• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Why not a French speaking freediving section ?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hi,

what a hilarious "old" thread !!!

just something that came to mind......

i love the quote in " Matirx Reloaded " when Neo, morpheus and trinity meet the " Merrill Vingin. "

the Merrill Vingin says in english with his strong french accent...

"french iz ma favorite, fantastic language....especially to curse withv. nor de deux de putan bordel de mierde de salope pris de conard encule nec ta mere..... you see it iz like wiping your arse withv silk.... i love it "

Oh yush! But my favourite french swearword in Branleur... oooh I love saying it! As well as cornichon too, but that is not a swearword!

xx

I've never heard that. What does it mean?

anyway, enough of the french swearing, more of the french freediving!

Hi ,
I didnt read the whole 5 pages, but in case this idea cannot reach its end, here are some forums to promote for french speaking persons who do not understand english enough :

chasse sous-marine dans le var - spearboy.com : french SF and apnea community
La passion de la chasse sous marine selon www.passionchasse.com : french SF and apnea community
apnée-sportive et plongée libre freediving only

I think that is a nice idea anyway, but it just creates separated communities inside these boards; It will not improve communicaion unless translators get to work :/

Hi ,
I didnt read the whole 5 pages, but in case this idea cannot reach its end, here are some forums to promote for french speaking persons who do not understand english enough :

chasse sous-marine dans le var - spearboy.com : french SF and apnea community
La passion de la chasse sous marine selon www.passionchasse.com : french SF and apnea community
apnée-sportive et plongée libre freediving only

Nevertheless I think that is a nice idea, but it just creates separated communities inside these boards; It will not improve communicaion unless translators get to work :/

hi! Wow I forgot that this thred had even existed. The french are still very pasionate about spearfishing as I can see over here (in france at the mo)
good on them! Everyone here knows what freediving is!

English is spoken by more people in the world as a second language than as a first. The language has become The World's language. That is fact, but it has not happened because English is the superior language. English has become dominant by means of war. It is as simple as that. Whether it was the allied forces' (mainly from English speaking nations) defeat of the Nazis, etc., the extensive British colonisation of many parts of the world, or New Zealand's continuing invasion of Australia.
Another critical factor in English as a Global language has been the enormous success of American film and television.

Myself, I speak only English fluently but as a student of Linguistics I have differing degrees of ability in other languages - Hindi, French, Spanish, German, and Maori. In these languages I would struggle to say much more than "hello" or "can I have a beer please". Spanish is probaly the easiest for me to read and speak in, but if I try to talk to a native Spanish speaker I may not be understood unless I repeat myself a couple of times.
I really enjoy the multicultural flavour of Deeperblue. I love it when a person with poor English makes the attempt to post, even if they make no sense it means they are on their way to getting more proficient because they are practising.
I enjoy reading the little Spanish or French additions that people like Sara add to their posts.
Many Deeperblue members act as a conduit between two languages - e.g. Jorg of Sharkbait fame and Trux who has put so much effort into Apnea.cz. I for one welcome people who are not fully proficient in English to post on this site.
The addition of separate sections for the language people are most comfortable to ask questions in would be great as they can then express their ideas more accurately. These sections would be simple with no sub-sections needed because of the lower numbers of posts one could expect. Each one would need a bilingual moderator obviously and volunteers would probaly be needed to ensure that cost was not prohibitive to the Papa.
These sections should be viewed not as a permanent place to hang out, but as an access point to DB for that vital bit of advice, or as a transition place to improve one's English skills to the level where a person could ease themselves into communicating primarily in the main forums.
Hasta luego, A bientot, Tchuss, Namaste and Ka kite.

oh gosh, just got back from france... it's very true what is written above. I'm sooooooo tired, i'm confused between french and english, especially the difference in the computer keyboards (the a qnd q are in the wrong place!)

So glad i'm finally back on here (four days without deeperblue was tough hehe). Big storm here, house two doors down got struck by lightning, massive fire bought the whole roof down. Our computer died...

Then how could all the lurkers possibly spy on you Frechy's post? All the French most of us know is: Voila...Touche'....Douche bag (is that French...If not IT SHOULD BE!!!!!!) And a very few other choice and select French swear words!

When I swear in front of someone I don't know very well I always say "Pardon my French"!!!!rofl

So if you were my friend and you farted...I could say "Pardon my French" too!rofl

I DO however like FRENCH FRIES!!!! Ha!!!! And I eat Croissants with French's mustard!!!! Maybe I'll have to try that next time I make a Soufle'!!!! Ha!!!!rofl

:koI could take this SOOOOO much further...But all you Frenchy's would hate me then!:ko

I just know you love my FRENCH spelling...here...Hows this...Voooolayvoo Kushay Avecmwa Suswa!!!! Ha!!!! Whats that mean anyway?

Last edited:
Ahhh... shouldn't that be 'sushwa'? And it means something like 'will you sleep with me?' I think:)
No, it is not 'sushwa', it is really 'suswa' which means 'ce soir' = tonight, but it's true that bgill's spelling is much better than the official one. I think we should send a proposal for a grammar reform to French officials - I believe now, with Szarkozy at the head, there is good chance to get a go for it.

And I hate to disappoint you but French fries are in fact not French at all. Well, they are not really Freedom fries either. They are simply a Belgic invention. So next time ask for Belgic fries - they may be better than the French imitation.

Last edited:
Bon, je ne vais pas te dire ce que je suis en tran de penser... Parce que ce nais pas tres gentile. Mais bon...
Je crois que en fait vous parler Japonais. La langue francaise est beaucoup plus belle.
a +

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT