• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

why are u so mad?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
hey hey hey guys, dont throw this guy to the sharks yet,

give him a chance, even though hes been proven a somewhat irresponcible spearo this is a chance to let our knowlege of responcible spearfishing pass on to him. So give him another chance, let those slide and try to teach him instead of tear him to shreds.

Im sure already hes learned a lesson, at least i hope.

back in LA now, errr. the fishing was ok... baged a few tako and uhu. good times. bad vis though, too much surfing, not enough spearing

greenies?

Aloha,
I'm glad to see so much compassion for environmental issues. This past summer we had two spearfishing contests at Anini beach on the north shore of Kauai.

I only entered one for a reason. One contest rules were irrespective of species, basicaly get the biggest fish with a 20 fish limit. The area was from Princeville to Kalihiwai bay (about 2miles of coastline). I felt they were way off base and only cared about their egos.

The second was an invitational. The invitees were chosen based on past responsible diving. You had a three fish maximum, and if you tagged more than that you were disqualified. You were required to also catch three "pan fish" (aweoweo, mimpachi, squirelfish, etc). These were to be cooked at the post dive, and eaten by all. There were limits on the type of "contest" fish and their size. The area was from Kalihiwai bay to Kee beach (about 15+ miles of coastline).

If more tournaments were held with this level of care and responsibility, that might help our image. If you think that one Jewfish is bad, I see people still bleach bagging for fish!!:naughty

As far as an organization of spearos, where do I sign up, and can I have extras for all my friends? As a boat captain, I get my pax attention by doing a couple of 80ft dives and they ask me questions which opens the door to spout off about our sport.

Aloha Ahinalu

PS- Hapakid808...you can NEVER surf too much:p

Although this is an old thread I would like to say something about it, I am a father and as a father I see the way the ignorant(for want of a better word) learn. A child, youngster, Newbie indeed need correction when they do the wrong thing but when that correction is a little to hash, sevear, it can have a very bad effect. Many in this thread have acted as such and there for given life to resentment, division, now there's a cuban spero that could have been taught responsability swimming around with a closed mind and resentment in his hart towards the people who claim to be part of a family. I in no way condone what he did or his attitude, but now are we left to think that where we could have made a differance to the way he conducts him self we now can not? Have we thrown the influence we may have away? Can a beaten dog learn not to bite?My pa said to me You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink!
who can make this horse believe he is thirsty if he is no longer here! Does this not make us part of the problem and not the solution?Was some of these comments posted for the benafit of the cuban or for the protection of our sport from the cuban?I know that if im too harsh on my kids they switch off and there for the knowledge I wish to teach them is wasted and inaffective. to me that is worse because they still do the wrong thing and i'm iaffective in correcting that, so 1 problem becomes 2. ever heard of "divide and concer" let us not weave this fate for our sport and end up shafting our selfs because the wrong do'ers wont listen to our hash words eventhough they are for their benafit as much as everyone elses.... a little honey on the tounge goes a long way"AHAB" (acts and feelings of friendship)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT