• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Women's spearo Wetsuit for 6' girl?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
E

eeyorie

Hi guys ^_^
Okay so I have an O'Neil womens Explore 3mm wetsuit that is too short for me and I get rashes and It just doesn't work. I mean like it keeps me warm and bouyant, but it just doesn't fit well and it's not camo or whatever.
I mostly dive in a 40ft spring fed pond in Alabama, but also make trips down to the Gulf or to the NC coast. So I'm pretty sure that 3mm is good. And I don't think I should go with a blue-colored camo because I've never really dived in open ocean.

I'm just now getting serious about Spearfishing/freediving and I'm super excited, but have no idea on what gear to get. I've researched heaps (too many hours, lol!) online, and found several threads on women's wetsuits for spearfishing. But none really would like fit my 6' skinny-ish frame Lol.
I'm a little nervous buying a couple hundred dollar wetsuit and then it not fitting correctly or whatever... like picking a brand of jeans. Lol!

I know that Mako and Torreli makes womens camo spearfishing wetsuits. And the Mako ones look super nice, but only go to 5'11" and probably wouldn't fit right. The Torreli ones are like $350. I am trying to stick to around $200... But I am willing to go to $300 if I have to for a good fit through like Elios maybe. But Idk if Elios is a good choice for a beginner.

Should I just get a mako and hope it fits right or try to save and get one custom made or get one completely different that I don't know about?

Thanks so so much guys! Any advice is super appreciated as I'm super new to all this! ^_^
-Ashley <3

PS: It would be really nice if the wetsuit top can be worn by itself for those really hot days aswell.

I usually have the opposite problem being short, but I am in love with my riffe wetsuit. I would seriously check them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could only find men's wetsuits from Riffe =( Unless you mean that they fit us well too. ^_^
The 3.5mm is $320 though... =/

I could only find men's wetsuits from Riffe =( Unless you mean that they fit us well too. ^_^
The 3.5mm is $320 though... =/

It is the men's suit, but it fits like a glove and is super warm. As for the price, obviously the value is what you make of it, but I can tell you I have wetsuits that cost me more than the riffe suit did, and it's still my favorite.

Oh okay woww!
Do you have the 3.5mm? And can you wear the top by itself?
(thanks for helping me! ^_^)

Oh okay woww!
Do you have the 3.5mm? And can you wear the top by itself?
(thanks for helping me! ^_^)

I have the 3.5 and you can wear just the top of you want.

And your welcome [emoji4]

Yay! Okay so this is a really "beginner-ish" question:
Do you have to use like baby powder to get the suit on? How do you take care of it normally?

Yay! Okay so this is a really "beginner-ish" question:
Do you have to use like baby powder to get the suit on? How do you take care of it normally?

I use cheap dollar store conditioner . If the dive site has a hose/shower, ill wet it, put in the shampoo, then slosh it around. If there's no shower/hose then just grab a water bottle or spray bottle. As far as care when I get home I rinse in fresh water (to get the conditioner out) then lay it out to dry inside out, then I'll flip it right side in and hang it up in my closet. I put the top half on a hanger and just drape the pants over the bar. I don't put the pants on a pant hanger just cause I've seen them compress the neoprene and leave a permanent mark.

Reactions: eeyorie
Coolness! Thanks so much for all the help. Two last questions, sorry >.>
Do you have to look for any bad ingredients in the conditioner?
What do you do for your hair before a dive? I always have like a nasty mess, and my hair is short-ish. (the profile picture is old, it's now shoulder length instead of a bob Lol)

Coolness! Thanks so much for all the help. Two last questions, sorry >.>
Do you have to look for any bad ingredients in the conditioner?
What do you do for your hair before a dive? I always have like a nasty mess, and my hair is short-ish. (the profile picture is old, it's now shoulder length instead of a bob Lol)

You're fine! I love talking about this kinda stuff! Feel free to message me if you ever have questions and I'll try to answer them.

I don't look for any ingredients but I do make sure to rinse it out as soon as possible after the dive. As for my hair during the dive I put it in a low bun, the. When I get out I go back to the shower and just use the conditioner I use for my wetsuit on my hair to untangle it before it dries into a rats nest [emoji23]

Reactions: eeyorie
Okay gotcha. I usually would use like 3 times more conditioner after a swim/dive. Lol!
What do you reccomend for flippers? (okay now it's getting off topic but now one else is posting, so ohwell =P)

Okay gotcha. I usually would use like 3 times more conditioner after a swim/dive. Lol!
What do you reccomend for flippers? (okay now it's getting off topic but now one else is posting, so ohwell =P)

Fins I would recommend finding somewhere to try them on. Size charts are nice but they can't tell you if the pocket will be comfortable. If you have smaller feet like I do it'll be easier said than done [emoji23] One big thing I would look for though is something modular. There may come a day where you want to upgrade the blade on your fin and instead of having to buy a whole new set you can just buy the blades which will save you money in the long run.

Okay thanks!! I'm super excited now Lol. I really think I'm going to go with this in Small-Tall http://www.neptonicsystems.com/Riffe-Digi-Tek-Wetsuit.php
I just have to like give up buying the prAna meme pants and the summer dress I was eye-ing for like ever. Lol

I'll wait until tomorrow to see if anyone else has any like advice.
Thanks so so much again for all the help!! ^_^ *hugs*

Okay thanks!! I'm super excited now Lol. I really think I'm going to go with this in Small-Tall http://www.neptonicsystems.com/Riffe-Digi-Tek-Wetsuit.php
I just have to like give up buying the prAna meme pants and the summer dress I was eye-ing for like ever. Lol

I'll wait until tomorrow to see if anyone else has any like advice.
Thanks so so much again for all the help!! ^_^ *hugs*

No problem, before you buy it though I would message the company and see what their return policy is just in case it doesn't fit. Some places don't accept returns on open cells. When I ordered mine I was lucky and was able to try it on before I ordered it (try it on inside out so there isint a problem with it being considered used)

Thanks! I contacted the store guy.
I have another question that I thought while doing my obsessive research on freediving/spearfishing lol. Do you carry a knife? If you do, where do you like attach it?

Thanks! I contacted the store guy.
I have another question that I thought while doing my obsessive research on freediving/spearfishing lol. Do you carry a knife? If you do, where do you like attach it?

I mostly dive the Florida springs so I don't carry one. My friends that go ocean side a little more seem to prefer to strap theirs to their dive belts

Ohkay yay I don't have to buy a knife then =P
Do you use weights? Do I need to get weights to learn or whatever?

Ohkay yay I don't have to buy a knife then =P
Do you use weights? Do I need to get weights to learn or whatever?

Not everyone will need weights, that is something you and your instructor might need to figure out together as it usually takes a couple dives. Just make sure however much you're wearing you're still buoyant at the surface without kicking.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT