• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Wisconsin Spearo T-Shirts

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Whopperhead

Wisconsin Speargun Hunter
Mar 2, 2007
James Jay brought up a good idea. What do you all think about having a "Wisconsin Spearo" type shirt made up? We could have DeeperBlue on the front and something Wisconsin Related on the back. If anyone has a good idea for anything - feel free to post. We could also do HATS or something too if there was enough interest.

I'll take one of each! :)

P.S. Whopp - I tried giving you some rep... but it says " I need to spread some around first!". You sure deserve it though - with the spearfishing contest and all...You are truly an unselfish man. :D

Nice prizes! I will certainly "donate" to the cause. :) Maybe even Deeperblue like Pastor suggests above???

I wonder if we could get OMER or JBL or ELIOS or the like to DONATE any gifts for this contest? I bet if they were approached on this, and in the right way, they would be glad to make a donation....Maybe? :confused:

P.S. EDIT - I see you did get your rep points afterall!!! Good for you buddy!!! Yikes... I see 'yer catchin' up though! No biggee - You should be light years ahead of me rep wise - Your awesome video's and what you've contributed to this website and the sport of spearfishing are outstanding. May you continue to do so. You da man! :) Awesome!

Last edited:
I'm working on a few of the prizes. I should be able to have a Sling made by the end of the comp. I'm working on a few other things as well. Scott I PM'd you the details of those efforts.

Have a chat to Mr Smurf, he should be able to come up with goodies of the tee shirt nature

Something we played around with for one of the first Palooza's was to make our own design and then email it to people. You can get an iron-on transfer kit from any computer store and use any old t-shirt as your new official spear shirt. You just print the image out onto the transfer sheet, goes right through your standard printer, and you're set.

Jon

Attachments

• PALOOZA COPY.jpg
    PALOOZA COPY.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 158
I actually have some "transfer sheets" I've made a few "humorous" shirts in the past- I could play around with a few of those and see If I can come up with something. I know the link James Jay show me -http://www.customink.com/local/wisco...n-printing.htm offers the shirts for about $14. I also sent a PM to Papa Smurf about some T's for at some of the events. example....A T for the person with the most Carp at - this march's "Carp-O-Roma".

Hey Whopperhead, If your looking for a prize for the contest, I could donate one of my homemade pair of cold water mitts and/or a pair of cold water socks.

I love those mitts!! Flexible and warm! That would be Great!

Here's a Idea from ILDiver for possible t-shirts:

Attachments

• Wi-T-Shirt.jpg
    Wi-T-Shirt.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 157
I'm going to talk to the owner of the company I work for about donating some money / prizes to the competition. I've seen our company logo on various sporting events jerseys etc..in the past.

To tag onto what bgill was saying: If JBL and others would donate gifts to the competition we could certainly include their names on any shirts, hats etc.. that we decided on. Any photos posted would certainly include there names sake.

After looking at the pictures Jon and ILDiver posted, I think that's better than anything I tried creating on the site below. The cost would certainly be cheaper as well. I believe the pictures you guys are creating can be uploaded to there site and sampled/viewed on their shirts if you don't want to go with the iron on transfer sheets.

Customized shirts / hats web site:

http://www.customink.com/local/wisco...n-printing.htm

The sling is covered, I'll carve that. Whopperhead and I talked about the pole spear, that is covered I think. I'm working on getting an Omer Speargun and Omer t-shirts. We just placed an order at the end of last week and I'm hoping to get the stuff put onto that order.

My vote for a year end event would be a cookout in Oct. or Nov. Heck, maybe a crappie/bluegill fish fry. I don't know where, but just an idea. No diving, just socializing a little. It could be a dive event, like the 3 lil devils trash pickup.

Just tossing out ideas! And do the carp have to be shot in WI? Or if a whopper of a carp was speared in IL, would it count?? :)

I would count Carp speared in IL- Just try to get a pic taken. Somehow/someway if possible :D . I think a Panfish Cookout in Early Nov. would work. IMO.

Hey guys, up around here in the real portage area, we are planning a "tournament" for early june. Ive got a great guy working on making some concept art featuring aggressive looking carp, bluegills, crappies, ect ect. I could have those up and posted by the end of the week for you guys to look at too.

Another Idea for a T. It's a smaller pic maybe front pocket area. i don't think we can use the DB name. We would have to start getting into legal stuff in order to do that.

Attachments

• Tshirtfront.jpg
    Tshirtfront.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 158
  • Tshirt.jpg
    Tshirt.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Enhanced Version of Scott's vision.

Attachments

• WI_Speargun.jpg
    WI_Speargun.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 174
  • WI_Speargun-T.jpg
    WI_Speargun-T.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 157
  • WI_Speargun2.jpg
    WI_Speargun2.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
I applied it to a T-Shirt for you guys to look at- Looks cool- As soon as I get a Link- I will post it.

Anyone "interested" in a WISCONSIN SPEARGUN HUNTERS coffe mug? I know coffee shouldn't be in a divers diet. Well, I work 3rd shift and I drink coffee. :t - I won't know a price until I tell them how many I want. PM me or post it - if you want one or how many you want. It is in ALL Black as color would cost alot more. TShirt is in the works yet and will post an "option" - It looks good just have to wait to hear back from them.

Attachments

• wshmugfront.jpg
    wshmugfront.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 160
lets proclaim to all the fishermen that we luv to spear fish and they cant. well it was fun while it lasted

We buy a fishing license just like them. We have every right to do what we want. We aren't making shirts saying "We're here to KILL ALL YOUR FISH -ARRRR" I'd be surprised if anyone with half a brain would even say anything bad about the shirts we make. All the fisherman I've ever talked to, sounded interested in the sport. When I tell them I mostly shoot carp - they are Thrilled.

Reactions: Jon
lets proclaim to all the fishermen that we luv to spear fish and they cant. well it was fun while it lasted
I'm confused. What does this mean? Your not thinking that 10 t-shirts are going to hurt our sport are you?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT