk 10 meters-so she did-and i say to her" Now who stop you from walking ?

as you see in this example there can be a negative thinking in your mind to do something - but with your own will you can do what is correct...

I know that sometime is no easy and we need the Powe of God to breake the chain.....

saludos

Daniel.

Re: everything is in your mind

Originally posted by neshamah
[B

I know that sometime is no easy and we need the Powe of God to breake the chain.....
[/B]

Very true

Hey Guys

Do'nt agree that smoking has anything to do with anything other than it is lekker ( Nice) to have a ciggi after a good dive. But...after having smoked for 20 years, I managed to stop a year and a half ago. You sound like me Herman, I used to smoke, but still train hard and perform quite well at sport in spite of it, and that makes it kinda hard to stop. Tried many times without success, but finally nailed it, and I have to say that the thought of starting again fills me with more dread that stopping ever did !

The knowledge that I've stopped is enough on its own to inspire me to stay down a little longer, and recover a little faster !

So for the people that want to stop, I can only offer what worked for me...
1) You need to decide in your heart that you WANT to stop, and the time is right. You will know when .

2) I read 'Stop smoking the easy way' by Allan Carr. EXCELLENT !!! Its just a different approach, you're not giving up anything, you're taking back something...your control ! You must read it to see. Small book, avaliable at most stores. I finished the book, tossed my box away, and KNEW that I would never smoke again, and best of all, it's been FUN !!

Good luck !!!!!

Jeff:cool:

Reactions: ivan
Originally posted by bluecape
Hey Guys

Do'nt agree that smoking has anything to do with anything other than it is lekker ( Nice) to have a ciggi after a good dive. But...after having smoked for 20 years, I managed to stop a year and a half ago. You sound like me Herman, I used to smoke, but still train hard and perform quite well at sport in spite of it, and that makes it kinda hard to stop. Tried many times without success, but finally nailed it, and I have to say that the thought of starting again fills me with more dread that stopping ever did !

The knowledge that I've stopped is enough on its own to inspire me to stay down a little longer, and recover a little faster !

So for the people that want to stop, I can only offer what worked for me...
1) You need to decide in your heart that you WANT to stop, and the time is right. You will know when .

2) I read 'Stop smoking the easy way' by Allan Carr. EXCELLENT !!! Its just a different approach, you're not giving up anything, you're taking back something...your control ! You must read it to see. Small book, avaliable at most stores. I finished the book, tossed my box away, and KNEW that I would never smoke again, and best of all, it's been FUN !!

Good luck !!!!!

Jeff:cool:

hi

Congratulations man 20 years is a damn long time :cool:

cheers

Smoked from 14 years old to 22, quit cold turkey and haven't had any since. But I get these god awful cravings for a marlbero once in a while. :eek:

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT