• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Why don't UK spearo's use pneumatic guns?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Gah, I just wish this gun had a few reviews already written about it! I don't think I am brave enough to take the plunge yet until there is some solid feedback available!

They were meant to have been released on the 1st of April... but maybe that was just a bad joke ;)

Every supplier I've spoken to has been really cagey about it saying it will be a couple weeks or so... bit odd really.

There are no reviews or tests online either... I did find this though:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdorWBY-Q04]Test One Air 29-03-2012.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

Are you looking for an 'all-in-one' gun Derekn? i.e. one for boat dives, night dives, good viz, bad viz etc. Thats what I'm kind of hoping I can get out of pneumatic - just a good all rounder that I can pack and not worry what the conditions are going to be like. North Wales is so changable day to day. I just can't decide between the 80 or 90! I'm finding the 80 more appealing at the moment.

Not so much an "all-in one", I don't think there is such a thing, more like the right tool for the job. I love my 75 xxv gold for hunting in the shallows around weed and rocks, its an ideal size easy to track with and I find it very accurate and easy to load/handle. It can be a bit short on distance for open water hunting though and I'd like something with a bit of power to reach those fish that don't come in too close. I've not used a pneumatic before so I'm keen to try it and from what I'm reading it seems as if it would be good for night dives and those longer shots. Might just start with a Cressi SL to see if it suits me, providing I can get the licence sorted out.

I have a Banks board and usually keep my backup gun on it, its another 75 mini-roller but it would be nice to have a longer reaching gun on the board as well to cover all the bases ;)

I would not base your opinions on a standard airgun without a dry barrel facility because they are like two different guns.

It seems to me that the big advantage of the new 'one air' is the handle, you can convert any airgun to a dry barrel but, I feel the in-line trigger & handle unit will be a great advantage over the conventional under the barrel handles found on most airguns.
You can train yourself & adjust from a band gun to airgun but the one air should be much easier to naturally aim & an easy transaction.

The idea of only having, using, one gun is horrific to me!!!

Just got the bad news from Omer that the Sporasub One Air will not be available until the end of May / start of June.

:waterwork

Just got the bad news from Omer that the Sporasub One Air will not be available until the end of May / start of June.

:waterwork

Good and bad news, if I wanted to purchase the gun, then at least it may give me some time to save up, or my bonus to materialise, that is a hefty price, but I like the fact that it is already a dry barrel.

60 euros for the full kit including shaft with fixed shooting line. The price includes postage and full instructions.

That is a good price considering it includes a new drilled spear!!

60 euros for the full kit including shaft with fixed shooting line. The price includes postage and full instructions.
cresi SL70 it is for me then!!!! we can double up on the order mate. goin 2 speak to sean about a gun see wot i can scab off him . ha ha

Good and bad news, if I wanted to purchase the gun, then at least it may give me some time to save up, or my bonus to materialise, that is a hefty price.

How is this good news? It's not like you couldn't buy it in two months time if it was released today :duh

If it came out now, you'd have loads of reviews and videos so at least you'd know if it was any good pre-purchase ;)

If you hadn't guessed, I'm kinda mad rofl

Reactions: DafyddRees
Pols as if my trusty cressi SL 70 really has made an impact on my Spearo buddies! The penny has finally dropped: ooh look its a bass, bang, head shot its on the stringer, ooh another bass, bang head shot and on the stringer, or does this ring a bell? "look under my float and see what's on my stringer" lol........sorry just couldn't resist it!!!

Will be very interesting with the 3 of us armed with SL 70's!!! I shall look forward to diving with you at the weekend, Nobby and I have a brand new venture up our sleeves. Let me know if you get your guns before the weekend.

cresi SL70 it is for me then!!!! we can double up on the order mate. goin 2 speak to sean about a gun see wot i can scab off him . ha ha

You may want to get a price for 3 of those; remember when I described using my brothers spear tip to smas out the pebble wedged into the muzzle,,,well looks as if I've also chipped away at the sealed piston chamber and thus when the shaft has been fired off and the piston reaches the end of chamer, the rubber o ring comes into contact with the chipped away end of chamer and leaks air. My own fault, but hey I rate that little gun and it's about 3 years old, so will just have to get a replacement.

Reactions: DafyddRees
How is this good news? It's not like you couldn't buy it in two months time if it was released today :duh

If it came out now, you'd have loads of reviews and videos so at least you'd know if it was any good pre-purchase ;)

If you hadn't guessed, I'm kinda mad rofl

Nice to know that you are looking after my interests & pointing out a slight oversight on my behalf. I'm also feeling a kinda dumb.

So would you be posting a review on the One Air or would you wait for the reveiws to come out before you dip your toe in?

I'd personally LOVE to see some reviews but they are obviously having some issue with their supply chain so I'm not sure when it will arrive.

I wanted to get it pre-season but it looks like I might just buy something else.

I'd personally LOVE to see some reviews but they are obviously having some issue with their supply chain so I'm not sure when it will arrive.

I wanted to get it pre-season but it looks like I might just buy something else.

I like the look of the Airbalette, but is also pricey, probably similar to the One Air once you add the dry barrel kit, if not more so.

I like the look of the Airbalette, but is also pricey, probably similar to the One Air once you add the dry barrel kit, if not more so.

From everything I've read, they've taken the Airbalette and ironed out all of the little bugs so it should be pretty special. (Omer & Sporasub are part of the same company)

They've had ~2 years to develop it - the dry-barrel and free-shaft alone should be worth the wait! :)

I have to agree with Bros there, bit frustrating to have to wait though!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT