• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Why is it impossible to get the shaft you want?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
..i have some questions. what kind of gun is your 105 ? what shaft does it originally comes with ? have you used the gun and shot fish with it before ?
what type and size of fish ?

Contact Dean Koutras at Addiction Shafts, he will make custom shafts. I contact Dean through messenger, you will find him on FaceBook, Addiction Shafts. He is on Instagram as well.
Dean will make shafts any length and weld the fins where you require. The fins are perfect for roller guns. The flopper and flopper pin and the fins are welded prior to the harding process. Dean also makes 10mm shafts. I believe probably the best shafts on the market.
Great to deal with as well.
I second that. Dean is the guy who makes my shafts.

Dano, with reverse mechs, wont the shaft tend to go "deeper" onto the gun though? I think my overhang with a 145 shaft is 19cm for a 105 gun. My guess is that many 140 shafts would work too, and for sure tahitian barb would.

I think you would have to take a tape measure and make sure before you order. Sometimes there is ambiguity in how gun length is measured/stated. For rail guns, it is GENERALLY the length of the barrel, but different handles and different muzzles can make a difference.

Reactions: Mr. X
I think you would have to take a tape measure and make sure before you order. Sometimes there is ambiguity in how gun length is measured/stated. For rail guns, it is GENERALLY the length of the barrel, but different handles and different muzzles can make a difference.

For Euro guns which we are talking about it is generally NEVER the length of the barrel... but I think the OP knows the rule.
(It’s the max band stretch length but the advent of reverse triggers is messing with that a bit. E.g. a Pathos 100 has 107cm of strength).

What would be nice for you to add, if it’s not on the website already would be the position of the sharkfin/notches from the rear (in cm) and the length from tip to end of the barb on your Spearmaster(?) Euro shafts and I guess your other offerings. I feel every manufacturer/vendor should have those numbers on their listings but it’s rare to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DiveHacker
For Euro guns which we are talking about it is generally NEVER the length of the barrel... but I think the OP knows the rule.
(It’s the max band stretch length but the advent of reverse triggers is messing with that a bit. E.g. a Pathos 100 has 107cm of strength).

What would be nice for you to add, if it’s not on the website already would be the position of the sharkfin/notches from the rear (in cm) and the length from tip to end of the barb on your Spearmaster(?) Euro shafts and I guess your other offerings. I feel every manufacturer/vendor should have those numbers on their listings but it’s rare to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Right. I am not lazy to measure of course but if I do not know the length where the barb stops from the tip of specific shafts I am not sure what I am measuring to figure out.

I would definitely buy a 140 spearmaster from mako if i knew the barb cleared. Another thing to support gecko's statement is many buyers like me would have to deal with shipping back across the world in casee of a return, which just is not practical cost wise. So having those measurements is cruicial.

If i measure the stock 145 devoto shaft that came on my gun though, and measure back from the barb (maybe this is what dano was saying), it is about 5cm, in other words, too close to judge either way if any particular 140 shaft would clear, depending on where exactly the manufacturer puts the barb and how long it is.

Last edited:
..i have some questions. what kind of gun is your 105 ? what shaft does it originally comes with ? have you used the gun and shot fish with it before ?
what type and size of fish ?

..hey, if you could answer my questions, maybe i will be able to help you with your problem..

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT